ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #9541
Kyron
Oncler Inds
 
Kyron's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: NotCal Arizona
Oddometer: 163
Go to a third party mvd place for sure!!
A bonded title isn't bad at all......
__________________
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man"..."There are better things in life than beer, but beer makes up for not having those things"....Arizona Trail Riders... Pacifica Motorcycle Association.... 01 XR650L, 06 300XCW, Sherco 290, some rockcrawler thingy, a herd of XR100's and other stuff that makes me smile.....
Kyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:44 AM   #9542
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...
 
Garthe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 4,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath View Post
I think the Darien would be a little hot around here in the summer.

S.C.
Just a FYI for you S.C. I used a Darien light for years. I retired my regular Darien, after receiving the light. I took it through Texas, Death Valley in August and here in Phoenix. It works great. I still have it, if you'd like to check it out. Just PM me.

Regards, Jim

I think we're very close it physalis size...I'm 6'6", 275 on a good day...then I'm not retaining a lot of water... :-)
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #9543
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post
Just a FYI for you S.C. I used a Darien light for years. I retired my regular Darien, after receiving the light. I took it through Texas, Death Valley in August and here in Phoenix. It works great. I still have it, if you'd like to check it out. Just PM me.

Regards, Jim

I think we're very close it physalis size...I'm 6'6", 275 on a good day...then I'm not retaining a lot of water... :-)
Wish I had seen this before I dropped $300 on a Joe Rocket yesterday.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #9544
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...
 
Garthe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 4,294
Return it...PM me if I can help.
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #9545
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post
Return it...PM me if I can help.
I've already used the jacket, and it's very nice.

I'm going to get a 'Stich jacket/pants sooner or later anyway. Maybe this fall I'l get after that.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #9546
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure
 
Crawdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Ramona, CA.
Oddometer: 2,188
Cannonball/Williams Valley Road Prescott to Seligman/40

Hi Folks - heading out from San Diego this Sat and heading to Yuma Sat and Mesa on Sunday with this group:

"The "Finding Cannon Ball's Trail" centennial ride on may 3rd will be an event not to miss just due to the pure "coolness" of taking off on the same day (down to the minute) as Cannonball Baker did 100 years ago..........pretty wild to think Edwin Baker left San Diego, crossed the United States, and arrived in NYC in 1914 on a "7" hp Indian motorcycle and he did it in 11 days"

http://www.cannonballproject.com/content/

Once we reach Roosevelt Lake on Monday I'm planning on breaking off and heading north towards Seligman.....once I reach Prescott I was thinking about taking Williams Valley Road but I know nothing about the condition of this road. Is it a MAJOR dirt road? That's about all I want to hit on my Loaded 2012 VStrom since we all know it's really just a SV650 street bike in adventure bike trim.
__________________
Chris Crawford (Crawford + 4 kids = Crawdaddy )
http://www.CrawdadOffRoadEvents.com
http://www.DualSportMoto.com
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #9547
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Prescott AZ
Oddometer: 3,452
Williamson Valley Rd as close to pavement as you can get
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #9548
rattlecan
Caffeine Driven
 
rattlecan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: left of center AZ.
Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
Hi Folks - heading out from San Diego this Sat and heading to Yuma Sat and Mesa on Sunday with this group:

"The "Finding Cannon Ball's Trail" centennial ride on may 3rd will be an event not to miss just due to the pure "coolness" of taking off on the same day (down to the minute) as Cannonball Baker did 100 years ago..........pretty wild to think Edwin Baker left San Diego, crossed the United States, and arrived in NYC in 1914 on a "7" hp Indian motorcycle and he did it in 11 days"

http://www.cannonballproject.com/content/

Once we reach Roosevelt Lake on Monday I'm planning on breaking off and heading north towards Seligman.....once I reach Prescott I was thinking about taking Williams Valley Road but I know nothing about the condition of this road. Is it a MAJOR dirt road? That's about all I want to hit on my Loaded 2012 VStrom since we all know it's really just a SV650 street bike in adventure bike trim.
Yes, easy, wide, fast. A few sprinkled rocks in places. Have fun. Can have muddy sections if it rains.
__________________
___________________
"Technically, it's doable"
Nightstalker
rattlecan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #9549
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure
 
Crawdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Ramona, CA.
Oddometer: 2,188
Thanks guys, another option under consideration is Mogollon Rim over to Mormon Lake just south of Flagstaff..... Two track or major dirt road?
__________________
Chris Crawford (Crawford + 4 kids = Crawdaddy )
http://www.CrawdadOffRoadEvents.com
http://www.DualSportMoto.com
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:48 AM   #9550
pfdskipper
Westside Trash
 
pfdskipper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Litchfield Park, Az
Oddometer: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
Thanks guys, another option under consideration is Mogollon Rim over to Mormon Lake just south of Flagstaff..... Two track or major dirt road?
It can be both, or all slab. Your pick, many options. A very nice back-country type of ride, all slab would be highway 87 from Mesa, north to Payson, Strawberry and over the rim. Continue north until Clints Well. Turn Left onto forest highway 3 which takes you past Mormon Lake and into Flagstaff. From Flag you have many more options to get yourself to Seligman. I-40 is most direct. Or the scenic route down 89A and oak creek canyon, Sedona.

Hope that helps.

Oh, Google earth is your friend. Dont be afraid.
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #9551
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,544
Anyone here heading to Vegas for the Supercross this weekend?

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #9552
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer
 
DurtKlod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 1,272
No idea what to do with your back yard? Here's a good one!
__________________
It's not the limits of the bike... it's the limits of the rider on the bike.
DurtKlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #9553
KenMcBreezy
Back on dirt - hurts
 
KenMcBreezy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Oxnard, CA
Oddometer: 31
tenere es riders

Hey, if any of you have an S10 ES, Jesse Luggage Systems is looking for a bike to do rack fitment. I'd ride out from LA for it, but its a long walk back.
__________________
It doesn't matter what you ride (even scooters and can-am's) as long as you RIDE.
KenMcBreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #9554
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,359
July

Have any of you done/are doing the CTR Dual sport ride July 19? I'd like to know what to expect. I have done stuff like this thats really worthwhile and some not.
__________________
I still dont have one, do I need one? I'm confused
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #9555
2 SPOT
wannabe
 
2 SPOT's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: valley of the sunstroke, AZ
Oddometer: 2,593
i'm doin it,,, havent done it before cause i think its the first annual,,,, but knowing the area and some of the CTR guys it will be good times and good riding.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014