ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #961
Chick4KLRs OP
Adventure in my Soul

Oddometer: 522
[quote=studley]Thanks guys! That was fun playing tag in the cold north. Told you I could catch up. Did Robin get home in one piece? That broken shifter needs a little work. The spa is hot so we are going out back to unwind. [/quote]

I am not worthy o master..... GEEZ you are FAST! and TWO UP no less

Living life, making friends...one rider at a time. ~Richard (1916-2007)
Chick4KLRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #962
Chick4KLRs OP
Adventure in my Soul

Oddometer: 522
KTMser video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIan2lqId_k

Bluestreak - WELL DONE MY BROTHER

This video is GREAT. KTMser, a rider that dosent let ANYTHING get in his way, foiled by an Arizona dirt hill.... AND STILL HAS A CIGARETTE IN HIS MOUTH. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Living life, making friends...one rider at a time. ~Richard (1916-2007)
Chick4KLRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #963
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Oddometer: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by studley
Thanks guys! That was fun playing tag in the cold north. Told you I could catch up. Did Robin get home in one piece? That broken shifter needs a little work. The spa is hot so we are going out back to unwind.
Bitchin ride today!!!! Thanks Eddy and Alex for setting that up . Thanks to Kevin & Mary, Eddy, Alex, and Kurt for the checking up on me with the broken shifter, tailing me and making sure I got home in one piece. BTW: New add to the tail bag tool set, a tube of Quick Fix Epoxy (found at Wal-Mart), sets in 15 Min, cures in one hour, even works on wet surfaces. I'm going to buy a new shifter, but will carry the currnt one for a spare, as I dont think the thing will break even if I hit it with a 12LBS Sledge.

Again thanks everyone, it was great!!!!!

(Co-founder: Southwest Dual Sport Riders)

1984 KLR600 (Kick Start)
1994 Suzuki DR350S
2002 Suzuki SV650S
2006 KLR650

Ride it like you stole it!!

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown, is the belief that one's work is terribly important!" - Bertrand Russell

Old Punks never die, we just change the color of our Mohawks.
Makakoa85032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #964
studley
Lord and Master

Oddometer: 677
Please tell us you are going to buy two new shifters and hang the old one on the wall. If nothing else bring it to me and I will weld it so that worry is out to pasture. Fun ride, where's the photos????
Old 04-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #965
ShinySideUpAZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makakoa85032
Bitchin ride today!!!! Thanks Eddy and Alex for setting that up . Thanks to Kevin & Mary, Eddy, Alex, and Kurt for the checking up on me with the broken shifter, tailing me and making sure I got home in one piece. BTW: New add to the tail bag tool set, a tube of Quick Fix Epoxy (found at Wal-Mart), sets in 15 Min, cures in one hour, even works on wet surfaces. I'm going to buy a new shifter, but will carry the currnt one for a spare, as I dont think the thing will break even if I hit it with a 12LBS Sledge.

Again thanks everyone, it was great!!!!!
Post a pic of the Quick Fix Epoxy package for the rest of us.
STOC#6086 SWR#177
'05 ST1300 '01 BMW F650GS ABS

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Albert Einstein, 1931
ShinySideUpAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #966
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,751
Quote:
Please tell us you are going to buy two new shifters and hang the old one on the wall. If nothing else bring it to me and I will weld it so that worry is out to pasture. Fun ride, where's the photos????
Thanx Kev & Mary for savin' us z table at z restaurant in Jerome other wise we would be havin' dinner instead . This quick fix epoxy thing is magic man , i love it i am gonna carry a dozen of them every time i go ridin' , u learn somethin' new every day . Thanks all for comin' to that ride it was spectacular . Pics. comin' soon Kevin.

DR650SEDDY screwed with this post 04-05-2009 at 09:14 PM
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #967
Blue Streak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick4KLRs
KTMser video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIan2lqId_k

Bluestreak - WELL DONE MY BROTHER

This video is GREAT. KTMser, a rider that dosent let ANYTHING get in his way, foiled by an Arizona dirt hill.... AND STILL HAS A CIGARETTE IN HIS MOUTH. BEAUTIFUL!!!
Nice to see you again. I hope to make it to Sunday M&G's more often.
Thanks for the compliments on the video. I had fun making it.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #968
AleThor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Hi there,
I made it home safe. Thank you guys for the company today and the good ride. Different terrains including stretches of fast and technical trials. Let us do it again soon.

Cheers
AleThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #969
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,751
today's Ride

Me & Alethor decided to go on an exploration ride to z area located beteween Mayer & jerome or improvise a ride as we go . I was at z meet& greed meetin' this mornin' to see who dares joinin' us to this adventure so we end up with z followin' Challengers :
me , Alethor , Robin (co-founder SDSR) and Kirt .
we took I-17 to Blk-Canyon-city and we took z off-rd from there to Mayer

After a quick pit stp in Mayer we connected with Kevin & Mary on their Bimmer GS1200R , from there we took s. Orme rd to 169 . Once there Kevin decided to keep on goin' to Jerome where we'll meet at later time his muscle up Bimmer is way to heavy for that typical ride we're on .we took then Cherry rd and we turned left to NF132 , (by z way i planned that ride last year, finally made it) . we were blocked by a tree in our path ( some pics. shown from Az bike week) , so it was easy to turn around it on z right and in z wash , Alethor took z initiative to go first and scout for detour the rest followed . Kirt was catchin' up to me at moments on his blue sweet KLR.

Not far behind Robin ,then Alex , by z way thank u Alex for being the sweep rider u did great job

Me & Kirt waitin' for Robin & Alex & enjoyin' z spectacular sceneries and of course takin' some pics.

By z time we get to Jerome Kevin & Mary had already reserved a table for all of us otherwise we would be havin' late dinner because of z long waiting line ,that's sweet of u guys to do .

After a nice meal for a bunch of hungry riders we air up z tires and home we go . Once passin in Cotton wood Robin had his shiter lever cracked and barely holdin' on so we stop to try to resolve that matter right next to Wal-Mart . Robin went inside z store and come out with some epoxy quick fix for metal this stuff blows my mind , he applied less than hand full of that on z broken lever wait 20 min & it's hard like platinum and i was like WHAT ??
That was amazin' i want some of that stuff but in order to have the feel of ur foot on z lever Robin has to drive his bike with a half set of boot home
z other tennis shoe i kept it as souvenir

DR650SEDDY screwed with this post 04-06-2009 at 10:41 AM
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:04 AM   #970
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Quote:
Mahalo for the offer!

I figure that if I can get the goop off of it I'll blast a couple of beads on it front and back. Funny thing is that I have used other welding epoxies before and sometimes the they hold better then the original weld. No, I am looking at a couple of different manufactures for extended shift levers for riding boots. I also need serrated foot pegs.

1984 KLR600 (Kick Start)
1994 Suzuki DR350S
2002 Suzuki SV650S
2006 KLR650

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown, is the belief that one's work is terribly important!" - Bertrand Russell

Makakoa85032 screwed with this post 04-06-2009 at 06:12 AM
Old 04-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #971
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

QuickSteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySideUpAZ
Post a pic of the Quick Fix Epoxy package for the rest of us.
Are are shots of what was fixed, and what fixed it!!

Shift Lever:

Shifter with QuickSteel Fix

QuickSteel Package (Available at Wal-Mart):

Product container

Link to Manufactures website for more info:

http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/bl...c/products/164

In reading the product package, this stuff can even be used while the parts are submerged in water. I used Brakleen to clean the part and sand paper to remove the paint down to bare metal. I assume that if you had a punctured crank case or side cover, you could also seal it with this stuff?/!

1984 KLR600 (Kick Start)
1994 Suzuki DR350S
2002 Suzuki SV650S
2006 KLR650

Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #972
Makakoa85032
Displaced Surfer

Luau Pic's

Here is a link to the Luau Pic's on Photobucket

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...Annual%20Luau/

Sorry for the delay.

1984 KLR600 (Kick Start)
1994 Suzuki DR350S
2002 Suzuki SV650S
2006 KLR650

Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #973
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makakoa85032
Are are shots of what was fixed, and what fixed it!!

Shift Lever:

QuickSteel Package (Available at Wal-Mart):

Link to Manufactures website for more info:

http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/bl...c/products/164

In reading the product package, this stuff can even be used while the parts are submerged in water. I used Brakleen to clean the part and sand paper to remove the paint down to bare metal. I assume that if you had a punctured crank case or side cover, you could also seal it with this stuff?/!
I used some of that same stuff to plug up a copper water line I drilled a hole in. It worked great, even under water pressure.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #974
ShinySideUpAZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyaz
I used some of that same stuff to plug up a copper water line I drilled a hole in. It worked great, even under water pressure.
Guess that means two more things we should have in our repair kits in addition to the epoxy. A good cleaner, and sand paper.
STOC#6086 SWR#177
'05 ST1300 '01 BMW F650GS ABS

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Albert Einstein, 1931
ShinySideUpAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #975
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySideUpAZ
Guess that means two more things we should have in our repair kits in addition to the epoxy. A good cleaner, and sand paper.
We're going to compile so much stuff, Robin is going to have to follow us around in the shiny new "Rescue Vehicle" just to carry it all.