ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #1006
ShinySideUpAZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Friday's Ride.

Friday is the only day I can ride this weekend due to family obligations, so for me it's Friday or nothing.

Ok, we will keep a close eye on the weather as of the time of this update on Wednesday the rains have moved in the forcast to Saturday. This is important because you have to cross the Aqua Fria twice, and the water rises fast when it rains. We don't want to find ourselves stranded. Those of you with higher suspension bikes can tolerate alot more water then I can on my F650GS.
Current Plan: Tip Top Mine and an excursion down Boulder Creek. From the Table Mesa exit the track to the top of Tip Top is 11.4 miles. The side spur trip down Boulder Creek is 2.6 miles.

Departure: Friday 4/10/09 10:00 am at the Chevron Station 3150 W. CAREFREE HWY. This is on the East side of the freeway off of exit 223.

Equipment: Bring water lunch, and the right gear. If you have FRS or GMRS capability ,on or off the bike bring'em.

A good link on the history of Tip Top Mine.

Track attached.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx Tip Top Mine AZTopo.gpx (51.1 KB, 56 views)
STOC#6086 SWR#177
'05 ST1300 '01 BMW F650GS ABS

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Albert Einstein, 1931

ShinySideUpAZ screwed with this post 04-08-2009 at 01:00 PM
ShinySideUpAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #1007
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY
Wass up Sonny ,
it's not that like i choose them to be wild & crazy they just turn like that on z way or as we go . I am in for something on Saturday & i'll let u choose , how about this : 4 Peaks to A-Cross rd to Young town , and we get out from Heber to Payson . Easy ride , nice sceneries & even Robin with his busted shoulder can kick ass there .
I am sure AleThor is in for that one ...Decide & let me know . I will call this ride : Z SONNYAZ Super ride . Remeber u will lead this time .

Sure sounds like a plan to me.
Or.....We could do that ride over to Agua Caliente that KLRKirk had planned for the Sun. after the Luau, there's plenty of dirt out that way, some for you and Alethor to play in too. Maybe we can get a few of the other
SWDSRs to come along; Whaddya say?
Z "Yellow Rider" should actually ride z point. I'll just drag up z rear.

SonnyAZ screwed with this post 04-08-2009 at 12:06 AM
SonnyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #1008
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyaz

Sure sounds like a plan to me. Maybe we can get a few of the other
SWDSRs to come along; Whaddya say?
Z "Yellow Rider" should actually ride z point. I'll just drag up z rear.
i am down for whatever man , just want to let u know guys that i spend z last 4 hours finallizing and polishin' z last touches of z TRIP to z GRAND CANYON mostly off-rd . Mainly we're decided to go for it in z 2nd week of June & most likely to make an overnighter in flagstaff , i am not gonna say much about untill 3 weeks before takes-off . But i'll tell u that it's going to be one of z most EPIC journey of ur ridin' experiences .
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 AM   #1009
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller

Quote:
i am down for whatever man , just want to let u know guys that i spend z last 4 hours finallizing and polishin' z last touches of z TRIP to z GRAND CANYON mostly off-rd . Mainly we're decided to go for it in z 2nd week of June & most likely to make an overnighter in flagstaff , i am not gonna say much about untill 3 weeks before takes-off . But i'll tell u that it's going to be one of z most EPIC journey of ur ridin' experiences .
A trip to Grand Canyon sounds like a good one for sure.
I think, if the weather permits Sat., maybe we ought to stay in the lower elevations. The ride to Agua Caliente might be a better choice, maybe we can get KLRKirk to lead the way.
4 peaks might get some nasty
weather, the forecast for the valley Sat. is supposed to be 67 and showers.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #1010
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

O.k lower elevetion it is . KLRKirk where are u at ? Maybe we can go for that ride u did on z wesssside few weeks ago .
Old 04-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #1011
Blue Streak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySideUpAZ
Friday is the only day I can ride this weekend due to family obligations, so for me it's Friday or nothing.

Ok, we will keep a close eye on the weather, this is important because you have to cross the Aqua Fria twice, and the water rises fast when it rains. We don't want to find ourselves stranded. Those of you with higher suspension bikes can tolerate alot more water then I can on my F650GS.
Current Plan: Tip Top Mine and an excursion down Boulder Creek. From the Table Mesa exit the track to the top of Tip Top is 11.4 miles. The side spur trip down Boulder Creek is 2.6 miles.

Departure: Friday 4/10/09 10:00 am at the Chevron Station 3150 W. CAREFREE HWY. This is on the East side of the freeway off of exit 223.

Equipment: Bring water lunch, and the right gear. If you have FRS or GMRS capability ,on or off the bike bring'em.
Track attached.
I'm in. See you there. No FRS or GMRS, but I do have a "SPOT messenger" for emergencies.
Darin
Old 04-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #1012
ta2rob
2 longs, 1 short, 1 long.

Oddometer: 307
PM sent!

- R

Quote:

Ok, we will keep a close eye on the weather, this is important because you have to cross the Aqua Fria twice, and the water rises fast when it rains. We don't want to find ourselves stranded. Those of you with higher suspension bikes can tolerate alot more water then I can on my F650GS.

Track attached.
ta2rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #1013
SonnyAZ
DesertDweller

Quote:
O.k lower elevetion it is . KLRKirk where are u at ? Maybe we can go for that ride u did on z wesssside few weeks ago .
Hokay!!! Let's figure out a time and place to meet.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #1014
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyaz
Hokay!!! Let's figure out a time and place to meet.
If we're travelin' west & the weather isn't so threatenin' , 8:00am is o.k ?? in front of Starbucks on 43rd ave & Thunderbird S.E. corner ...
Who else is in for Saturday's ride ?? Come on that's an easy ride u can ride a GXR750R over there .
Old 04-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #1015
AleThor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
If we're travelin' west & the weather isn't so threatenin' , 8:00am is o.k ?? in front of Starbucks on 43rd ave & Thunderbird S.E. corner ...
Who else is in for Saturday's ride ?? Come on that's an easy ride u can ride a GXR750R over there .
What is the route ?
AleThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #1016
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleThor
What is the route ?
I guess from old US hwy 80 to Auga Caliente rd .
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #1017
Nightstalker
YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer: 5,928
Nightstalker says - F WORK!! I'm IN!

Quote:

Ok, we will keep a close eye on the weather as of the time of this update on Wednesday the rains have moved in the forcast to Saturday. This is important because you have to cross the Aqua Fria twice, and the water rises fast when it rains. We don't want to find ourselves stranded. Those of you with higher suspension bikes can tolerate alot more water then I can on my F650GS.

A good link on the history of Tip Top Mine.

Track attached.

North American
Ride Report Index and GPX files at:

NSRides.com

Nightstalker rides North America 2007

snug htiw swoC
Nightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #1018
kbblue
mmmm... dirt...

Oddometer: 292
Ok. I'm finally posting.... Kurt... blue KLR. The guy eating Eddy's dust last week for our leisurely ride to Jerome. Great ride. Sorry I had to leave early to pick up the wife at the airport. Glad to hear the quick metal epoxy worked on the shifter. Good stuff.

I'm in for Friday's ride to Tip Top. See you at the Chevron at 10AM.

Also up for something Sat or Sun. I saw Eddy looking for a KLRKirt, which could be me, maybe, but I didn't ride anything on the west side recently, so maybe not. I'm thinking I'd prefer Sunday cuz riding in the desert after a rain is as good as it gets. That's if it actually rains.

Crisis - I'm not sure what color that jacket is but my dog ate something that didn't agree with him and now I've got a spot just like it on my white carpet!!
kbblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #1019
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

hey Kirt finally u made it here , i was lookin' for KLR_KIRK not Kirt , he made that west ride last month , but i got all coordinates from Google maps
but i prefer to go with someone who had been there before .
Glad to see u on z Forum Kirt , Saturday i am open for a ride but z weather still ????
Old 04-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #1020
fuzzydude2
CMA'er

Oddometer: 211
tip top mine ride

If I bring my kids and trailer their dirt bikes to Table mesa road, would we be able to do this ride?
R-

06' Triumph Sprint / 00' Goldwing
01' Moto Guzzi California Special
98' KTM 620 RXC / 05' KTM 525 EXC
fuzzydude2 is offline   Reply With Quote