Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #15136
Desertdweller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
The tires are Maxxis Desert IT's. They hold up very well. I run em with the Tubliss system at 8-10 psi. Not DOT. The speedo is a Trail Tech Vapor. It is mounted to a bracket that bolted down to the OE top clamp. I drilled and tapped two small holes in the BRP sub mount just above the scott's. I can post up some pics of the speedo bracket if you like.

Thanks for your comments about the lights, I reworked the mounting brackets 3 or 4 times in the last few weeks. HIDs and LEDs worked fantastic. I didn't even turn on my helmet lights.
I'd appreciate some pics of the bracket if you don't mind. Thanks.
Desertdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #15137
ZXRaziel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
could you take a few pics of the mounts ...im interested in you idea
+1 ,
and are you running the 200W ricki stator ?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #15138
Craiger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTATANGO View Post
Who makes some taller bars for and XR?
I'm 6'3 and I need some taller bars.
My Solution...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post17958312
Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #15139
DELTATANGO
Motorcyclist and Dog Walk

Oddometer: 13,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
Thanks a lot.
DELTATANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #15140
Desert Scoundrel
Banned

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdweller View Post
No shit? Why didn't I consider that?

I bought one of those analog speedometer/odometers that work with the existing cable, so I'm limited on reach, and it is in conflict with the stabilizer during turning movements no matter where I try to mount it. I'm looking for a better option for a speedometer/odometer. The Trail Tech speedo is probably my solution.

Thanks so much for your valuable input.

You're welcome! The vapor is a very affordable and accurate way of monitoring the vitals on pretty much anything you install it on. In my opinion, it is the best for the price.
Desert Scoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #15141
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Just got done pressure washing the bike. Here are afew pictures of the gauge bracket and head light brackets. My garage is a mess so the pics are not very good.
I wound the stator with 18 ga. magnet wire. Running two DC circuits, two regulators, two battery's. The HIDs are sensitive to low voltage. If both HIDs are on at the same time at idle for long time they start to flicker. At higher rpm I can run all the lights and fan no problem.

Capt. Egregious screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 02:59 PM
Capt. Egregious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #15142
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,299
Thanks for that i really like your setup ..... will be going along those lines myself

the baja lightbar is kick ass .....iv seen them in operation
the 2 spots i think would be great angled out a tad ..then the light bar showing front

bloody nice setup
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #15143
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintax View Post
Are you asking what jets we run?

If so, here is where i'm at now...

Pilot - 27.5
Pilot Air jet - 1.2
Jet Needle - 9DJY1
Needle Jet - Y4 (but moving to a Y6 this weekend to test)
Clip - 2.5 (washer under, clip in pos 3)
Main - 140

Currently my pumper is disabled for tuning reasons.

I'm at 1850 ft, ~75 deg F, 30-50% humidity

Starts and idles great (like beyond great) small stumble off idle (which pumper will fix) light surging 1/4-1/2 throttle, very nice and clean 1/2 to 1/1 (pretty happy up top)
For anyone interested....

the Y6 needle jet fixed my surge and sad middle

I'm pretty darn happy with the carb now. Now i'm going to enable the accelerator pump and see whats doing.
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #15144
medisyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
I have installed my 200w ricky stator but it is only umm, 90% working.

All the lights work, but the headlight switch does nothing. The headlight is on no matter what setting I have it set to and the bright does not work. Also the kill switch does not work when I put it in the bottom position. The bike stays on! Had to stall it to turn it off.

I am running a AC-to-the-light and the rest DC setup. I have the relay from Baja Designs and I am using the stock AC reg on the AC side. But I have some questions about the BD relay. I cannot find anywhere to plug this in from the relay Baja Designs gave me http://i.imgur.com/g3RFZ.jpg Sorry I should have snapped a better pic. It has two flat blade connectors inside of it.

Also I am unsure where to plug the yellow/green wire from the BD kit now. http://i.imgur.com/0DpXK.jpg

Before I think it was plugged into either the blue or green wire. I assume that yellow/green wire is part of the kill switch? For the rest of the connections on the relay I just matched the blue and green wires.

Thanks in advance guys.
medisyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #15145
juri.tabain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
XR250L rear hub on XR650R

Hey guys,

would anyone of you know if an XR250L hub fits the BRP? I am desperate for a proper rear wheel cush drive and this might be the best bet - there is just no one with an 250 around I could try out...

And before ordering and shipping from the US it would be great to know what I'm doing (not that I usually would... ).

Anyone ever tried this mod?
juri.tabain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #15146
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintax View Post
For anyone interested....

the Y6 needle jet fixed my surge and sad middle

I'm pretty darn happy with the carb now. Now i'm going to enable the accelerator pump and see whats doing.
Accelerator pump is dialed in. I'm very happy so far!
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #15147
medisyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by medisyn View Post
I have installed my 200w ricky stator but it is only umm, 90% working.

All the lights work, but the headlight switch does nothing. The headlight is on no matter what setting I have it set to and the bright does not work. Also the kill switch does not work when I put it in the bottom position. The bike stays on! Had to stall it to turn it off.

I am running a AC-to-the-light and the rest DC setup. I have the relay from Baja Designs and I am using the stock AC reg on the AC side. But I have some questions about the BD relay. I cannot find anywhere to plug this in from the relay Baja Designs gave me http://i.imgur.com/g3RFZ.jpg Sorry I should have snapped a better pic. It has two flat blade connectors inside of it.

Also I am unsure where to plug the yellow/green wire from the BD kit now. http://i.imgur.com/0DpXK.jpg

Before I think it was plugged into either the blue or green wire. I assume that yellow/green wire is part of the kill switch? For the rest of the connections on the relay I just matched the blue and green wires.

Thanks in advance guys.
So it appears the yellow and black wire from the relay connects to the "stock" H4's yellow black wires? I connected it all that way and the bright appears to work with the headlight switch. It seemed strange to me to connect it since its a DC connection but I guess that is the whole point of the relay.

I just dont get why what BD supplied me does not connect at all. I had to use alligator test wires to connect the two. Here is a better shot of the yellow and black wire connector from the relay. http://i.imgur.com/Armys.jpg

I think I am just going to pop the male spades out and plug them into the "stock" H4 harness matching the black and yellow wires respectively?

I got the kill switch working again as well.
medisyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #15148
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
Thanks for that i really like your setup ..... will be going along those lines myself

the baja lightbar is kick ass .....iv seen them in operation
the 2 spots i think would be great angled out a tad ..then the light bar showing front

bloody nice setup
Thanks. The LED light bar puts out alot of light. I think it would work better if it was mounted higher. The OnX LED light bar was the one I was going to get but it did not have interchangeable optic lenses.
Capt. Egregious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #15149
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,299
so it is the baja light bar >> my mate has 1 .. there freaking bright
i just like the look and simplicity of your setup .. how does it handle a crash

looks as tho it go ok as its tight and close together
your yousing the BRP top clamp yes ?
i have a scotts damper here ATM looking to set it up .... i have the oil fil post but dont like it ..im looking at a HDB top clamp for vapour dash and switchs

then i can mount the scotts over the bars with a forward post as you have done

i like it
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #15150
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLightning! View Post
The vapor is a very affordable and accurate way of monitoring the vitals on pretty much anything you install it on. In my opinion, it is the best for the price.
I second that. But as important, they back up their products with a sterling service too!
I separately bought dual units online, and one had a problem. Because living so far away from them I thought that my guarantee would have expired the day it was sent, but when I contacted them this turned out to be a too negative view of me - they did sort it out, courteously & friendly, it is in the mail whilst I type this.
"Service" here means often a village in rural China, immeasurably different than in the 1rst world, and therefore I know that my next dashboard will also be a Vapor.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote