Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #15316
hontri
Global Bummer!

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider View Post
Had an 01 and sold it......... BIG MISTAKE!
Just picked up a 2000 completely unmolested bike that happen to come with a set of CR500 hubs laced for super moto complete with tires, discs and caliper re locator but no sprocket.

What would be an appropriate rear to run off the 14 tooth counter for some general street fun when the dirt tires are "resting"?

Happy to have an XRR again
I run 16/42 sprockets on my Moto.With a 15 on the front i ran a 38 out back. Personally i would up the front sprocket to a 15 or 16.They are cheap.
hontri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #15317
slickwill
Exhiled

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider View Post
What would be an appropriate rear to run off the 14 tooth counter for some general street fun when the dirt tires are "resting"?
I run 15/43 on mine. Most common for street Sumos on Supermotojunkie is 15/45, 15/47. Just do the math to convert to the same ratio using a 14T front.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #15318
seasider
Just a rider

Oddometer: 371
Thanks Slikwill and hontri.
Appreciate the info and just also realized there is a supermotard thread so i will direct future questions over there if the interest developes after I try those tires out.
Love the XRR dirt info here and dont want to make too clean!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #15319
AGiN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
EFI the BRP

Hello everyone from Kazakhstan!

I am a new to posting here, but was following this thread since page 200.
Recently I have found the universal EFI kit on http://www.ecotrons.com/400cc_to_800...e_EFI_kit.html
and want to know what you guys think about it. Seems like preaty decent kit and the only consern is adapters to airbox, and absence of constant 12v power (battery).
Is there any posibility to succesufly mount it into our bikes?

Regards
Agyn
AGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #15320
RalphyDo
Banned

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGiN View Post
Hello everyone from Kazakhstan!

I am a new to posting here, but was following this thread since page 200.
Recently I have found the universal EFI kit on http://www.ecotrons.com/400cc_to_800...e_EFI_kit.html
and want to know what you guys think about it. Seems like preaty decent kit and the only consern is adapters to airbox, and absence of constant 12v power (battery).
Is there any posibility to succesufly mount it into our bikes?

Regards
Agyn

Ecotron has had some bad reveiws. They may have changed stuff around since I read about them but here is a thread about the ecotron on a DRZ400:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/919...uild-turbo-fi/

You have to have a battery to run the Ecotron. Not a big deal, a battery is easy to add to the XRR
RalphyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #15321
Unsung
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
I now own a 2002 XR650R. The bike is beautiful, and runs perfect. I was afraid it wouldn't be in as nice of shape as the PO and his photos suggested, but it is! Aside from a few scratches here and there on the plastic, the thing looks great. The engine isn't dirty, the tires are in great shape. Only thing is I need to lower it or put a lower seat. I'm 5'11 and I'm on my toes while on it. I gave $2,250, and I'm very happy with it. Anyone know any good lower seats available for the bike? Also, I should get a front rim to replace the one on it that has the dent. Time to shop for goodies.

Could someone look at that last page with the picture of my bike and tell me if it looks like it sits higher than normal? It supposedly has same ride height as a CR500R, but it seems a bit taller to me. I'm thinking the suspension is set up for someone quite a bit heavier and that's the problem. But I was looking at pictures of other people's XR650R's and then a photo of mine, and mine looks like it sits an inch or two higher than others I've seen.

Unsung screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 11:33 PM
Unsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #15322
galland1
n00b

Oddometer: 111
Looks stock height. Never heard of raising links. Is the rear spring yellow? If not its probably sprung heavy. If you need stock springs ft and rear I have my originals.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
galland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #15323
pavemike
I fall down alot

Oddometer: 311
The rear looks stock to me. Check the sag though, maybe the previous owner set it high due to his weight . If it needs adjustment, don't bother taking off the sub frame. Just use a long flat blade screw driver wrapped in a towel and spin it with a hammer from the right hand side. Good looking bike!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #15324
nick5446
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigToad View Post
I used a wire harness (warness) from Vancouver Supermoto and it worked excellent. The owner of VSM loves his xr650r's and has one that's specific and well thought out for the xr. It is literally plug and play and has never let me down, it's not cheap but it is good quality. I hate doing electrical work however this install is easy with the instructions specific to the xr..link below

http://www.vancouversupermoto.com/pr...roducts_id=131
Thanks for the advice (all of you)! I'll do a little more research and hopefully find something that fits the bill. Didn't realize there was an XRR electrical thread...that should come in handy!
nick5446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #15325
Unsung
Adventurer

This bike is almost too nice to even go offroad with it... almost. I'm going to buy a new front rim, and put some DOT tires on it. And I think I'll put a lowering link, and drop the front 1". I've got a lot of questions so I'll be bothering you guys for awhile. Here's a short list of stupid questions, and I expect stupid answers. Thanks!.

15/48 gearing, what is my top speed going to be?

Is it weird if I cover it up in my carport, put a night light near it, and a heater so it's comfortable during the night?

I was looking at the title, and under "Body" where I heard it would say ORV or Off Road Only, this bike says MC. Is this normal? It came from California supposedly.

Anti-Theft? Anyone know where I can get motion sensing laser turrets, or large attack dogs that will fit in a tank bag? Or know a better way to keep this thing from getting stolen?

If anyone has a good front rim, I'll swap you a bent one with a mediocre tire on it.

Is it sending the wrong message if I paint it pink and put tassles on the ends of the handlebars?

This bike has an odometer on it, I guess from the factory. Is this just to keep up with service intervals?

Unsung screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 02:25 PM
Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #15326
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung View Post
Is it sending the wrong message if I paint it pink and put tassles on the ends of the handlebars?
You forget the running boards and the sissy bar, the latter crucial with the pink scheme. Mind though, nothing manly about tassles so it will be fitting. Remember to wear the same colour lipstick when you go ride eh?

BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #15327
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
SeanO ma man,

those fuel bladders, they're sturdy? You dropped the bike with them on maybe, and they survived? If you got a brand or name or linky let's have it, I'm looking for something like that. They look a lot less costly than (another?) Ozzi-brand I came across, the collapsible jerry cans, good but dear.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #15328
DocAxeYarYar
RideDualSport.com

Oddometer: 782
Your XRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung View Post
I now own a 2002 XR650R. The bike is beautiful, and runs perfect. I was afraid it wouldn't be in as nice of shape as the PO and his photos suggested, but it is! Aside from a few scratches here and there on the plastic, the thing looks great. The engine isn't dirty, the tires are in great shape. Only thing is I need to lower it or put a lower seat. I'm 5'11 and I'm on my toes while on it. I gave $2,250, and I'm very happy with it. Anyone know any good lower seats available for the bike? Also, I should get a front rim to replace the one on it that has the dent. Time to shop for goodies.
The front rims are prone to cracking, and mine was cracked when I got it, but was not able to tell. I had Woody's Wheels do a super lace with new rims on my bike.

Congratulations on your bike! It looks great, and having it dual sported and plated already is a big plus, and a real money saver. You might want to give it a good going through, if your not sure about regular maintenance:
- check the valves
- fresh oil and filter
- fresh fork oil
- check/lube all cables
- check/lock-tite kick start bolt
- check/upgrade right foot peg bolts
- clean/grease swingarm pivot, and all suspension bearings (swing arm pivot tends to seize in the motor casting, so lots of liquid wrench, let is soak. You may need the special "castle" tool for the lock nuts)
- clean/grease and adj steering stem
- check rear axel adjusters and if not frozen up, put anti-seize on them
- check oil level frequently to make sure it does not burn oil at a fast rate

Enjoy!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #15329
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty

Oddometer: 657
just back from Death Valley two up with camping food and water. this is steel pass we came in south pass. the adv pig.

BigNastybrp screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 02:54 PM
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #15330
Unsung
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buell78753 View Post
Congratulations on your bike! It looks great, and having it dual sported and plated already is a big plus, and a real money saver. You might want to give it a good going through, if your not sure about regular maintenance:
- check the valves
- fresh oil and filter
- fresh fork oil
- check/lube all cables
- check/lock-tite kick start bolt
- check/upgrade right foot peg bolts
- clean/grease swingarm pivot, and all suspension bearings (swing arm pivot tends to seize in the motor casting, so lots of liquid wrench, let is soak. You may need the special "castle" tool for the lock nuts)
- clean/grease and adj steering stem
- check rear axel adjusters and if not frozen up, put anti-seize on them
- check oil level frequently to make sure it does not burn oil at a fast rate

Enjoy!

Thank you. I was wondering what all I should check and service before I put it into rotation.