Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #15346
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,099
Welp, deal fell through on my XRR I had for sale...gonna finish the plating process and am thinking about making it a dedicated SM. Lowered, huge front brake, pumped engine.

What's a good donor for the front suspension?
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #15347
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by medisyn View Post
Where does one get that sweet butt pad?
the sweet butt pad http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stearns-Bl...Cover/10727537

sorry about the link to my picture I moved some pics around and broke the link. B
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #15348
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Welp, deal fell through on my XRR I had for sale...gonna finish the plating process and am thinking about making it a dedicated SM. Lowered, huge front brake, pumped engine.

Larry I have a costom lower rear shock for sell if you want it pm me. Bert
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #15349
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Why lower it? The 17" wheels lower it quite a bit already and with the massive grip on pavement, you'll run out of cornering clearance. I drag pegs easy on mine at full height. I would go with CRF450 forks if you want USD.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #15350
medisyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNastybrp View Post
the sweet butt pad http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stearns-Bl...Cover/10727537

sorry about the link to my picture I moved some pics around and broke the link. B
Should get this in the mail in a day or two. The most I have ever done on the XRR in a single day is 110mi. I hope to change that soon when I get the suspension back from the shop.
medisyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #15351
slickwill
Exhiled

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Why lower it? The 17" wheels lower it quite a bit already and with the massive grip on pavement, you'll run out of cornering clearance. I drag pegs easy on mine at full height. I would go with CRF450 forks if you want USD.
Exactly what I'd say.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #15352
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,390
New XRR For Sale

Let me Start by saying "Divorce Sucks" but it in my case it beat the alternative. As a result, I'm probably going to have to sell my new CA Plated XR650R. This bike is a total virgin with a metitculously A/R installation done on the dualsport kit. I haven't listed it anywhere yet, but wanted to see what you guys thought. Because it's new,, at the price I'm selling it for, I'm not profiting.

If someone is looking for a clean XR, I'd bet there wasn't a fresher one in existence. It's had maybe 2 tankfuls of gas run through it since new. It's a BRAND NEW!!! 2003. The plastic is not scratched and other than being plated, it's a virgin. I already installed the "HRC Uncorking Kit" the TrailTech Vapor with aluminum guard, and the ManRack with Fender Brace. I still have all the stock items that were removed. This bike is Super Fun to ride, but I'm hurting for cash. It starts right up very reliably. It's dusty because I took it for a 10 mile ride to say goodbye to it - and cry a little.

I want $5K for it, and if you think that's too much, you're probably not the right guy for it. This is for the person that specifically wants a brand new bike - with California Plate and Title. I'm in Orange County (Disneyland). PM me if you're interested.

RZ Rob

RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #15353
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Oddometer: 630
1x Aussie Replica build

I am in the process of sourcing parts for a 2005 1x Team Honda replica build which will hopefully be as close to the below photo as possible (without getting too silly). If anyone has any of the bits, you know who to PM

Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #15354
monkeyfez
Enabler....

Oddometer: 5,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaffa View Post
I am in the process of sourcing parts for a 2005 1x Team Honda replica build which will hopefully be as close to the below photo as possible (without getting too silly). If anyone has any of the bits, you know who to PM

No photo man.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #15355
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfez View Post
No photo man.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #15356
slickwill
Exhiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaffa View Post
I think the exhaust is the only thing that isn't commonly available. The BRP triple clamp/damper mount, IMS tank, and Renthal bars are all still common production items. Precision Concepts will still match the suspension exactly. Bob Bell told me he has all necessary parts to fully service my suspension if I want. Almost the entire HRC engine kit is still available. The oversize Braking front rotor is also still available (new design though). I'm not using the one that came on my bike currently since I upgraded to a 320mm rotor when I made the switch to supermoto trim. Did I miss anything?

Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #15357
slickwill
Exhiled

The Precision Concepts carbon fiber fork guards were also still available last time I checked.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #15358
bamfslap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
I think the exhaust is the only thing that isn't commonly available. The BRP triple clamp/damper mount, IMS tank, and Renthal bars are all still common production items. Precision Concepts will still match the suspension exactly. Bob Bell told me he has all necessary parts to fully service my suspension if I want. Almost the entire HRC engine kit is still available. The oversize Braking front rotor is also still available (new design though). I'm not using the one that came on my bike currently since I upgraded to a 320mm rotor when I made the switch to supermoto trim. Did I miss anything?

I could be wrong but I heard they actually didn't use the higher compression piston because it was overkill. That could save some money if piecing together the HRC kit...

Beautiful bike. I'm thinking of doing the black baja fender paint. Krylon fusion good?
bamfslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #15359
slickwill
Exhiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamfslap View Post
I could be wrong but I heard they actually didn't use the higher compression piston because it was overkill. That could save some money if piecing together the HRC kit...

Beautiful bike. I'm thinking of doing the black baja fender paint. Krylon fusion good?
True story. On the Baja bike bikes they ran 10:1. On the BITD bikes they ran 11:1. I have an email from Bob Bell explaining all of that.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #15360
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post

The BRP triples are no longer sold in Johnny Campbell form (ie. blue with his name embossed), they only sell the black ones but I can always get them made blue.

I have the race pipe, just not the headers so the plan is to find a close match to the original headers, unfortunately the race pipe join was a smaller diameter than most other headers including PC's normal system.

The Works Connection Pro clutch perch were superseded but they are very similar still.

The hardest will be the works rear brake, but I have sent a letter to the Honda Motorsports division (Precision concepts suggested this).

I can see this build becoming an obsession