Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #1531
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69
Sounds like the CDI for a weak spark, or... How's the compression? Just wondering if mayble the decompressor might be at issue.

-Joe
It's got good compression.

It was running too good and for it to just quit like it did, I am aiming for the CDI also.
RedBirdStation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #1532
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
Home from work and can check out those pictures. I definately see "the back side of the hole" is knocked out. I wonder what dipshit could have done that, and why. I hope that bolt hasn't backed itself out and flopping around in my engine somewhere.

Thanks for those pics.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #1533
zaptoad
just a guy

Oddometer: 296
the dark hole....

Might be able to tell if its still in there by poking a wire in there. If its there, you should be able to feel it. If not, It's time to play doctor!!!!
zaptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #1534
chip
Follow Me

good idea. I'll try that tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptoad
Might be able to tell if its still in there by poking a wire in there. If its there, you should be able to feel it. If not, It's time to play doctor!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #1535
chip
Follow Me

I've decided I don't want and can't afford these wheels and tires. I posted them for sale in the flea market for my neighbor. I'm heading to LA this week so if anyone there wants to check them out I'll bring them.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #1536
spoolie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Hey guys, it has been a long time since i posted in here, has anyone done any fixes for the rear subframe install for racks? increasing the diameter of the bolts and using heli coils, and gusseting the frame wear there will be the most pressure upon landing?
spoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #1537
brp2004
Orygun

Oddometer: 200
rear subframe fix

Bigger bolts is the answer. 8mm x 1.25 thread pitch. Drill and tap, do not use heli coil as it will eventually pull out. Drill and tap is easy, I'd never used one before and it was as easy, once the rack was off it took less than an hour.
brp2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #1538
spoolie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Has anyone gusseted the frame to support extra weight?
spoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #1539
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,135
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258211

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolie
Hey guys, it has been a long time since i posted in here, has anyone done any fixes for the rear subframe install for racks? increasing the diameter of the bolts and using heli coils, and gusseting the frame wear there will be the most pressure upon landing?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #1540
Loy
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Has anyone tried a 12:1 piston for the XRR? I'm thinking of buying one and it would be great to hear your opinions!
Loy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:12 AM   #1541
aicram22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
XR650R won't start

My XR650R hasn't been run in a month. It has the Edlebrock pumper and I don't think its getting any fuel. I remove the 18 mm drain bolt at the bottom of the carb and no fuel comes out even when I wick the throttle. Also, its very hard to kick all the way through. The valves are set correctly. Any Ideas? Thanks
aicram22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #1542
pavemike
I fall down alot

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicram22
My XR650R hasn't been run in a month. It has the Edlebrock pumper and I don't think its getting any fuel. I remove the 18 mm drain bolt at the bottom of the carb and no fuel comes out even when I wick the throttle. Also, its very hard to kick all the way through. The valves are set correctly. Any Ideas? Thanks
Start simple. Check that the petcock on the tank is set to on (I've messed this one up when i was in a hurry), check that the fuel screen on the inside of the tank isnt clogged, the fuel line leading into the carb didnt get pinched stopping fuel flow, and of course make sure you have gas in it.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #1543
V-rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
xr650r engine parts - some good places to buy from?

Hi,

I have been searching all over the Internet for days and can't seem to turn up some good places to get xr650r engine parts. Looking for stuff like cranks, rods, pistons, etc. Might even need a new sleeve...

Appreciate any people/store/shop names, links, numbers, etc.

Thanks!
V-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #1544
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicram22

Tap on the side of the card with the handle of a screwdriver.......the needle is stuck closed........leave the drain bolt out and you will know when it comes loose.
Gunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #1545
aicram22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Xr650r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger1
Tap on the side of the card with the handle of a screwdriver.......the needle is stuck closed........leave the drain bolt out and you will know when it comes loose.

Gunslinger that sounds right! I'm getting fuel through the petcock but, when I open the drain plug at the bottom of the carb. no flow.

Thanks,
aicram22 is offline   Reply With Quote