Awesome pictures Buell , I bet the piggy loved the run out
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #15707
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
Ive got oversize rads on mine and rarely see much over 150
That's 65C ie lower than the 80-odd the thermostat opens at, so you must be riding withput one or with a stuck-open open one. Both not good, so check?
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #15708
mdlak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Santa brought me some new Doubletake mirrors. Added a Manrack too!

mdlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #15709
ditchwitch650
living the nightmare

Oddometer: 733
fluidyne radiators?

G'day Inmates, A mate and myself are both looking to buy fluidyne radiator sets for our brp's! Can anyone here point us in the right direct of a good supplier and great prices? what is the going rate for a pair?

we are in Australia and will need them shipped over here

ditchwitch650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #15710
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Oddometer: 617
Anyone happen to know what brake lever the 2005 1x Johnny Campbell bike had? Some publications say ASV but I have yet to see a photo with one. The clutch perch was the WC pro perch, but not sure about the brake.....
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #15711
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchwitch650 View Post
G'day Inmates, A mate and myself are both looking to buy fluidyne radiator sets for our brp's! Can anyone here point us in the right direct of a good supplier and great prices? what is the going rate for a pair?

we are in Australia and will need them shipped over here
Ebay is full of them, about $400 US a pair.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #15712
mineolaman
Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer: 60
XR650R "baja edition"???

Hi fellas, I am looking at a 2002 Xr650R to purchase. The bike has only 640 miles. It is street legal. I live in Texas and the bike originated from California. The seller states that the bike is a "baja edition". He says that the differences are the tuning of the motor, the suspension, which has a longer travel, the jetting, exhaust tuning, and a few others I can't remember now. Seller states it came from the dealership this way and was a price upgrade over the conventional R models. Can someone enlighten me on this or tell me if they've ever ran across one of these bikes? I would appreciate any help, thanks.
mineolaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #15713
mineolaman
Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlak View Post

Beautiful!
mineolaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #15714
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineolaman View Post
Hi fellas, I am looking at a 2002 Xr650R to purchase. The bike has only 640 miles. It is street legal. I live in Texas and the bike originated from California. The seller states that the bike is a "baja edition". He says that the differences are the tuning of the motor, the suspension, which has a longer travel, the jetting, exhaust tuning, and a few others I can't remember now. Seller states it came from the dealership this way and was a price upgrade over the conventional R models. Can someone enlighten me on this or tell me if they've ever ran across one of these bikes? I would appreciate any help, thanks.
I've never heard of that flavor XR, google turns up nothing, sounds like it's His Baja edition, not Honda's.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #15715
jbrownmxr
Gas Passer

Oddometer: 340
The XRR is the Baja edition

There was no Baja Edition XR. Perhaps he's confusing the XRR and the XRL and thinking, wrongly, that the XRR is a Baja version. They are two totally different bike.

The XRR was singly produced to do one thing and one thing alone. Win Baja for Honda. So in that the XRR IS the Baja edition.

Quote:

JB
jbrownmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #15716
pavemike
I fall down alot

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Run away from that seller. Either he's a liar, or he is just clueless. Every XRR is a "baja edition"
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #15717
BigToad
The Bone Destroyer

Oddometer: 193
Best to stay away the guy obviously has no clue.....other than winning the Baja many times there never was a Baja version. Each of the years were exactly the same with only one exception I believe and that's a clutch bushing??

However having said that its possible he bought it used and the salesman just gave him a line. Most of us uncork them by changing jets, opening up air box and either a header or drilling out stock exhaust. I suppose its possible he just bought it uncorked and the salesman just gave him a line about a Baja edition. Have you seen it? If it does have only 640 miles it might be worth checking it out, then again if he is a liar who knows what your getting in to.

my 2 cents

Quote:
BigToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #15718
zoro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlak View Post

Where did you get the "Man Rack" from? Looks great, nice bike.
zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #15719
mdlak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Manrack

Thanks! Good product and good guy to deal with....

http://www.manracks.com/#!honda-xr650r/c11xa
mdlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #15720
ditchwitch650
living the nightmare

Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Ebay is full of them, about $400 US a pair.
i was posting in case a helpful inmate may know elsewhere selling them at a better price then on ebay,

ditchwitch650 is offline   Reply With Quote