Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #15721
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchwitch650 View Post
i was posting in case a helpful inmate may know elsewhere selling them at a better price then on ebay,
DW, actually that's a pretty good price, usally they run $225.00 US each from most mail order places.

Here they are (on sale) at $224.00, if you can get a pair for $400 thats a good deal.
RideFreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #15722
DocAxeYarYar
RideDualSport.com

Oddometer: 781
Your man rack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlak View Post
Thanks! Good product and good guy to deal with....

http://www.manracks.com/#!honda-xr650r/c11xa
Plus one on the Manracks, have one on my XRR and very happy with it!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #15723
jbrownmxr
Gas Passer

Oddometer: 335
Levers

According to Scott they ran the OEM brake lever. You have the correct clutch perch. The thing to remember about the bikes is there was no real "factory" bike. As such one race they may run the JMB rear caliper, another might be OEM. The NV races they used the HRC piston, the others a decked version. Campbell liked floating front roters and Hengeveld did not. So, in other words there are multiple versions of the 1X bike you could build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaffa View Post
Anyone happen to know what brake lever the 2005 1x Johnny Campbell bike had? Some publications say ASV but I have yet to see a photo with one. The clutch perch was the WC pro perch, but not sure about the brake.....

JB
jbrownmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #15724
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownmxr View Post
According to Scott they ran the OEM brake lever. You have the correct clutch perch. The thing to remember about the bikes is there was no real "factory" bike. As such one race they may run the JMB rear caliper, another might be OEM. The NV races they used the HRC piston, the others a decked version. Campbell liked floating front roters and Hengeveld did not. So, in other words there are multiple versions of the 1X bike you could build.
Thanks jbrown, I had yet to hear about the history of the rear caliper coming off the JMB CR500 bike. I am also beginning to realise that there are several variants of the same Baja bike, which I guess makes the build a bit easier if I can't get my hands on a few of the parts!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #15725
Ironwood
Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bump View Post
Since a list of people I know wouldn't be a valid sample use Google. Really?

https://www.google.com/search?q=prob...ient=firefox-a
I usually stay on the sidelines, but posting that is just dumb.

I did your search as you suggested and got 29,700 hits. Sounds impressive, eh?

And then I did the same search substituting Baja Design and returned 236,000 hits.

So your lesson today: if you can't be civil, at least try not to look stupid.
Ironwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #15726
mdlak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Shock spring swap

Changed my rear spring in about an hour! Not bad for a rookie. Definitely the best way to get the shock out is to remove the main subframe bolt and pivot the whole subframe down and back, then pull the shock out the top. Thanks to whoever recommended that method (can't find the thread).
mdlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #15727
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,823
Getting ready to sell a few xr parts if anyone is interested, figured to let you guys know prior to offering them up to the masses.

SPAL Fan with inline thermostat Sold

25l Aquiline tank

HRC exhaust insert

Under Carb battery holder Sold

Pm if interested

RideFreak screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 11:36 PM
RideFreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #15728
Toaliosis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Getting ready to sell a few xr parts if anyone is interested, figured to let you guys know prior to offering them up to the masses.

SPAL Fan with inline thermostat

Pm if interested
PM sent on fan
Toaliosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #15729
mazman808
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Does anyone know if there is a throttle tube sleeve with an aggressive lobe?
Ive found ones like motion pro with stock lobes but i want aggressive ones/quicker snappier acceleration to suit my xrr motard setup.

cheers
mazman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #15730
bigtrailie
Rough idle

Oddometer: 640
Heat shield?

It seems like people are very positive about the Giant Loop Mojavi bags. I was wondering if any of you feel that it is necessary to use their heat shield in order to keep the right side plastic from being damaged by leaning too closely or against the stock muffler.

'04 KTM 950 ADVENTURE (black) - '05 Honda XR650R (plated) - '97 Honda XR600R (plated) - '99 Honda Valkyrie Interstate (joy rides with my wife and kids)
bigtrailie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #15731
woodsxr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post

SPAL Fan with inline thermostat

25l Aquiline tank

HRC exhaust insert

Under Carb battery holder

Pm if interested
PM sent
woodsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #15732
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrailie View Post
It seems like people are very positive about the Giant Loop Mojavi bags. I was wondering if any of you feel that it is necessary to use their heat shield in order to keep the right side plastic from being damaged by leaning too closely or against the stock muffler.
I don't know about the stock muffler, but I didn't need one with an aftermarket one (Moriwaki one trip, FMF Ti second trip). I mounted the bags so they were far enough forward to no put a lot of pressure on the sidepanels.

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #15733
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Got a T4 and use the shield.
More important I think, you get this shield with the GL bags... why not use it?
It fits well and does the job, and mine sits invisible under the panel.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #15734
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
i used a link of chain and a hose clamp on the frame, and attatched the bags to the chain link on the xrr. i use the same setup on the crf. looks kinda rigged, but it works to keep the nylon strap away from the heat of the exhaust.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #15735
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
i used a link of chain and a hose clamp on the frame, and attatched the bags to the chain link on the xrr. i use the same setup on the crf. looks kinda rigged, but it works to keep the nylon strap away from the heat of the exhaust.

Once again, 32,000 KM's of strapping that strap around the frame and not a single issue. Everything from Moab, Baja, Mexico, Latin America, and back the CDT (plus traffic in your home town with 44 degree heat (celcius)).

Not an issue. That's also with the thinner, ultra hot Powerbomb header and FMF Powercore 4 pipe.

Combine that with my buddies XRR with 8000 KM's of doing this you have 40,000 KM's of trouble free operation.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote