ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #16846
Adamco2
Part time adventurer
 
Adamco2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Santa Cruz
Oddometer: 127
Do you mean axle?

"i am having issues getting my hands on a front wheel spindle."

If it is an axle that you are looking for, seems the same as spindle, I have one or two laying around. I'll look into what it would cost send it to you in Ireland if you like.
By the way the CR/CRF axle is a different axle. I never found one that would work in it's place.

Adam
Adamco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #16847
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Currently - Canada
Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractor4play View Post
i am having issues getting my hands on a front wheel spindle.is there a similar spindle (same measurements) from any of the cr-crf models?
or would anyone have xr650r front wheel spindle for sale?hopefully there might be a few left over from usd conversions.i can pay through paypal etc.i live in belfast n.ireland but i assume shipping should be reasonable as its a small item and easy packed.
thanks in advance for any help.

Doubt the link will work, but a brand new one is $42.80 AND in stock.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/2

It's a beautiful thing we can still get new parts as easily as we can.
__________________
Tour of Idaho T1 Challenge - https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...551f1642711d75
Eat. Sleep. Ride - The Great Divide: http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...4#post19193704
Go, Get Lost - Heading South: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735690
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #16848
tennessee thumper
now in Mt. View, AR
 
tennessee thumper's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 637
Fork Oil Change

Thanks to the post here (see below) me and my partner did a fork oil change without issue. I have an R my buddy an L. Nearly identical procedure.
Way to go ADV!
(http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73718&highlight=fork)

In progress



Testing Results


tennessee thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #16849
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,492
That place is pretty cool, never ridden there, but stopped by the shop in the staging area for parts on the way to an SM race. Where did you get the turn down insert in your muffler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
A nice day at Carnegie SVRA...


__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #16850
Burnszilla
BurnsMoto.com
 
Burnszilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redwood City, California
Oddometer: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
That place is pretty cool, never ridden there, but stopped by the shop in the staging area for parts on the way to an SM race. Where did you get the turn down insert in your muffler?
My local Midas shop gave me the turndown for free. It was longer. I took it to a welder and had it cut and added on.
Burnszilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #16851
Icelander-DR650
Adventurer
 
Icelander-DR650's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinroach View Post
why should u buy a xr650 and not a klr650?? ... Been doing some homework but curious to hear from experience...
Have you given any thought to a DR650SE? I had one and loved it. The bike seems to be placed between the XRR and KLR as far as capabilities. They do road better than an XRR and dirt better than a KLR. My was quite modded, I had both off road and Sumo wheels. The aftermarket is huge, as well as the DR650 thread here on ADV.

Just a thought....
__________________
Now Pillaging Villages on a XR650R
Icelander-DR650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #16852
FlyGuy
MachineHead
 
FlyGuy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Middle of Highway 1 California
Oddometer: 147
Global Warming

I added a spal fan to My xr650r it already is a DC system (required)
It is a simple setup and not to pricy, It works automatically no manual switch in the circuit
the fan switch is from summit it can handle better than 10 amps more than enough for the 4" spal
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-16731/overview/

I priced shopped and best I could find was Ultra rev
http://www.ultrarev.com/30103018-spal.html

I removed the right radiator and welded on .090 soft aluminum angles



Drilled and added clip-nuts


Install fan and add Hi heat tape to act as a shroud
(may need to improve this with a larger shroud later?)


Drill and tap thermostat housing 1/8 pipe
one terminal goes to ground (not like you see in picture go to the frame or engine) the other wire goes to the negative fan wire


then supply ignition power to the positive fan wire
No relay needed
Now I just hope it warms up enough to try it out.
FlyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #16853
KonaTheHusky
Adventurer
 
KonaTheHusky's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Somewhere on the West Coast
Oddometer: 74
XR650R Service Manual PDF?

Hey BRP riders,

I'm trying to avoid hauling my hard-copy service manual on a long upcoming ride. Anyone have the PDF version they'd be willing to share? I can load that into my Kindle pretty easily.

Thanks!
KonaTheHusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #16854
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt. Egregious's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy View Post
I added a spal fan to My xr650r it already is a DC system (required)
It is a simple setup and not to pricy, It works automatically no manual switch in the circuit
the fan switch is from summit it can handle better than 10 amps more than enough for the 4" spal
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-16731/overview/

I priced shopped and best I could find was Ultra rev
http://www.ultrarev.com/30103018-spal.html

I removed the right radiator and welded on .090 soft aluminum angles



Drilled and added clip-nuts


Install fan and add Hi heat tape to act as a shroud
(may need to improve this with a larger shroud later?)


Drill and tap thermostat housing 1/8 pipe
one terminal goes to ground (not like you see in picture go to the frame or engine) the other wire goes to the negative fan wire


then supply ignition power to the positive fan wire
No relay needed
Now I just hope it warms up enough to try it out.
Are you trying to pull a ground off your T-stat housing? If you are you may think about grounding the housing.
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #16855
hontri
Global Bummer!
 
hontri's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Summerland B.C.
Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy View Post
I added a spal fan to My xr650r it already is a DC system (required)
It is a simple setup and not to pricy, It works automatically no manual switch in the circuit
the fan switch is from summit it can handle better than 10 amps more than enough for the 4" spal
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-16731/overview/

I priced shopped and best I could find was Ultra rev
http://www.ultrarev.com/30103018-spal.html

I removed the right radiator and welded on .090 soft aluminum angles



Drilled and added clip-nuts


Install fan and add Hi heat tape to act as a shroud
(may need to improve this with a larger shroud later?)


Drill and tap thermostat housing 1/8 pipe
one terminal goes to ground (not like you see in picture go to the frame or engine) the other wire goes to the negative fan wire


then supply ignition power to the positive fan wire
No relay needed
Now I just hope it warms up enough to try it out.
You might want to check your fan to fuel tank clearance. My 4" Spal fan sat right on the rad (no need for a shroud) and it just barely cleared the fuel tank.
hontri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #16856
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: So.Cal
Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
Are you trying to pull a ground off your T-stat housing? If you are you may think about grounding the housing.
First thing I was thinking
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #16857
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer
 
One Fat Roach's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: New Mexico
Oddometer: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander-DR650 View Post
Have you given any thought to a DR650SE? I had one and loved it. The bike seems to be placed between the XRR and KLR as far as capabilities. They do road better than an XRR and dirt better than a KLR. My was quite modded, I had both off road and Sumo wheels. The aftermarket is huge, as well as the DR650 thread here on ADV.

Just a thought....
not too much thought. Just those two mainly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
This is an adventure, not a field trip!!
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #16858
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt. Egregious's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
Oddometer: 343
Haha. I didn't read your post about the fan install, just looked at the pictures. You even said you changed the wiring. Clearance with my 7 gal. IMS tank is tight with the fan mounted close to the radiator(fan mounted under the tabs, not on top). Still pretty tight with the stock tank.
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #16859
FlyGuy
MachineHead
 
FlyGuy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Middle of Highway 1 California
Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
Are you trying to pull a ground off your T-stat housing? If you are you may think about grounding the housing.
Ahh your a picture looker too. got to read the text where i stated where to ground it. Was a laughable moment when I first tried to test it and figured out what was going on. (had taken picture earlier)
Good observation
FlyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #16860
FlyGuy
MachineHead
 
FlyGuy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Middle of Highway 1 California
Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by hontri View Post
You might want to check your fan to fuel tank clearance. My 4" Spal fan sat right on the rad (no need for a shroud) and it just barely cleared the fuel tank.
Thanks I took a double take (look)
I have a small IMS 3.2 And got good clearance, but it is tight. might impede flow a bit?
Sounds like you have a non shrouded set up that works fine?
Good to know.
I have had thermostats stick open after getting up in the 230f temps
this ought to prevent that?
FlyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014