Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #1906
zaptoad
just a guy

Oddometer: 296
Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH
There you go!
Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, [FONT='Lucida Sans','sans-serif']thanks[/FONT], thanks[FONT='Arial Narrow','sans-serif'], thanks[/FONT], [FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']thanks[/FONT], thanks, thanks, [FONT='Perpetua Titling MT','serif']thanks[/FONT], thanks,[FONT='Wide Latin','serif'] thanks[/FONT], [FONT='Georgia','serif']thanks[/FONT], [FONT='Wide Latin','serif']thanks[/FONT]!!!!!!!!!!!
zaptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #1907
zaptoad
just a guy

Oddometer: 296
test equipment options

Quote:
Originally Posted by af300e
This is the second brand new plug that it's done it on. Have tried opening and closing the gap which has a very small effect on the issue.

I'm about ready to replace the stator/pulse coil.
Sometimes a good bike shop can test this stuff, any options in your area? Wait a minute; did I say good or rare........probably meant rare! Good is hard to come by in our area, they just don't seem to care any more. If you're not buying a new bike, they have no interest.

I once had a coil that would run about 100 miles, then start missing and quit. If you let it sit for a while, it would cool off & start working again. Other than this odd little quirk, it was actually very reliable.....really!
zaptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #1908
Ridin Dirty
What day is it?

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman13
Have any of you replaced your seat cover and foam? I bought thicker foam (because my ass is killing me if I do more than 150 miles) and a new cover, but I'm not sure what kind of staples or staple gun I should use to attach the new cover. Any suggestions?
I failed misserably with both electric and manual staple guns. Couldn't penetrate in far enough to finish the it off with a hammer. I went to Harbor Freight and bought an air stappler with 1/2" crown. I think they were 3/8" in length. Did the trick. I had the tools but I sucked in my first attempt at recovering seats. I lost the instructions from Guts and ended up with a couple wrinkles. I'll probably pull it appart over the winter and give it another attempt.
Ridin Dirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #1909
lstzephyr
Solo con rambo

Oddometer: 1,777
The trick when stapling is to really push down on the end the staple comes out. By really push down I mean if you aren't feeling arm pump by the end of your seat you should push harder. Thats a slight exaggeration but when I used to work in upholstery I honestly built muscle stretching, stapling, and pulling. So really push down on that stapler and don't be surprised if you have to pull a couple out before you get the trick down.

Same thing with streching it. Pull hard, really hard. Oh, glue and patience are your friends. Just look at the creases and keep messing with it until you get it smooth.
lstzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:34 AM   #1910
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
a trick Ive used before is to put the new seat cover in the dryer and let it get got and warm and stretches very easily
Old 11-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #1911
river251
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptoad
I have always struggled to post pics on this forum. I trimed it down to 82kb, still won't upload. I have posted on many other forums with no problems, but am beginning to think I don't have the proper privileges here.........very frustrating for sure!!

SOoooooo let's try this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/davencyndy/BigRedPig#

Nice bike! Did you use just their foam, or is it combined with yours? What cover, stock?

And, what luggage rack is that?

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #1912
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,254
I'm the proud owner of a new to me 05 BRP. Has a Clark tank, uncorked, little suspension work, and various other mods. This thing is a blast to ride. Best of all, it's plated.

I need a rear tire, expect to do a fair amount of road riding as well as trails, what do you guys suggest? I've ben looking at everything from a Michelin ac10 to a pirelli trials to a heidenau k60. Too many choices.

BTW, I'm having trouble with the turn signal flasher with the led lights, they come on but won't flash. What kind do I need with no battery?

Couple pics of her.

JTucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #1913
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTucker

BTW, I'm having trouble with the turn signal flasher with the led lights, they come on but won't flash. What kind do I need with no battery?

Replace the flasher with an electronic flasher, the smaller load presented by the LED signals isn't enough to trigger a standard flasher. They are readily available at the auto parts stores.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #1914
Rebelspawn
Wanna Touch It?

Oddometer: 279
Regarding your LED blinker issue:
I installed some nice little led turn signals on my CBR954RR and damn if I didn't have the same problem. Messing around online to find the problem I came across a resistor idea. I ended up buying a pack of resistors from radio shack for mere pennies. Wired them into the positive side of the light and done. I first had the lights on attached the leades and made sure I knew which way the resistor had to be installed on the positive wire, soldered them together (could half ass this with tape or crimps), protected them from other wires (resistors get warm, sometimes hot) and never had an issue ever after that regarding the lights.
Think they were 550/560 ohms and used radio shack number 271-111.

Good luck!

Reb

I couldn't find in my little town a electronic flasher for mine so had to go resistor route :)

P.S. Bike looks badass!!

Pic of similar resistors if you havent messed with them:

Rebelspawn screwed with this post 11-08-2009 at 06:33 PM
Rebelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #1915
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,254
I bought an electronic flasher today but apparently it's not the right kind because it doesn't work. I had a couple of resistors but I couldn't get anything out of them either, but I was trying them right after the flasher before I wired them in. The ones I had were 250 ohms I think, they came with a set of led turn signals I bought for the Buell. Maybe that's a problem, I hate electrical.
JTucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:39 AM   #1916
Not for Highway Use
Wannabe hasbeen

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTucker
I'm the proud owner of a new to me 05 BRP. Has a Clark tank, uncorked, little suspension work, and various other mods. This thing is a blast to ride. Best of all, it's plated.

I need a rear tire, expect to do a fair amount of road riding as well as trails, what do you guys suggest? I've ben looking at everything from a Michelin ac10 to a pirelli trials to a heidenau k60. Too many choices.

Couple pics of her.

Nice bike. Nothing like a "stealth pig".

Legend in my own Control Panel
Not for Highway Use is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 AM   #1917
raymonddd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
hey guys i just mounted up some new rubbers on my brp.
i went with a shinko 244 and a dunlop d606, check em out!

raymonddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #1918
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymonddd
hey guys i just mounted up some new rubbers on my brp.
i went with a shinko 244 and a dunlop d606, check em out!

20tires/IMG_3959.jpg[/IMG]
I like your pig. The color scheme is really nice. Care to post a few more, maybe in its element, photos?
header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #1919
transalpian
Over, Across, and Through

Oddometer: 304
Exhaust update

The core has been wrapped, the pop rivet gun has been replaced, the holes have been (sort of) lined up, the can is re-assembled, and....

Its still pretty damn loud.

The packing dropped some of the higher frequencies, but not much volume. My wife says she can tell a difference, so I guess it was a sucessful project!

'alp

On second thought, maybe I'm interested....
transalpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #1920
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymonddd
What size is that?

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote