Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #2041
Flyin Phil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
'Freak, nice vid, nice ride, nice music. Gotta love the classical gas.

That's what the weather's like, NOW?!? So if I take my xrr to NM, can I put my tent on your lawn for a few weeks?

I should take a look at the 'advrider tent space' thread and put together an 'escape the winter migratory tour' around the warmer spots...follow the birds.
Flyin Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #2042
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Phil
'Freak, nice vid, nice ride, nice music. Gotta love the classical gas.

That's what the weather's like, NOW?!? So if I take my xrr to NM, can I put my tent on your lawn for a few weeks?

I should take a look at the 'advrider tent space' thread and put together an 'escape the winter migratory tour' around the warmer spots...follow the birds.
Thanks guys,

The riding around here actually sucks, I made that film using computer graphics. We've got 4' of snow on the ground with freezing rain. What ever you do don't come to NM to go riding

FP, actually the weather was perfect, high 50s, comfortable temps with all the gear on. Don't know how much longer it will last tho.
RideFreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #2043
Flyin Phil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak
Thanks guys,

The riding around here actually sucks, I made that film using computer graphics. We've got 4' of snow on the ground with freezing rain.
Nice work. You must be handier with video editing than I am. In that case, I'm just going to head out and ride in the rain until I get stuck in the snow in the local hills. Thanks for saving me a trip south!
Flyin Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #2044
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Phil
Nice work. You must be handier with video editing than I am. In that case, I'm just going to head out and ride in the rain until I get stuck in the snow in the local hills. Thanks for saving me a trip south!
Just kidding

Phil, I feel for you as I came from the east. If you can get down this way I'll show ya some real nice riding (got to take care of the northern brethren). We got it in all flavors from mountain singletrack to WFO desert.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #2045
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
Ridefreak why did you have to post that??
Old 11-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #2046
pavemike
I fall down alot

Oddometer: 302
Nice video Chris. I wanted to go riding with you guys out there, but I busted up my ankle pretty good riding the DRZ a couple weekends ago at southern . Now the BRP is just sitting in the garage looking all dejected and dusty.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #2047
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Mike, that sucks. Let me know when you're ready to ride we head over the Mesa. There's some huge sandy hills that are perfect for the XRR.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:54 AM   #2048
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
Im thinking we all need to pack up and head down to freaks house
Old 11-25-2009, 06:01 AM   #2049
34for40dave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
For two days now, I have been trying to figure out how to get my XRR in Atlanta and my buddies bikes in Indy and St. Louis to New Mexico for a ride with RideFreak.

Let's see... how many days off to tow the bikes out? Where can I find a 20 year old kid with nothing to do to pick up the bikes and tow them out for us...

You know, the basic thinking process you go through as you sit in your cube or office.

Then, I arrive home. My 21year daughter is in town from college for the holiday and there sitting in my kitchen is a male friend of hers from high school. The bells start ringing! Now here's a good, honest, 21 year old with nothing but time on his hands.

RideFreak, beware! I am scheming here in the ATL.

Dave

Trans-Americas World Record Holder - 27:7:52

www.34for40.org

2005 XR650R
1976 FLH

34for40dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #2050
river251
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34for40dave
For two days now, I have been trying to figure out how to get my XRR in Atlanta and my buddies bikes in Indy and St. Louis to New Mexico for a ride with RideFreak.

Let's see... how many days off to tow the bikes out? Where can I find a 20 year old kid with nothing to do to pick up the bikes and tow them out for us...

You know, the basic thinking process you go through as you sit in your cube or office.

Then, I arrive home. My 21year daughter is in town from college for the holiday and there sitting in my kitchen is a male friend of hers from high school. The bells start ringing! Now here's a good, honest, 21 year old with nothing but time on his hands.

RideFreak, beware! I am scheming here in the ATL.

Dave

Hey if I get mine dual sported in time, I can pop up to Albuquerque and join you guys, I have to go up all the time anyway.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #2051
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

It's supposed to snow Sunday The place in the video isn't that high up (6500'~7000') so it still might be ok to ride. Hate to be back there when it got muddy though, trails here tend to get real slick when wet.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #2052
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by river251
I don't understand. The clutch is an important, valuable tool. I'd hate to lose it. ?????????

Also, why a trials tire? For what?
You don't lose the clutch, you just don't have to manually operate it anymore. On a powerful bike like the XRR, there is really no need to ever have to manually release the clutch. I can wheelie in 3rd easily and lift the front wheel for a log with just a twist of the wrist. The Rekluse always slips just enough to get into the powerband in whatever gear you are in. And if not abused, it will put less wear on the plates than with the stock set up. I have the original plates in my 2003 CRF450 that has had the Rekluse for 6 1/2 years.

Also, if you get rid of the clutch lever, you can mount the rear brake lever on the left bar. Now that is a valuable tool!!

The trials tire is the best in the slimy, root infested woods we ride in. I didn't believe it till I tried it either. Knobbies don't even compare.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #2053
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,031
Todays ride!

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #2054
spoolie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
MSH very nice choice in music! Ryan Adams and The Cardinals
spoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:51 AM   #2055
Not for Highway Use
Wannabe hasbeen

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by header
I didnt know anyone made an axle wrench that fits the pig? That would save damn near a couple pounds in my tool kit.
Yep, these guys do. It's a combination 27/17mm wrench.

Legend in my own Control Panel
Not for Highway Use is offline   Reply With Quote