Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #241
Sycamore
d00b

Oddometer: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike
OK, hopefully someone can help out a brother in need. I am trying to install an Acerbis tank onto my '01 BRP. Got to the step of adding the brackets onto the engine mounting bolts. Here is where I ran into the problem. The bolt is locked up tighter than a clam's ass. I tried everything I could to break them loose (including removing the coolant hose leading to the water pump to get more room), and now I'm starting to stip the 12mm bolt heads . I had to stop for the night before I got angry and unleashed my massive retard strength and totally fucked these bolt heads up. Anyone ran into the same problem with these bolts? Thanks for any help you can provide.
I had the same problem but maybe not so bad. I just took a hammer to the bolt (with minor retard strength), it finally loosened.
Sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #242
pavemike
I fall down alot

Oddometer: 302
Thanks for the tips guys. I decided to try a technique I've used for years before I tried burning the thing out. I woke up at the crack of 8am, went down to the garage opened a beer, drank it really fast, opened a second beer, drank that one faster, then turned on some hate music. It was time for "mongoloid madness" to begin. I smacked myself in the nuts with a socket wrench on the way to the bike (accident ), but that just enraged me more. Sat down next to the bike and had a heart to heart talk (told that fat c#unt who was boss). After sweating, cussing and grunting for 5 min using up all that magical retard strength, she broke free . The rest of the tank went on pretty easy (except for the left bracket that was measured/welded by some crackhead from lighthouse for the blind). Got her back together, fixed a minor fuel leak, filled and burped the coolant, checked for more leaks and gave her a good bath. All in all it took me 7 hours to put the tank on over 2 days. This damn tank better be worth it or I just might light that fricken bike on fire.

pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #243
DOSCERVASAS
neck

Oddometer: 220
Massive Retard Strength

Quote:
Thanks for the tips guys. I decided to try a technique I've used for years before I tried burning the thing out. I woke up at the crack of 8am, went down to the garage opened a beer, drank it really fast, opened a second beer, drank that one faster, then turned on some hate music. It was time for "mongoloid madness" to begin. I smacked myself in the nuts with a socket wrench on the way to the bike (accident ), but that just enraged me more. Sat down next to the bike and had a heart to heart talk (told that fat c#unt who was boss). After sweating, cussing and grunting for 5 min using up all that magical retard strength, she broke free . The rest of the tank went on pretty easy (except for the left bracket that was measured/welded by some crackhead from lighthouse for the blind). Got her back together, fixed a minor fuel leak, filled and burped the coolant, checked for more leaks and gave her a good bath. All in all it took me 7 hours to put the tank on over 2 days. This damn tank better be worth it or I just might light that fricken bike on fire.

The one thing you will not like, is how the inside of your knees feel after a long day of riding. And if you squeeze the tank, like I do, they may even be black and blue, but other than that you'll love it.

What Kind of BEER?

"Another Day, Another poor soul left in my Dust"

DT-100
XR-650R
VTX-1800
DOSCERVASAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #244
jbrownmxr
Gas Passer

Oddometer: 340
I'm not retarded but....

I laughed at this because I too have amazing retard strength and I too had a feck of a time getting this tank on. The petcocks (kinda funny name don't you think) leaked too. I like it though once it quit leaking. Now all my buddies go real fast through the single track cause their bikes are lighter, then run out of gas and wait for he Exxon Valdez to arrive.

JB
jbrownmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #245
pavemike
I fall down alot

Oddometer: 302
I can see the black and blue knee jokes now from my riding buddies. Atleast its better than having to steal gas from a DRZ400 40 miles away from town when you run the pig out of gas

As for the beer, I find Coors Light to be the perfect breakfast beer. All the vitamins and minerals to get your day started on the right foot.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #246
brad21
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,556
Welcome to the super pig club!

Start learning to stand more if you're much over 6 foot. That biotch'll spread your legs like Ron Jeremy.

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
brad21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #247
DOSCERVASAS
neck

Oddometer: 220
Pissed Oh No, not from a DRZ

Quote:
I can see the black and blue knee jokes now from my riding buddies. Atleast its better than having to steal gas from a DRZ400 40 miles away from town when you run the pig out of gas

As for the beer, I find Coors Light to be the perfect breakfast beer. All the vitamins and minerals to get your day started on the right foot.

That is tuff taking gas from a DRZ

Yea, your right, shinner would be a bit much in the morning, and rum is not the breakfast of mechanics.

And by the way, my petcocks leaked as well.

"Another Day, Another poor soul left in my Dust"

DT-100
XR-650R
VTX-1800
DOSCERVASAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #248
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,475
Quote:

7hrs???

Well,the sahara tank is one hell to get it up...that's the reason why once it's up,it stays that way...only when i need to get the spark plug replace...which has been more than 6mths in it...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #249
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
I looked at a larger tank... Maybe next year. I want to ride for a while first.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #250
ADVJake
***** dweller

Oddometer: 4,338
Why do it properly when you can just slap it on with one bolt and two cable ties

The left side tank bolt is an absolute bitch to get in, i just dont bother. the right side is easy.

Engine bolt braces are a bitch too, bugger that. So i use thick cable ties to lower tank mounts to my radiator guards.

Tank feels just as solid as if it was all done properly...
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #251
Gravity's Dog
Amanda's brother

Oddometer: 29,137
Quote:
I like the way you talk.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #252
brad21
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,556
Ummmmmhmmmmm, french fried pertaters ummmhmmm.

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
brad21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #253
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVJake
Why do it properly when you can just slap it on with one bolt and two cable ties

The left side tank bolt is an absolute bitch to get in, i just dont bother. the right side is easy.

Engine bolt braces are a bitch too, bugger that. So i use thick cable ties to lower tank mounts to my radiator guards.

Tank feels just as solid as if it was all done properly...
Works great until you go down hard once...carry some extra ties. Also ties get weak fast so carry extra.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #254
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,334
I don't get it: my Acerbis tank is really easy to get on/off. I just have to space-out the mounts at the radiator shrouds with a few washers so it doesn't rub on my Unabiker radiator guards. I guess I've never tried fitting it with the braces that they provide...
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #255
floatingk
A Schweady Family Secret

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
I found that IPA starts and ends your day in about an hour. I only do that when I really need to get something done
floatingk is offline   Reply With Quote