Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #7531
kt1fab
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
State patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
In Colorado you want it to state "for off road use only", and you write it on bills of sale for dirtbikes you're going to dualsport. That shows that it's a previously untitled bike, so there's no need to do a title search for any previous titles.

The MSO (mfr's statement of origin) is not required in CO, a bill of sale works.

I'm taking this down to the Colorado State Patrol tomorrow for it's certified VIN verification, compliance inspection, and off to DMV for plates after I call my insurance agent.

I bought this from Michelangelo in early December. Replaced a pranged radiator, shagged chain and sprockets...had local suspension guru Neil Hores revalve and respring both ends.
Bought a PMB rack from an inmate, put on new ProTapers with Cycra CRM handguards....

Added a 250w Baja Designs rewind & one of their d/s kits.

An Eastern Beaver "3 Circuit Solution" (simple fuseblock) has it's 40a relay triggered by the 5w running light in the headlight shell. Turn the d/s kit on, that running light comes on and the fuseblock has power.
Right now that's just GPS, Vapor lighting, and a pair of Symtec grip heaters.
An Osram 80w-85 H4 bulb is in the mail...

Looking at going for my inspection in CAstle Rock is there anything that I need to know that caught you buy surprise.....
kt1fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #7532
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt1fab View Post
Looking at going for my inspection in CAstle Rock is there anything that I need to know that caught you buy surprise.....
The big surprise was that they didn't need me to unload the bike from the hitch carrier and start it, or even turn on the d/s kit to show anything worked.

The trooper did a quick visual inspection and that, as they say....was that.

I did call ahead and make an appointment, got there about 20 minutes early and they were able to get me done in short order.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #7533
kt1fab
Adventurer

thanks

Did you go to Castle Rock or one by Parker. The guy in Castle Rock has been out for a while heart-attach might need to loook at going to another state patrol office.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:51 AM   #7534
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Oddometer: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW View Post
I'm quite happy with my Warp 9.

A lot of the complaints, came from people who threw them on and did not follow the instructions to check and tighten the spokes, etc for the first few rides.
Ok, that's good to know. I had read multiple reviews on either Chaparral's or Rocky Mountain's web site and it seemed there were mixed feelings. Some guys loved the Warp 9's and others felt the hubs were inferior and that the spokes would need no attention. Since most of my riding is street use, it sounds like the 9 may work well for me.

-Joe

Trust and Respect take years to earn, but can be lost in a moment.

Life's too short to hold a grudge. -Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #7535
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Did you go to Castle Rock or one by Parker. The guy in Castle Rock has been out for a while heart-attach might need to loook at going to another state patrol office.
Castle Rock. That's the Douglas County place to go....though I think a sheriff would work too on the VIN verification, just not sure about the conversion compliance. Didn't see that part mentioned. Give 'em a call.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #7536
kt1fab
Adventurer

Brake Light switch Part3

Does anyone have a part number for napa or carquest for a brakelight switch mechanical or banjo hydraulic.I have searched and searched. Final step to getting the project done for street legal. Trying not to order online ( I want it now) haha......
Old 02-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #7537
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,334
here you go
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #7538
kt1fab
Adventurer

brake light switch

Any auto parts that might carry it local.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #7539
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Does anyone have a part number for napa or carquest for a brakelight switch mechanical or banjo hydraulic.I have searched and searched. Final step to getting the project done for street legal. Trying not to order online ( I want it now) haha......
Fay Myers stocks them and so does Performance, and many other shops I reckon. Those two for sure.
In both thread pitches.

They're under $20.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #7540
cdogg44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
I'm looking for advice from the XR650R owners of the big IMS 7 gallon tank (NOT THE ACERBIS).

I am finding it very frustrating to install the tank with the spider web of hoses that end up wrapping underneath the frame and carburetor. Especially when the tank has gas in it, how do you remove it without gas pouring out everywhere?

The tank came on a bike I bought and I like it for what it is, but having to remove it to do maintenance or carb tuning is an absolute nightmare.

I'm looking for solutions or tips from fellow owners out there.

Thanks
cdogg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #7541
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,051
Quick Disconnects

Start here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60774

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #7542
5hortbus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
With the price of gas nowadays...

I also have the IMS 7.0+ gal tank. I just pulled it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.
A good search of ADV will provide a ton of arguments for and against the Quick-Disconnect route.

But, you're right, there doesn't seem to be any way to effectively drain all the tubes and prevent the leakage of fuel from SOMEWHERE when you pull this tank. (It hides in the cross tube, in the pump, everywhere)

I just settled for a nice little flammable puddle on the driveway. I am looking into the QDs. But, now I have to figure out how many sets of 2 I need.

Until I learn how to ride in the woods a bit better, I'm parking the Mega Tank in the garage, and using the more reasonable 4.3 gal I picked up in the flea market.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #7543
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,046
Finally got around to snapping a pic of my battery and it's location.

Previous owner mounted it this way. I had to buy a new battery, but kept the same location. Actually held in place with heavy duty velcro type materials. Never moves, pretty hard to pull off actually.

It's the white box with a blue top under the horn.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #7544
RdrMtn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
throttle assembly question - Edlebrock vs. Stock

The previous owner of my 650R installed the Edelbrock carb. After 6 years, I'm switching back to the stock carb that was included with the sale (it's broken - that's another story).

My question is this:

The current throttle housing on the handlebars is the Motion Pro style, not stock. Do I need to get a stock throttle assembly in order to run the stock carb? I remember reading something about needing to switch to a Motion Pro throttle when you go with the Edelbrock, but I don't know the reason why. Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
RdrMtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #7545
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,198
The XRR and a nice dirt road on a sunny day , time to boogie

then last 5 mins is where she really turns on the grunt
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote