ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #7801
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...
 
Garthe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 4,364
^^^^^

Call me crazy...I think you've answered your own question...


















As a side note...you could always part out the #1 bike and keep the engine...just in case hell freezes over...
__________________
2007 XR650R
2001 Montessa 315R
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #7802
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
Call me crazy...I think you've answered your own question...

i thought the same thing when i read this.
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #7803
Not for Highway Use
Wannabe hasbeen
 
Not for Highway Use's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Canowindra, NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 998
So...............when do the rest roll off the production line?? (hint, hint)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hontri View Post
I could not find a subframe support and rack i liked so i made my own.
Put it on last nite.I drilled out the ends of the existing aluminum rails and tapped to 8mm.(stronger). I think it should be quite strong.What do you think?

Subframe support.


Rack


Subframe Powder coated


Rack Powder coated


Installed


__________________
DL650, DRZ400,CRF250X, PW80

Legend in my own Control Panel
Not for Highway Use is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #7804
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer
 
BikePilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Tampa
Oddometer: 11,251
cdawg, the engines last almost forever and if it ever does blow up then you've just got a good excuse to build it up really nice. I'd sell the extra bike outright and keep the farkled one
__________________
'09 Buell XB12XT, TL1000S, H1F, M620, CR250R, KX100, XR650R, Cota 315R

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #7805
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt. Egregious's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
Oddometer: 368
Here's afew pictures of the stock t-stat and the Napa replacement(not a very good fit, top part too tall). The EHPS cooling fan off a Mini Cooper fit very well. Pulls 1.3 amps. Sorry for the picture sizing. Camera phone picture resizing on photobucket is limited. Either tiny or huge.



Capt. Egregious screwed with this post 03-19-2011 at 10:22 PM
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #7806
kt1fab
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch Colorado
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650Rking View Post
I am 80% sure that the seats are the same?
I could of swore that I read some where that the seat cut was different. I might just brake down and buy another needle and seat just for the shi!s and giggles
kt1fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #7807
kt1fab
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch Colorado
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
Here's afew pictures of the stock t-stat and the Napa replacement(not a very good fit, top part too tall). The EHPS cooling fan off a Mini Cooper fit very well. Pulls 1.3 amps. Sorry for the picture sizing. Camera phone picture resizing on photobucket is limited. Either tiny or huge.


Do you have a part number for the fan . I wonder if they have it at NAPA
kt1fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:06 AM   #7808
Luke wl.
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Boulder, Co
Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNC995 View Post
Congrats man. Yea, Jake has talked me into getting an XRR

How do you know Jake? (military?)
__________________
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548839

Ride report.

2005 XR650R
1968 Triumph Bobber
2008 Husqvarna cr125
Luke wl. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #7809
pman13
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pman13's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lake Orion, MI
Oddometer: 150
Clutch

Now that it is warming up I decided to open up my clutch and see why the lever pull was getting worse and worse. Since it she's a 2000, I bought a newer clutch bushing and hoped that what was wrong. While the clutch bushing was the old style it slid without problems (although I replaced it while it was torn apart). The hard pull seems to be caused by a lot of chatter marks on the inner and outer clutch baskets. Hinson makes a replacement for the outer, but I can't find a non-stock inner. Any recommendations before I blow $350?

If I get a Hinson outer, how do I transfer the gear to it? Is it pressed on or riveted?

Thanks.
__________________
Jason
2000 Honda XR650R
1986 Honda XR200R
2000 YZ 125 and 2007 KTM 990 Adventurer S
Member of: GLDS, NOMADS, AMA
pman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #7810
larryboy
Chopper Rider
 
larryboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: On a set of 50,000 mile tires.
Oddometer: 14,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman13 View Post
Now that it is warming up I decided to open up my clutch and see why the lever pull was getting worse and worse. Since it she's a 2000, I bought a newer clutch bushing and hoped that what was wrong. While the clutch bushing was the old style it slid without problems (although I replaced it while it was torn apart). The hard pull seems to be caused by a lot of chatter marks on the inner and outer clutch baskets. Hinson makes a replacement for the outer, but I can't find a non-stock inner. Any recommendations before I blow $350?

If I get a Hinson outer, how do I transfer the gear to it? Is it pressed on or riveted?

Thanks.

You drill out the rivets and Hinson gives you a new plate with their tapered screws. Worth the $$.


__________________
Be sure the safest rule is that we should not dare to live in any scene in which we dare not die. ~Lewis Carroll~
larryboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #7811
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt. Egregious's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt1fab View Post
Do you have a part number for the fan . I wonder if they have it at NAPA
The stock replacement is pretty spendy, My cost was $110. The customer didn't care that I could fix his O.E. fan, he just wanted the new one installed so I saved his old fan, fixed it and it fit on to my XRR .

My BRP is almost ready for the desert 100. Changed the fork oil today, rusty, nasty oil(very low). The forks are smoother and have abit more damping now. Just gotta swap over the dirt rims and counter sprocket.

Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #7812
pman13
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pman13's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lake Orion, MI
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
You drill out the rivets and Hinson gives you a new plate with their tapered screws. Worth the $$.


Thanks for the heads up Larryboy.
__________________
Jason
2000 Honda XR650R
1986 Honda XR200R
2000 YZ 125 and 2007 KTM 990 Adventurer S
Member of: GLDS, NOMADS, AMA
pman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #7813
hontri
Global Bummer!
 
hontri's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Summerland B.C.
Oddometer: 301
Fan and Fan switch install

Made a bracket for the fan today and installed on bike. Also installed fan switch to automatically turn on fan when temperature reaches 190 F.
If you are interested in fan they are available here http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=atv+spal+fan&_sacat=0&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=crf450+fork+springs&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
Here are some pics.I did not install fan in traditional position because Clarke 4.3 tank was in the way.

Fan on rad

Fan switch drilled and tapped into thermostat housing

Fan and fan switch on bike
hontri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #7814
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite
 
jesusgatos's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: on the road
Oddometer: 2,384
Nice mounting brackets!
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #7815
EduardoMas
Spartan Overlander
 
EduardoMas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Of No Fixed Address
Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by hontri View Post
Made a bracket for the fan today and installed on bike. Also installed fan switch to automatically turn on fan when temperature reaches 190 F.
If you are interested in fan they are available here http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=atv+spal+fan&_sacat=0&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=crf450+fork+springs&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
Here are some pics.I did not install fan in traditional position because Clarke 4.3 tank was in the way.
]
Very well done, thanks for the info and the pics.
__________________
Eduardo
XR650R
KTM300


Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
EduardoMas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015