ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #8356
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...
 
Garthe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 4,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post

sheesh can you imagine how many squids would ride the pig's if there was a fag button , i think its the best thing not to have , keeps the gimbles off the real bikes and on those stupid dr's

I just LOVE the way you Australians swear / talk...is their a dictionary that I can buy so I can learn how to talk Australian ?

The fag button is my favorite .

What the hell is a gimbles ?
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #8357
Sean-0
Closed
 
Sean-0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Oztraya Mate
Oddometer: 4,131
gimble , a person who talks the talk but cant walk the walk
hey did ya get those pics??

Fag Button , elect start with a red button for faggots to push , if ya cant kick it, ya cant ride it

Squid ,goes with out saying

but tru tho , i recon if you got it running right it will start every time , dont stall it on a hill and dont drop it , both of which i do all the time , but makes me learn my lessons

ppl point and larf , but there smile soon changes when there behind the xrr
Sean-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #8358
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird
 
Trl Rdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE - The Tax me state
Oddometer: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogg44 View Post
The Edelbrock is cool too. We layed my buddies XR over on its side while it was running, stood back and watched, then picked it back up and he rode it away. We just wanted to see if it would keep running!
I dropped mine on ICE patch this winter, Kept on ticking! Grabbed the clutch & carefully stood it up and rode away! Did not miss a beat! (Edelbrock)
__________________
2 XR650r(s) 2001 & 2002 Plated
GL18HPM9 Titanium (Gold Wing)
CRF230F for the tight shit!
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 AM   #8359
kaijb
ianb
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusgatos View Post
Hey Garthe-

What's the word on that under-seat tank? Curious to know what you think of it.
I have one and you need to support it from the rear otherwise they can split and catch fire. What happens is that fully loaded the extreme rear will flex around the mounting point.

I had to make all the fittings for this but it isn't overly hard. I also made the rack as well which is beyond the average joe but not impossible.

I used all the thread inserts on the back of the tank as mounting points.
kaijb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 AM   #8360
KASUYAHO
Road Hog
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Aussie Land
Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
gimble , a person who talks the talk but cant walk the walk
hey did ya get those pics??

Fag Button , elect start with a red button for faggots to push , if ya cant kick it, ya cant ride it

Squid ,goes with out saying

but tru tho , i recon if you got it running right it will start every time , dont stall it on a hill and dont drop it , both of which i do all the time , but makes me learn my lessons

ppl point and larf , but there smile soon changes when there behind the xrr
I like the one where the gimps say,
the BRP is old tech.

Whats old tech?
Is it that we don't have to throw a shit load of money at the pig to keep it going makes it old tech?
KASUYAHO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #8361
brad21
Farting in a Fan
 
brad21's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Oddometer: 3,556
While my buddy N2moto and I were down pre-running the B1k last year we ran into a JCR Honda box van just outside of Gonzaga Bay with TJ (JCR right-hand man) and Colton Udall, (JCR B team). Colton told N2 that he wished he was riding an XRR cuz the 450x was beating him up too much!
__________________
Use this code when opening a Smugmug account and get $5 off! HkVR4XuSGKW46

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
brad21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #8362
chip
Follow Me
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Oddometer: 1,763
Interesting.

I've raced the XRR and the 450X. The only reason, and I mean only, I switched from the xrr to the x is because I fell over on a hill and was passed twice before I could get the bike started again.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #8363
jm-2008
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jm-2008's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: South Eastern Australia
Oddometer: 476
Laugh Winter on the Gold Coast!

[QUOTE=Sean-0;15756106]Why do you ppl have soo much trouble starting on the stock carb
Its getting on to winter here , i can pull my bike out of the shed , pull up the choke leaver , get it to tdc , and bang

Winter on the Gold Coast -
From my iPhone weather -
Wednesday 23C & sunshine

Melbourne - currently 7C
jm-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #8364
Crabenho
NOOBish
 
Crabenho's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Northern Colorado
Oddometer: 602
Puke

[QUOTE=jm-2008;15766394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
Why do you ppl have soo much trouble starting on the stock carb
Its getting on to winter here , i can pull my bike out of the shed , pull up the choke leaver , get it to tdc , and bang

Winter on the Gold Coast -
From my iPhone weather -
Wednesday 23C & sunshine

Melbourne - currently 7C
Pull it out of the shed, start it, get off, kick it over on its side and wait til it dies, pick it up and try to get it to start "bang" in one kick.
__________________
My buzz ain't a sammich.
Crabenho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #8365
Crabenho
NOOBish
 
Crabenho's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Northern Colorado
Oddometer: 602
[QUOTE=Crabenho;15766465]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm-2008 View Post

Pull it out of the shed, start it, get off, kick it over on its side and wait til it dies, pick it up and try to get it to start "bang" in one kick.
Sorry, quoted the wrong dude. FOOOKin' "smart" phone.
__________________
My buzz ain't a sammich.
Crabenho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #8366
brad21
Farting in a Fan
 
brad21's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Oddometer: 3,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Interesting.

I've raced the XRR and the 450X. The only reason, and I mean only, I switched from the xrr to the x is because I fell over on a hill and was passed twice before I could get the bike started again.
Bear in mind that Mr. Udall had done COUNTLESS miles pre-running on the X and I believe wanted something a little more "couch" like...

We ran a 450x in Baja last year. Not having spent much time on one prior to the race, and then not a race-prepped one, I was quite impressed with the power and flickability. BUT, there is nothing like the piggy.
__________________
Use this code when opening a Smugmug account and get $5 off! HkVR4XuSGKW46

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
brad21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #8367
KASUYAHO
Road Hog
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Aussie Land
Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad21 View Post
While my buddy N2moto and I were down pre-running the B1k last year we ran into a JCR Honda box van just outside of Gonzaga Bay with TJ (JCR right-hand man) and Colton Udall, (JCR B team). Colton told N2 that he wished he was riding an XRR cuz the 450x was beating him up too much!
Talking to a guy who raced Baja for many years was talking to JC at a function.
JC said the same thing to him.
KASUYAHO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #8368
opcocrg
Gnarly Adventurer
 
opcocrg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Abq. N.M.
Oddometer: 146
I've been looking at picking up the TM40 carb and noticed that they usually come with new throttle cables. Are the cables "different" than the stock cables or just new?

reason for the question is that I just bought a sub mount top triple and have some RC high bend bars so I want to get the 3 inch longer cables to eliminate binding. but I can't find TM40 specific cables. The longer cables from motion pro don't say they fit a specific carb. If they're different I'll wait to mount the new triple and bars till the carb shows up. I don't want to get the longer cables for the stock carb and then have to buy a different set when the TM40 carb shows up.
opcocrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #8369
HickOnACrick
Groovinator
 
HickOnACrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Utarded in Lubbuttock
Oddometer: 2,494
Question gentlemen:

How do you know if a brake caliper is bad?

Last night, when I tried to put my front wheel back on, I couldn't get the brake pads apart using the usual method (sliding a tire iron between the pads).

Eventually I had to remove the caliper entirely, drain all the brake fluid, remove the pads, and use a C-clamp to depress the brake pistons.

After that, I replaced the caliper, put the wheel back on, bled the brakes, but now the piston won't depress again (hard to turn the front wheel).

Is it shot? Can I rebuild it?
__________________
KTM 500 XCW, BMW K1600GTL
950 SER 300 XC
Composites 101
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #8370
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...
 
Garthe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 4,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by opcocrg View Post
I've been looking at picking up the TM40 carb and noticed that they usually come with new throttle cables. Are the cables "different" than the stock cables or just new?


I just went through this, the cables are different.
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014