Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #12301
Flatline74
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
And where did this guy get the mounts on the rack for the turn signals? I have same rack and holes there but missing the I guess you would call them brackets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUIwj...z0SodURdwX16Q4
Flatline74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #12302
Gildus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline74 View Post
And where did this guy get the mounts on the rack for the turn signals? I have same rack and holes there but missing the I guess you would call them brackets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUIwj...z0SodURdwX16Q4
These will work:
http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog...roducts_id=209
Gildus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #12303
Flatline74
Adventurer

Thanks! That will be easy enough. Really do appreciate the link, gonna order tonight! One eye sore down one to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildus View Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #12304
superhobie
Soil Sampler

Oddometer: 100
Acebris Sahara Repair Help.

Looking for some advice on repairing a dime size gash in my Sahara tank. Anybody have any experience with plastic weld or other types of plastic repair?
superhobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #12305
superhobie
Soil Sampler

Acebis Sahara Repair Help.

Looking for some advice on repairing a dime size gash in my Sahara tank. Anybody have any experience with plastic weld or other types of plastic repair?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #12306
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,689
Quote:
Any recommendations on where to mount these turn signals? Really just the front, I think I am going to mount the rear to the rack. I just picked this bike up and the front signals are hideous, but with that headlight setup (which I like, its staying if I can help it) and the mammoth Accerbis tank (which is staying as well) it does'nt leave much room for the signals, been looking for pics for ideas but not seeing much that help.
I can't get pics to load on Photobucket for some reason, but I used clearance lights for trucks or trailers and mounted them in the hand guards.
jules083 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #12307
Flatline74
Adventurer

hmm, I loaded them on smugmug following the directions here. Wonder if I am the only one that can see them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules083 View Post
I can't get pics to load on Photobucket for some reason, but I used clearance lights for trucks or trailers and mounted them in the hand guards.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #12308
Agent2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Any recommendations on where to mount these turn signals? Really just the front, I think I am going to mount the rear to the rack. I just picked this bike up and the front signals are hideous, but with that headlight setup (which I like, its staying if I can help it) and the mammoth Accerbis tank (which is staying as well) it does'nt leave much room for the signals, been looking for pics for ideas but not seeing much that help.

Rocky Mountains house brand handguards with built in turn signals is another option.
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...als/HANDGUARDS
Agent2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #12309
Dualsport
Maker of Sweet Cheek

Oddometer: 777
[/QUOTE]

This works well.

Dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #12310
Flatline74
Adventurer

Very cool! Was not sure if those would be a problem here in Alabama, but I can't find anywhere on the net that says that they would be.

This works well.

[/QUOTE]
Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #12311
dohcfox
meh

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhobie View Post

You might want to contact Acerbis and figure out what kind of plastic your tank is made out of. If it is anything like what Clarke tanks are made out of (cross-linked polyethylene), it'll be extremely difficult to repair. Plastic welding does not work, as the stuff gets really brittle if you do. I tried repairing a Clarke gas cap by melting the edges of the crack back together and it broke apart almost immediately.
dohcfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #12312
Gildus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Very cool! Was not sure if those would be a problem here in Alabama, but I can't find anywhere on the net that says that they would be.

This works well.
[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine has those and they work really well. He did get pulled over though because the cop couldn't see them. No ticket, however.
Gildus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #12313
XRx
Broken Filter

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohcfox View Post
You might want to contact Acerbis and figure out what kind of plastic your tank is made out of. If it is anything like what Clarke tanks are made out of (cross-linked polyethylene), it'll be extremely difficult to repair. Plastic welding does not work, as the stuff gets really brittle if you do. I tried repairing a Clarke gas cap by melting the edges of the crack back together and it broke apart almost immediately.
With that said, another possibility for a hillbilly repair if not to big of damage area, and if at an accesible and flat portion of the tank, might be to drill a hole to make the gash round, and use a flanged screw / gasket washer / tank / washer / lockwasher / nut, to seal the hole. Obviously there are plenty of reasons for this to not work, but if it is a small enough damaged area, at a flat portion, close enough to the gas cap so you can hold the nut, then it could work, in theory. Just throwing it out there on the slim chance that it could solve the problem at hand.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #12314
superhobie
Soil Sampler

Acerbis Sahara Tank Repair

Thanks for the help, unfortunately its about 3/4 down on the rounded part of the shroud section. I was hoping that something like JB weld for plastic would possibly work but I'm still looking into it. Not a lot of info on the subject I'm finding out.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #12315
XRx
Broken Filter

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhobie View Post
Thanks for the help, unfortunately its about 3/4 down on the rounded part of the shroud section. I was hoping that something like JB weld for plastic would possibly work but I'm still looking into it. Not a lot of info on the subject I'm finding out.

Maybe you can find an epoxy that is compatible with gasoline and plastic, and fill the gash as is, or clean it up a bit first.

Try here. Lots of info on adhesives, maybe too much. But you can call them too and ask for advice. Should be able to find out about gasoline and plastic compatibility, surface preparation, and more.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...rial/Adhesives