Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #13861
Hoologan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRx View Post
Well, I find it very interesting that you ask that, as I am very much into personal freedom and limited government, which for those who haven't noticed all of this, gets me attacked by those opposed to me politically, when they can without being noticed for that.

But my view of the world, the original intent of the US declaration of independence and constitution, is that each of the original thirteen colonies and now fifty states, is that each of these fifty states is united but each still sovereign as the United States of America.

Many of my political opposition, might, in my strong opinion, think of it as the United State of America. But not me, I am a strong believer in states rights over federal control, which was the intent of the constitution. For more understanding there, I recommend a book called "The 5,000 Year Leap", by Cleon Skoussen, constitutional scholar.

But anyway, back to your question. Some states, such as New Hamphshire, just ten miles north of me, don't even require one to purchase automobile insurance, nor wear a bike helmet, nor do they prohibit using firecrackers. But here in Massachusetts, it is quite different, no fireworks, no helmetless riding, no insuranceless riding, even some towns, only professionals are allowed to pump your gas, for example, Milford, Massachusetts.

Now me personally, I'm not against a state doing the things stated above, I'm big on states' rights, which was a big part of the origin of our country, which many misunderstand. The point is that each stateis allowed to determine by the will of their people, what is right for their state.

Now unfortunately, we have a rampant movement where many think they are qualified to be everybody else's babysitter, and want to take all of the power at the federal level. A real world example, this past Saturday night, I was at my brothers around a back yard campfire get togethyer, and his stepdaughter's eighteen year old boyfriend had an opinion.

Now earlier in the evening, we were talking motorcycles, and he mentioned wanting a cbr600. I was like, oh cool. What do you do for work. Oh, I don't have a job. Later conversation, he's really into playing Pokemon. Later conversation, and this is all a true story, he mentions that he believes that it should be a federal, meaning all states, federal law to wear a helmet, when riding a motorcycle.

So there we have it. Those similar to the eighteen year olds that are good at pokemon and nothing else, join together to give power to the likeminded nanny-crook-politicians who take all the power at the federal level, away from the local people like me who are barely smart enough to do aerospace design, and can obviously not judge what safetey equipment or insurance they need, in order to drive down the street safely to their actual productive job...ultimately meaning that ignorami in my state decide what is right for people two thousand miles away, who may actually know what life is.
Well said. I'm in CA and have to deal with this attitude everyday.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #13862
Hoologan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Check out these cool new stickers I just got. They came with a free revalve and respring front and rear :)

Old 07-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #13863
jm-2008
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
'Free' stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoologan View Post
Check out these cool new stickers I just got. They came with a free revalve and respring front and rear :)

Did they pay you for advertising space?
jm-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #13864
XRx
Broken Filter

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoologan View Post
Well said. I'm in CA and have to deal with this attitude everyday.
Look on the bright side, at least in CA you can split lanes without getting in trouble.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #13865
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,036
Don't forget the insurance companies fund safety organizations to give money to the popo to buy more radar guns to catch more speeders to remove more $$ from your pocket!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #13866
ZXRaziel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Do we have any UK members here ?
ZXRaziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #13867
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Nope, only some who speak in an English, Irish, Scottish, Cumbrian, Welsh, Belfast, Wight, Man, Cockney or some other accent.
Why?

BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #13868
Hodakaguy
NorthWest Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 2,017
For those that have been waiting for a XRR Tanker BraceI have a batch finished, paint is drying on them now. If you would like a brace PM me, they will be ready to ship out on Monday morning.

Hodakaguy
And Then There Were Four - OR RR: CLICK HERE
My VW Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:11 AM   #13869
ZXRaziel
Gnarly Adventurer

UK members

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRPsa View Post
Nope, only some who speak in an English, Irish, Scottish, Cumbrian, Welsh, Belfast, Wight, Man, Cockney or some other accent.
Why?

I am Just looking for a local buddy to go for a ride with that is all .
What do you think about my accent ?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #13870
ZXRaziel
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodakaguy View Post
For those that have been waiting for a XRR Tanker BraceI have a batch finished, paint is drying on them now. If you would like a brace PM me, they will be ready to ship out on Monday morning.

Hodakaguy
I will need one , soon just need to financialy recover from buying the bike all the new gear and fecking 700 matress .
Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #13871
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,423
Quote:
Pls explain what speeding or a(ny) ticket has to do with one's insurance? I stand to learn here as I'm totally lost with this....
Those of us who manage to accumulate tickets are obviously an easy target for the insurance companies because; "we can't or won't abide by the rules" and as such, we present a risk. In their infinite wisdom, additional revenue will mitigate that risk making the stockholders happy while generating record profits. It's all about monetary punishment which is just another way to get the $$ from my pocket to theirs. Just like the fact that I have multiple licensed vehicles that I must insure individually even though I can only ride/drive one at a time.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #13872
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
ZXR,

Can't help adding your "looking for a local buddy to go for a ride with" and that "fecking 700 matress"...... hence am awfully glad I'm not local to you. And, on this, that's an accent alien to me.

Give it some time whilst browsing here, plenty of Blighty men attend here.
Geez bru, you've got an expensive taste for getting laid, 700 quid for a mattress! Suddenly the couch sounds like a very viable option - but maybe that's where you currently are until you buy it?

Yes RF,

my sentiments completely. It is the first time I hear about this, and, because the OP did not come across funny I could not have been a joke... although it sounds like one, a bad one at that. Any legal system which provides financial gains for individuals is corrupt, and cannot work as intended. Ditto Reserve Banks, way wrong.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #13873
ZXRaziel
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
ZXR,

Can't help adding your "looking for a local buddy to go for a ride with" and that "fecking 700 matress"...... hence am awfully glad I'm not local to you. And, on this, that's an accent alien to me.

Fecker , i knew someone will come out with some Gay jokes , wondering if you are one of those so called self hateing ones :ymca . HAHAHA

BTW if you look at the dunlopillo site , you will se that i have bought one of the cheapest ones , they can cost as much as a little car , but they are very good , well i love mine and my back feels so much better
Old 07-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #13874
XRx
Broken Filter

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Reserve Banks, way wrong.
Burpsa, you should see the way they keep printing more money over here, it's pretty messed up in my eyes. But I have a plan for inflation due to printing too much money backed on faith instead of wealth. Some people buy gold, as a hedge against inflation. My money's been going into motorcycles lately. It may not be the greatest finacial strategy for the future, but it's lots of fun most days on the way there.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #13875
pwrtrippin
Gnarly Adventurer

First time for this problem, Bro in law and I took the two piggys out for some tight singletrack fun, it was about 92 degrees out, progress was slow, then mine just stopped running. After a couple kicks I started smelling gas and looked down, carb was pissing out the overflow, a bit of troubleshooting showed the gas was boiling in the tank, The vent couldn't keep up with the pressure building and was forcing the gas into the float bowl past the float valve. After taking the filler off the tank to vent, the fuel stopped pouring out and the bike started. Had to stop every so often and unscrew the filler cap to vent it or else the engine would die. Any ideas for a bigger vent?

There is nothing manly about tassels.
pwrtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote