ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #3931
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,385
That's what I'm talking about. That right there.

"...the chart says...umm...you're f'd up...and your shit's all retarded...and umm, you talk like a fag."

MoBill screwed with this post 12-27-2011 at 03:42 PM Reason: Edited for strong language..
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #3932
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71olds View Post
I agree this game lost its mojo when people started bitching a tag was illegal.

Place a tag. If it may not be legal say it may not be, then if someone has no balls they can stay on the couch.

F U Ladka

My thoughts exactly, but we have some seriously nasty computer nerds out there who are threatening to expose individuals for placing a tag in a safe but perhaps borderline location.

As I said in my last post, we are all adults and responsible for our actions. Some of us will actually exceed the speed limit on occasion. If you can believe the audacity, I've actually ignored a red light after sitting for a few minutes and having it ignore my motorcycle. I've done single track in the Pine Barrens outside of bone fide events, though I kept it to myself.

As far as I know, none of our tags in the past three years have bothered any private land owner (absolutely no complaints to date), destroyed any property, or cause anyone harm. Would like to keep it that way.

Let me think about this game a little before placing the new tag. I agree that dirt roads that a Goldwing can negotiate are not what the original intent was for this game. But, If we can't trust our fellow ADV riders, we may have to go stealth.

Will try and have a new tag up tomorrow a.m.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #3933
GirlRyder
Queen of Flugistan

Oddometer: 1,525
Respect private landowners!

Obviously none of you realize that if you use Google or any other popular search engine, results from the ADV forums will actually come up. So posting tags in illegal locations really endangers everyone who rides a motorcycle, because it gives readily available proof to the general public that some motorcyclists -- and they will extrapolate ALL MOTORCYCLISTS -- are lawbreakers who don't respect private property owners.

Breaking the speed limit is your individual choice. When you put a tag on a private landowner's property, you really leave the other riders no choice if they want to play the game. Their only other option is not to play.

Problem solved if you just keep the tags on publicly accessible locations. Don't ruin it for everyone.

GirlRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #3934
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Gyrlrider....take it here.... please...http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post17607474

MoBill screwed with this post 12-28-2011 at 12:57 PM
Old 12-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #3935
GirlRyder
Queen of Flugistan

Oddometer: 1,525
WOW!
Didn't know you guys were so SENSITIVE! Touched a nerve did I?

I simply stated some facts. I think YOU'RE the one that's hysterical.

It won't surprise me one bit when you Jersey Boys have your trails closed.

GirlRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #3936
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,239

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

Team Ghetto does a hot lap of America
natedog39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #3937
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Yeah...she didn't deserve that.

I need to get out and ride...been off almost a week, getting stir crazy.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #3938
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlRyder View Post
Obviously none of you realize.......
Princess, thanks for your learned participation. Please note that this game has been going on for over three years, and we have NEVER had a single complaint from a land owner about abusing private property. The players who actually ride their dual sport bikes here and not just their computers have nothing but respect for the job that motorcycle clubs and advocates have done for land use. Some of us have been motorcycle enthusiasts for many years. We definitely "realize".

We are sensitive, though, about fellow ADV nerds who turn on each other purely for the sport. And you certainly know what I'm talking about.

If someone has a legitimate complaint about a specific tag, then they should have the balls (or ovaries) to let us know without hiding behind some nerdy "Annoy.com" anonymity. That is just pure cowardly behavior. Shame on Latka.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #3939
hitmanlol
Cotor Myclist

Oddometer: 904
I hate to ever agree with doc.

That being said, put the tag where ever. We're supposed to be ADV (adventure) people here. If you don't like where the tag is, don't get it. It's not like we're riding all over the place shitting and littering.

Latka, you suck. Don't screw with the game or mess with people's lives.

Let's move along with the game.
hitmanlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:24 AM   #3940
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly

The New Tag!!!!

The New Tag.....

And the duck is partially buried next to the post directly behind the bike:

You might want to bring a lighter bike with knobbies. I got pretty stuck with the Big Yellow Pig and the tourances:

And the clue:

Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #3941
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,860

That looks like fun.
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #3942
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)

Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
The New Tag.....
And the clue:

Hey, I know where that is!
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #3943
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
The boorish tone in here is completely off base. I get a little head explody once in a while definitely. It's OK to stand up and call bullshit. But for cryin' out loud get a hold of yourselves.

Gyrl, you came in a cast a broad brush on everybody and took a shit in this thread. Wrong answer. A lot of you FFs do that. Then if others try to maintain a civil tone in here we're being Doc's best buds...we're just focusing on the damned game.

And you other FFs, taking a cheap shot for any reason at race, creed or gender is unacceptable all the time. Wrong answer again.

I'm not being sanctimonious...I'm not being judgy...maybe a little disgusted. I don't know which is more of a joke, Gyrl coming in here and talking shit and making (wrong) assumptions about people she doesn't know, that she would be likely polite to if she met for the first time in meatspace---OR---the boorish responses on this last page and half.

Most of yous guys and girl, I've seen your posts elsewhere. You're cordial. WTF? Take a f'n chill pill..time for a break.

Who am I to tell you what to do? Nobody. Just sayin' my piece. Edit: And...if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it...if it does...
While I agree that care should be taken when posting pics of "questionable" location as this entire forum can be viewed by anybody including those not friendly to the motorcycling community.

That said , the idea of "one of our own" throwing somebody in really pisses me off even if you don't like or agree with the other person, you don't do that!
There's enough non motorcyclists to throw us a good fuckin, we don't need to do it to ourselves.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

Team Ghetto does a hot lap of America
natedog39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #3944
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
Yeah...she didn't deserve that.

I need to get out and ride...been off almost a week, getting stir crazy.

OK, we're done with the BS. If you want to slug it out, take it to JM, or take a vacation.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #3945
docgonzo OP
Old Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSpace View Post

OK, we're done with the BS. If you want to slug it out, take it to JM, or take a vacation.
Thanks. Totally agree. Here's the tag shot:

If more information is needed to locate, please PM me, and I would be glad to help with more directions. The beach is beautiful this time of year. No shoobies!

If the grabber of the tag is uncomfortable about riding on some sand, then they can stay on the end of the MAIN street, take a tag shot from there, and walk a couple of yards to the post and get the mascot. As far as I know, the tag shot is on a public road. I could be wrong, but the beach is deserted this time of year, so it should be an easy "get". I didn't see any signs to the contrary, but I could be wrong. Everyone is responsible for themselves, right?

We don't need anymore complaints. This is supposed to be fun. If the tag isn't satisfactory, then just get it and place a better one! Simple!