ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #556
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL ZING
Jeff, is there anymore gps trails? Just got the two you had on the Garmin and was just wondering if you had anymore done. Still can't believe I did it.

Not to wonder to far off the subject but got a new TKC-80 put on the rear and the knobbys look alot taller/agressive. Same pattern but more rubber, maybe just the lack of rubber on the old one.
Did you see post #536? I have one that is the second half of fridays ride. Credit goes to Jimbee cause I can't do this crap for s**t.

The quote I have in there of the maps google is Saturdays. I think that can work with your gps.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #557
LIL ZING
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Yup!

Ya got the one on 470 and 536 didn't know if those were testers and you had to be on a list to get them all. Going paper ain't bad either will make it exciting. I only have the GPS thing so when I get lost just punch the home button and bingo like wearing ruby slippers.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #558
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

So today I get the boat finished so it's ready for the womens. Got time to ride and get some tracks done. Load up and head to Carson first to go to the forestry to get a map. There closed. Banker/government hours. Then I drive down to Gardnerville were we will ride Friday. Stop to get fuel. I notice my fork seal started leaking. It wasn't leaking in my garage. 15 minutes later it is literally dripping out of the seal . I hadn't even unloaded it yet. Now I know that 06 yz-450's have forks seal issues. But 41 hours and I've changed them 4 times. First three times I took the forks off and dropped them off at a shop on my way out of town. The last time I did them cause I was fed up and had the time. Got 12 hours out of em this time. No ride. No tracks. Everytime I try and do any gps stuff something happens. Yesterday I go and spend 2 hours doing one on google earth. Redbull told me how to do this . Before I get it done google drops me and I loose everything. It is an omen. If I give you all tracks you will just get lost quicker. Paper.

I wonder if Trailtrick will provide a fork service in exchange for a nice bed(even in doors). Cause I am just over this fork issue
Old 06-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #559
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
i hate the gps stuff also , is good for those the have a desk Job
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr
Went there today. Those knuckleheads close early. Missed em. Can you see if they have a good map of the Pine nuts and east area? Whatever covers east of the Humbolt-toiyabe map. Specifically, I'm looking for pine nut road east to Red Canyon. That will be Fridays ride and I'm FOOKIN THRU WITH THIS TRACKS/GPS CRAP

we are going paper damnit!!!

thanks

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #560
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
I take you up on that one ,but I having some wife health issues ,i no tomorrow went i get back to the hospital if i can make it
Quote:
So today I get the boat finished so it's ready for the womens. Got time to ride and get some tracks done. Load up and head to Carson first to go to the forestry to get a map. There closed. Banker/government hours. Then I drive down to Gardnerville were we will ride Friday. Stop to get fuel. I notice my fork seal started leaking. It wasn't leaking in my garage. 15 minutes later it is literally dripping out of the seal . I hadn't even unloaded it yet. Now I know that 06 yz-450's have forks seal issues. But 41 hours and I've changed them 4 times. First three times I took the forks off and dropped them off at a shop on my way out of town. The last time I did them cause I was fed up and had the time. Got 12 hours out of em this time. No ride. No tracks. Everytime I try and do any gps stuff something happens. Yesterday I go and spend 2 hours doing one on google earth. Redbull told me how to do this . Before I get it done google drops me and I loose everything. It is an omen. If I give you all tracks you will just get lost quicker. Paper.

I wonder if Trailtrick will provide a fork service in exchange for a nice bed(even in doors). Cause I am just over this fork issue

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #561
DaveBro
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
i hate the gps stuff also , is good for those the have a desk Job
Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Buena suerte a su esposa, Javier.
DaveBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #562
fooschnickens
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hey guys
I'm considering taking the weekend off of work to do this with y'all. Gimme some basics (I tried reading through 38 pages but could not manage it). Where and when is the initial meet, is camping gear sufficient, and how noob friendly? I'm on a newish klr, have done a bit o' dirt (dvalley and local hollister stuff), but I'm going up to Tahoe this weekend regardless and would like to make an....ADVENTURE! out of it :)

peace
Rob
fooschnickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #563
Playa Shark
High Desert Prowler

Oddometer: 546
Laugh

Quote:

Jeff,

Take a deep breath, count to 10. It is all going to be okay. Seriously though if there is anything I can do to help give me a call.

BTW I did the Verdi Peak run. Great views and good trails. I can give you the details to see if we can tie it into the Sunday ride or save it for next year. If there is a next year. . . .

paul
Old 06-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #564
jimbee
Airhead Intermediate

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
covers east of the Humbolt-toiyabe map. Specifically, I'm looking for pine nut road east to Red Canyon.
Will do. ALso, if you would like another pair of eyes, I have a little experience with combining and editing tracks in Garmin's Map Source. No promisis, but happy to give it a shot.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #565
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,738
Quote:
I take you up on that one ,but I having some wife health issues ,i no tomorrow went i get back to the hospital if i can make it
tt...hope everything turns out well.......
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #566
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooschnickens
Hey guys
I'm considering taking the weekend off of work to do this with y'all. Gimme some basics (I tried reading through 38 pages but could not manage it). Where and when is the initial meet, is camping gear sufficient, and how noob friendly? I'm on a newish klr, have done a bit o' dirt (dvalley and local hollister stuff), but I'm going up to Tahoe this weekend regardless and would like to make an....ADVENTURE! out of it :)

peace
Rob
wish i could help you, i myself have to go back to the previous postings to get some of the finer details.

i'm sure there will be a final announcement of the meet up places, time and rides, but jeff seems to be running around to take care of business. keep your eyes glued on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbee
Heading over that way tomorrow. I will try and pick up maps for (hopefully they have a good stash!):

Bluegroove
Just Paul
h8chains
Rol Vink

Come and find me - I'm on a purple r100gs. We'll figure out the cash up there. Can't Wait!!! CHeers! JB
thanks jimbee....on friday, don't be looking for a guy looking like in my avatar....i will be on a beat up 640A.....
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #567
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

meet place, time is 9:00am.

Rides will be 60-100miles long depending on how everyone feels. Plenty of places to head out to pavement if you want. Gas stations are close. Need a range of 50-60 miles on friday and Saturday we will pass stations at 40 miles in and thereafter every 20-25 miles probably.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #568
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Hopefully everything will be ok.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #569
ktmbmw
Getting there

Oddometer: 309
Sat. Ride (in text)

to accompany the google map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...29783&t=h&z=15
I wrote up the following 'text' version of the ride.
The google map version has the re-group areas highlighted with inverted blue water drops.
---------
Sat. Ride
-start at 207 (Kingsbury Grade) and N. Benjamin dr.
-N. Benjamin dr, turns into Andria Dr. (continue on)
-Andia dr., turns into Castle Rock rd. (continue on)
-Castle Rock rd., turns into Genoa Peak Rd. (continue on)
-Genoa Peak rd. to hwy 50.
-right on hwy 50 to the re-group area just before the next trail.
-re-group
-hwy 50 turn left (legal turn?) on to NDF 039 rd. (Kings Canyon rd)
-NDF039/Kings Canyon rd to Carson City.
(once in Carson City)
-Left on N. Ormsby blvd.
-Right on W. Washington st.
-Left on N. Carson st. (395)
-head north on N Carson for 1.7 miles to re-group at Carson Motorsports:
-re-group @ Carson Motorsports
re-group at the KTM dealer in Carson City.
Carson Motorsports
3737 North Carson St
Carson City, NV 89706
(775) 882-5600
(ride to VC)
-North on N. Carson st.
-right on Arrowhead Dr.
-left on Goni rd.
(Goni rd. turns dirt)
-Goin rd. runs into Ophir Grade at a fork, take right fork onto Ophir Grade.
-Left on C st. (342)
-Re-group (~.1 miles) at the parking lot at the corner of C and Occidental Grade (the Fourth Ward School) (just beyond the stop sign).
Lunch
There is a good BBQ joint up the road on the left about .2 miles
(noted on the google map), I am not sure of the name, it is beside a church.
After Lunch
-Continue 'north' on C st./341/Geiger Grade rd. through VC.
-Optional - Fandango Pass road looks interesting but I have never tried it.
-Left on Trojan rd (this area is named Virginia City Highlands, there is a sign)
-Trojan rd. to Toll Rd.
-Toll Rd. back to 341 down in s. Reno
-Left on 341/Geiger Grade
-re-group ~.1 open area on the right side of the road on 341/Geiger Grade
-341 turns into 431 (dyslectics enjoy)
-431/Mt. Rose hwy over to Tahoe,
-left on hwy 28
-right on hwy 50 and back.
(I should also have a GPS friendly version of the Sat. ride after tonight, I will post it when it is completed.)

ktmbmw screwed with this post 06-10-2009 at 12:17 PM
ktmbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #570
Playa Shark
High Desert Prowler

Oddometer: 546
Nice work gentlemen. Thanks again for the efforts.