ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #676
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,106
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Hey B you aren't going to see many action pics of the bike...the 690 was too far in front of the guys with the cameras....bwahahaha
The bike is perfect..the fi worked flawlessly at altitude and after the SE it felt like a 250

I am putting a 8" light on the front tomorrow for you
hey mister brady,heard u down sized.....been eyeballing a 530 myself looks like ill have to now and mybe ill be able to keep up to your dust settlingoh yeah....still not dumping the 950 se,they will have to pry that from my cold dead hands

dunerat screwed with this post 06-15-2009 at 08:42 PM
dunerat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #677
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
hey mister brady,heard u down sized.....been eyeballing a 530 myself looks like ill have to now and mybe ill be able to keep up to your dust settling
oh good grief ......

course, it's not like I was ever even gonna try to keep up with you guys anyway
Old 06-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #678
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Mike, what sort of unholy unsavory despicable heathen acts of debauchery are you planning on undertaking with that artificial sun on the front of your/Ben's bike? I think maybe with a light like that your appearance at a full moon ride might be mandatory?

Hey FF's, what's the bounty on it? How much do we get for roosting a rock into it vs. making Mike crash trying to keep up?

What's the point spread on betting you'll eat shit on a hill climb and take it out by yourself?

I may not be able to keep up w/you yet, but I'm a LOT closer
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #679
LIL ZING
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalters
Just got home. Thanks again to Tahoeacr and Mrs. Tahoeacr for the hospitality! The food last night was AWESOME! I just wish I could have made the Friday ride! It was great meeting everyone and I appreciate all of you showing this new Californian around!

Eric, how's the beef stew treating you?
You know I don't like beef stew only know how to make it. Still waiting for the pics of the sasquatch carrying TT. However has them better post them. For those who don't know what a sasquatch is pasted the meaning.

Definition: Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Noun

1. Large hairy humanoid creature said to live in wilderness areas of the United States and Canada

It fits not sure about the hairy part but the rest fits. Hear they like beef stew, too.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #680
jwalters
Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer: 2,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL ZING
You know I don't like beef stew only know how to make it. Still waiting for the pics of the sasquatch carrying TT. However has them better post them. For those who don't know what a sasquatch is pasted the meaning.

Definition: Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Noun

1. Large hairy humanoid creature said to live in wilderness areas of the United States and Canada

It fits not sure about the hairy part but the rest fits. Hear they like beef stew, too.

Proliferator of Farkles of Mass Percussion
jwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #681
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
Ohh wath a beuty , now the is pretty take 1 last picture and start ridding the dam thing like she's deserve it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Ok Javier....here she is ready for your trophy shelf.....

Ben....can't wait to see the cover..

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #682
LIL ZING
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Hate this f**king computer!

Had my thank you's all typed up and hit the submit button and bam shit went somewhere else so will retype later. Wife is harping about me have to much me time. Is that possible, shit!

So Jeff thanks a load and let me know when we can on a post ride.(after get bike fixed that is) Marilyn Thanks for putting up with the crazy people and putting me up for the weekend. Marilyn Margaritas are not to be taken lightly. WOW! Gotta go got pics of Friday is all will get them up later when the wife is gone.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #683
DaveBro
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr
Just to piss off those whop didn't stay for Sundays ride.
OK, I'm pissed. Looks like y'all had a great time, even without us.

Jeff and Marilyn, a huge thanks for a great weekend! Your hospitality was fantastic. Amazing meal on Saturday night, Marilyn. Nice to meet your local friends too. Jeff, watching you expertly working on my mangled peg (with able assist from spafxer) was practically the highlight of the weekend. Especially when the huge crescent wrench came out. I really appreciate you fixing me up and getting me on the road safely again. Thanks for showing us some great new riding areas. I'm ready to come back with my 250 and try Saturday's "hard" ride.

Great meeting and riding with a bunch of new folks. Thanks to Joel for keeping us together on Saturday, to ktmbmw for selflessly leading us on the Toll Road section to Reno, and to everyone for their patience that day after my little spill delayed us.

Dave
DaveBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #684
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,713
walked in just a few minutes ago...jim and i left the tahoeacr's house at 10am and after 480 miles i'm ready to take a shower.

it was a long day getting home but fun. we ended up exploring the back roads, and more areas on the way home; also rode up to ebbets and monitor passes. the sierras is one of the most beautiful place on earth; and of course, the best way to enjoy it...is on a motorcycle....

sorry, taking me long to post the friday and sat rides... oops, there was also a sunday ride that jeff lead us to parts of rubicon, some single tracks, some double tracks that we discovered when we went around the lake.

tune in and i'll grind some time to post the nOOb's version of this epic weekend, 4.5 days for spafxer and 8)H.

again, thanks to the tahoeacrs, and everyone who participated. great meeting good old faces, as well new people. hope to see you again next year or any ride in the near future.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #685
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,934
Great pics and videos! Looks like some pretty good riding by the BigBikes!

Guess I'll have to change the 990 to knobs before I show up at Jeff's house again...
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #686
Racinace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Laugh Good stuff

Sorry I missed this one. Talked with Jeff today. Planning to head up a week ahead of time next year to help Jeff lay out some true AA course material.

Just a word to the wise.... been riding with Jeff for a long time. Anytime he says: "that's the worst of it or that's the hardest part of the ride the rest is a piece of cake" he's full of shit. Translation the best (or worst) is yet to come.
Watch out for Mrs. Tahoeacr's beverages... their smooooooth...
06 KTM 525exc (plated)
4 time Baja 1000 finisher (08-11) 2x, 305x, 313x, 202x
Racinace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 AM   #687
ktmbmw
Getting there

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBro
Great meeting and riding with a bunch of new folks. Thanks to Joel for keeping us together on Saturday, to ktmbmw for selflessly leading us on the Toll Road section to Reno, and to everyone for their patience that day after my little spill delayed us.

Dave
This was my first off-road group ride and I was glad to help out and lead since we were in my my 'neck of the woods'. I enjoyed riding with everyone.
I am looking forward to next year.
ML-

ktmbmw screwed with this post 06-16-2009 at 07:51 AM
ktmbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #688
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
Ohh wath a beuty , now the is pretty take 1 last picture and start ridding the dam thing like she's deserve it
ooooooooooooooooooooo now wheres the big bike version
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #689
RSC E
ADVWNT2B

Oddometer: 217
My trip report

I've been slammed since I got home so here is my late report:

Started the trip Monday from Ventura up Route 1 to Monterey. It was as enjoyable as always. I will never get tired of that ride.

Cut across Central California to the base of the Sierras below Yosemite.

Looking for a place to camp for the night, I ran into Mike and Pete. They waved me in.
They were eating dinner. Filet mignon and grilled zucchini.
Those BMW guys know how to camp. I pulled out my warm, half eaten subway sandwich.

I Talked Mike and Pete to into following me on the first leg of my journey into the Stanislaus National Forest up to Tahoe with tracks courtesy of Mtndragon.
In hindsight I wonder if they thought it was a good idea.

This is typical of the trails I encountered for 2 days.
If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend this route.

Getting close.

Doing a little pre-run with Jeff Thursday evening. Going down was much easier.

The start of group 1 on Friday.

YZLVR trying to keep up on his WR250. NOT!

Saturday’s challenges.

Our host Jeff wondering why I stopped. Always time to play Joel.

No pics Sunday. It was just a long boring trip home down the 395. Thank god I got the seat done before I left.
7 days, 1700 miles.
A very special thanks to Marilyn and Jeff for their generous hospitality, opening their house to a stranger, and the awesome dinners Thursday and Saturday night.
Also thanks to Mike, Eric, and Mark for letting me bunk and not losing me on Saturday. It was a first.
Can’t wait til next year.

RSC E screwed with this post 06-16-2009 at 10:37 AM
RSC E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #690
AngryScot

Oddometer: 18,307
you guys taking any more pics

looks like a lot of fun!
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote