Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #181
MacReal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Signing in from Zoetermeer (50km south of Amsterdam), with a Suzuki DL650 Black Rhino
MacReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #182
MelonMan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Living in the NL

Hello my friends. I am an American who loves your country and would like to live and work there. I am a teacher here in Colorado but I have 4 years of US/European work experience in sales/marketing and sponsorship development in the sports apparel industry. I was wondering if any of you might have some info about working in your great country?
MelonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #183
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,110
sports apparel industry -> Nike has a large department here, could send them a lettre.
Finding a job in NL is not too difficult if you have some papers to go with your experience.

What's so good about Flattistan here? :) I'd probably trade for a place/job in the states in a minute!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #184
RobertAmsterdam
www.twbastards.com

Oddometer: 187
True but Americans who start working in Amsterdam seldom leave.......
Old 02-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #185
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
What's so good about Flattistan here? :) I'd probably trade for a place/job in the states in a minute!
Our social security system... In the US, they have... NON - unless if you pay for it...

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #186
ZtoXS
I of the Strom

Oddometer: 16
Camping in North Holland

I'm going to be in Drenthe Region, hoping to stay east of Assen towards Stadskanaal and am having difficulty finding a campsite via the web that will give me a sensible price for me and my bike and a touring tent. Keep getting information for large tents, big party numbers, huge pitch areas and lots of facilities like electrical hook-ups included. All this I don't need, just me, my bike and a little tent on a site I can use as a base to see Northern Holland from. Can anybody help identify such a site east of Assen and how much is should cost. Thank you
ZtoXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #187
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZtoXS View Post
I'm going to be in Drenthe Region, hoping to stay east of Assen towards Stadskanaal and am having difficulty finding a campsite via the web that will give me a sensible price for me and my bike and a touring tent. Keep getting information for large tents, big party numbers, huge pitch areas and lots of facilities like electrical hook-ups included. All this I don't need, just me, my bike and a little tent on a site I can use as a base to see Northern Holland from. Can anybody help identify such a site east of Assen and how much is should cost. Thank you
That's my region... ;) Born in Stadskanaal.
There are some good camp sites, even biker-friendly:

Near Stadskanaal: http://www.motorschuur.info/5/Home.html Haven't been there so can't judge about quality etc
Near Sellingen / Ter Apel, much better situated (woodlands, near German border): http://motorvriendelijkecamping.nl/i/ Love the spot. Camp here every now-and-then, even if it is only 40km from my homestead...! Ride your bike in to the fortyfied village of Bourtange (phorbidden for cars - bikes are allowed in), the Bad Nieuweschans Spa, the costal polders and Oltambt Lake, the woodlands on the Hondsrug in Northern Drenthe, etc etc!

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #188
ZtoXS
I of the Strom

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Plugs View Post
That's my region... ;) Born in Stadskanaal.
There are some good camp sites, even biker-friendly:

Near Stadskanaal: http://www.motorschuur.info/5/Home.html Haven't been there so can't judge about quality etc
Near Sellingen / Ter Apel, much better situated (woodlands, near German border): http://motorvriendelijkecamping.nl/i/ Love the spot. Camp here every now-and-then, even if it is only 40km from my homestead...! Ride your bike in to the fortyfied village of Bourtange (phorbidden for cars - bikes are allowed in), the Bad Nieuweschans Spa, the costal polders and Oltambt Lake, the woodlands on the Hondsrug in Northern Drenthe, etc etc!
Thanks for that, will be of great help when planning ride outs. Today I at last received a reply from one of the sites I had been e-mailing, at Hunzepark in Gasselternijveen. Easy to get to all the places I want to visit and also to Assen for the GP. So may take then up on their offer of 15 Euros/night (good looking facilities also). I will also look at the sites you have highlighted for me. Thanks again, Brian.
ZtoXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #189
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZtoXS View Post
Thanks for that, will be of great help when planning ride outs. Today I at last received a reply from one of the sites I had been e-mailing, at Hunzepark in Gasselternijveen. Easy to get to all the places I want to visit and also to Assen for the GP. So may take then up on their offer of 15 Euros/night (good looking facilities also). I will also look at the sites you have highlighted for me. Thanks again, Brian.
Brian... Hunzepark is a 'family holiday resort' with bungalows. Not the place where you want to stay as motorcyclist...

I would recommend the 2nd option in Sellingen. They have an excellent restaurant too and for 7,- per night for biker + tent (10,50 two up) incl excellent (new) toiletbuildings a real good offer.

When are you planning your visit? I would be happy to show you around. Perhaps we can meet! PM me for details.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #190
Marlene996
Likes Italian Junk

Oddometer: 2
Hello from Apeldoorn

..or as my GPS says it, "Arrrpooldoorn." I'm from California, living most of the time now in Holland with my bf, running our avionics business. I used to ride a Ducati 996 for fun and a CB750 workhorse in California but have since sold both bikes. I am looking to buy a 796 Monster to have fun on this summer in town and hopefully on some longer rides in Germany, France, and Switzerland. I'll add some photos as soon as I figure out how to upload them.
Marlene996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #191
roshan2044
RosTourer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene996 View Post
..or as my GPS says it, "Arrrpooldoorn." I'm from California, living most of the time now in Holland with my bf, running our avionics business. I used to ride a Ducati 996 for fun and a CB750 workhorse in California but have since sold both bikes. I am looking to buy a 796 Monster to have fun on this summer in town and hopefully on some longer rides in Germany, France, and Switzerland. I'll add some photos as soon as I figure out how to upload them.
Being an international (India) , I welcome you to the Forum ... Looking forward to some pics.... Post some of CB750 (videos would be even better :) )
roshan2044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #192
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene996 View Post
Living in Apeldoorn... Well... the dykroad (the solid version...) from Deventer (close to Apeldoorn) to Zwolle (western side of the River de Ijssel) is a DREAM for any biker. Except from the police, who regulary installs speedtraps along it... ;)

Old 03-09-2012, 01:46 AM   #193
RobertAmsterdam
www.twbastards.com

Oddometer: 187
this one?
http://g.co/maps/9x3hb
Old 03-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #194
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAmsterdam View Post
Almost. Wrong side of the river... Try the west bank.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #195
georgedaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Back in the day,this bike was my inspiration to get a bike period.
Thanks for posting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile View Post
hey guys

I saw the old and strange theme hit on here :) well my bike is not that old and strange but I thought I maybe alowed to join in anyways :)

here are some pics of my 1986 XL 600 LM paris dakar ready for my big adventure!

Looking forward to see some more old & strange here !

Emile
georgedaman is offline   Reply With Quote