Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #316
TobyG
be happy :)

Oddometer: 498
Hi,
I am not from the Netherlands,
but I was wondering if anyone could help me purchase something off of Marktplaats.nl and ship it to germany for me?

Figured this was probably the best place to ask

Thanks in Advance,
Toby
TobyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:34 AM   #317
Hellracer.nl
What the hack???

Oddometer: 315
Shure, no problem. What do you need?

My Leaner build: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836987
Hellracer.nl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:40 AM   #318
TobyG
be happy :)

Oddometer: 498
pm'd you
TobyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #319
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,186
You could give it a try in Dutch ADV bike clubs as well...
The Dutch Transalp / Africa Twin f.e. has an 'market place' where locals offer bikes - good value for money...

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #320
Normlas
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
advice wanted for an ex-pat dutchie

Hi all,
I was born in Holland and have lived in New Zealand for over 30years, I still speak Dutch (not too bad) and have a Dutch passport , I am planning a big trip - maybe RTW - and am thinking about buying the bike to do this in Holland.

Here in NZ I have a well farkled KLR which I love but its extremely expensive to ship it anywhere, which is why I thought I might start my trip in Holland instead. From what I see you don't have KLR650's over there but you have lots of Yamaha XT660Z's which are pretty close.

I have a few technical questions that I need some dutch bikers advice for please :)

- what is the story with "wegenbelasting" if I buy a dutch bike, what are the costs and do I need to keep it current while I am not in Holland.

- Do bikes have an APK like cars and do I need to keep that current if I am not staying in Holland?

- Is insurance compulsory and do I need to have a Dutch driving license to be able to insure my bike? (I have a dutch car license but not a bike one)

- how much is a "carnet de passage" for such a bike in holland and is this obtained via the ANWB?

Is it perhaps much cheaper or easier to buy the bike in Belgium or Germany instead?

Hopefully someone on here can help me out with these. All advice much appreciated

Cheers from down under!
Normlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:34 AM   #321
Hellracer.nl
What the hack???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normlas View Post
Hi all,
I was born in Holland and have lived in New Zealand for over 30years, I still speak Dutch (not too bad) and have a Dutch passport , I am planning a big trip - maybe RTW - and am thinking about buying the bike to do this in Holland.

Here in NZ I have a well farkled KLR which I love but its extremely expensive to ship it anywhere, which is why I thought I might start my trip in Holland instead. From what I see you don't have KLR650's over there but you have lots of Yamaha XT660Z's which are pretty close.

I have a few technical questions that I need some dutch bikers advice for please :)

- what is the story with "wegenbelasting" if I buy a dutch bike, what are the costs and do I need to keep it current while I am not in Holland.
Wegenbelasting (roadtax) is aprox 120 euro per year. If you don't ride your bike for a long time it can be wise to "schors" it. This means suspending the roadtax. "Schorsen" costs 73 euro and you'll have to renew your suspension every year. If a bike is suspended you are not obliged to insure the bike.

Quote:
- Do bikes have an APK like cars and do I need to keep that current if I am not staying in Holland?
Luckily we don't need APK. Yet.

Quote:
- Is insurance compulsory and do I need to have a Dutch driving license to be able to insure my bike? (I have a dutch car license but not a bike one)
Yes, insurance is compulsory. I'm not sure about the driving licence.
Quote:
- how much is a "carnet de passage" for such a bike in holland and is this obtained via the ANWB?
You can purchase a Carnet de Passage via the ANWB but if you buy a Dutch bike and ride it around in Europe you won't need one. The ANWB has many english speaking advisors, call them if you need answers.

Quote:
Is it perhaps much cheaper or easier to buy the bike in Belgium or Germany instead?
It can be cheaper, but you'll have to inport it in The Netherlands, this costs time and money.

Quote:
Hopefully someone on here can help me out with these. All advice much appreciated

Cheers from down under!
You're welcome.
Greetz
Reinier

Old 11-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #322
Normlas
Adventurer

Thanks hellracer, much appreciated.

the reason I am curious about the carnet is one possible plan is to drive through Asia where I know you need one (Pakistan and India).

Another question, what's the best website in Holland to find second hand adventure bikes from private sellers (not from bike shops) ? Marktplaat perhaps?
Old 11-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #323
Hellracer.nl
What the hack???

Yep. Marktplaats is your best friend.
If you need help in purchasing a bike, I'm willing to help.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #324
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Marktplaats.nl is one of them, but the Dutch E-bay too.
Please note... 2nd hand bikes (and cars) are often cheaper to buy in f.e. Germany or Belgium.

The plus of Germany... they have an MOT (APK) for motorcycles, the TUV.
A good German site with many private sellers is www.mobile.de

I bought a Honda Transalp once in Germany, and imported it back to NL. You only have to bring it to an regional RDW (National Road & Traffic department) to get a Dutch licence and approval. Which takes money, but even than you could be cheaper off.

If you are planning to take the bike to Asia (I guess you will be riding?) I would suggest a 2cylinder bike in stead of the single Teneré. Honda 600/650/700 Transalp, or BMWF800GS would be my choice. Light, good comfort and economics, reliable and trusty.

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #325
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Marktplaats.nl is one of them, but the Dutch E-bay too.
Please note... 2nd hand bikes (and cars) are often cheaper to buy in f.e. Germany or Belgium.

The plus of Germany... they have an MOT (APK) for motorcycles, the TUV.
A good German site with many private sellers is www.mobile.de

I bought a Honda Transalp once in Germany, and imported it back to NL. You only have to bring it to an regional RDW (National Road & Traffic department) to get a Dutch licence and approval. Which takes money, but even than you could be cheaper off. Info about importing and obtaining a Dutch licence: www.rdw.nl

If you are planning to take the bike to Asia (I guess you will be riding?) I would suggest a 2cylinder bike in stead of the single Teneré. Honda 600/650/700 Transalp, or BMWF800GS would be my choice. Light, good comfort and economics, reliable and trusty.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #326
Normlas
Adventurer

cool, thanks guys - I have some homework to do !
Old 11-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #327
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Sorry for the double posting! *blush*

Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #328
skolios
n00bee

Oddometer: 35
Hi guys,

I am an expat as well living in Amsterdam. I recently bought an XR650R, slowly tidying it up and waiting for the riding season to finally enjoy it!

Any suggestions on rides, on/off road routes, events, links and anything relevant is highly appreciated.

Cheers
Sergios
skolios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #329
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skolios View Post
Hi guys,

I am an expat as well living in Amsterdam. I recently bought an XR650R, slowly tidying it up and waiting for the riding season to finally enjoy it!

Any suggestions on rides, on/off road routes, events, links and anything relevant is highly appreciated.

Cheers
Sergios
From Amsterdam? Do a google on 'de Kuil' in Ijmuiden.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #330
skolios
n00bee

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Plugs View Post
From Amsterdam? Do a google on 'de Kuil' in Ijmuiden.
Thanx, it looks cool!!
I live in Amsterdam, but suggestions further than that is fine as well.

Cheers
S.
skolios is offline   Reply With Quote