Originally Posted by MikeO
10th September

Mike - You DA MAN!
chuckh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 03:25 AM   #752
troll
zx6e.net

Oddometer: 224
Anyone remember when Lonestar Steakhouse used to do the peanuts on the floor thing? Guess too much liability there so they took it away.

I have one of those buckets, with the sticker still on it.

Troll
troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 05:55 AM   #753
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,187
two guys that make a GS look small
IBA#10787

We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:18 AM   #754
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Oddometer: 6,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakingRTrider
two guys that make an RT look slow
Fixed.

Mike
Old 09-12-2004, 08:19 AM   #755
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulekick
Youi just went through my old stomoing grounds Mike.Did you see the Smurf blue house as you we're coming into Fraser?............................
No.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:21 AM   #756
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Bam
Mike,
What res are you shooting those pics on?
Iam thinking of getting a digital and if they are this good you may have convinced me.
ta from andy bam
Hi Andy,

I'm using a Canon S50 (5 Megapixel) camera, set on maxium res. Each picture is between 1 and 2 MB...

Mike
Old 09-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #757
JuanG
GS Dork

Oddometer: 145
[/QUOTE]

I then meet Carl Vandre, who, I’m sorry to say, I don’t have a picture of. This may be because I was so staggered by his bike…

This is a Henderson V6. Henderson never made a V6. Carl decided that he’d use a couple of spare Henderson Straight 4 engines he had lying about to make one. He also decided to use the magneto from a WWII aircraft (he tells me it was a ‘Ranger’, a type I’m not familiar with).

The right twist grip is a conventional throttle – the left grip is also a twist grip, which rotates the aircraft magneto, located between the 2 banks of cylinders, thereby altering the timing.

Carl starts the bike up – it fires and burbles happily away at the first prod of the kick-start. To say I’m impressed would be a huge understatement. Carl says it took about 2000 hrs to build, working ‘on & off’ – a whole man-year.

[/QUOTE]

Sweet! - Glad to see you met my Grandpa! Pretty cool guy huh?

Sorry I didn't have the chance to meet you up there as well - Dave PM'd me about meeting up with you guys and I didn't get the chance to because I didn't get the PM until I got back into town. I showed up to CB on my '29 Henderson about 20-minutes after Carl left town (lagging behind because I rode up to Taylor Reservoir first). I'll be doing a full ride report of the trip as soon as I have a chance to go through all the pictures and get a smugmug account setup.

I might also add that Carl's got over 20k-miles on the V6 now and has also finished a V8 engine which is very, very cool. Here's a little picture of what he's up to lately:
Attached Images

Do not go quietly unto your grave.

'01GS
'29Henderson
JuanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #758
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,794
I'm pretty sure I saw you, Mike and ?somebody? this afternoon turning onto 126 from 285 towards Pine. I was in a cage so you guys weren't looking for the salute. Hope you had a nice ride- it was certainly a great day for it. I was kicking myself for hanging with the family sans-bike this weekend.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 07:42 PM   #759
txxr
Big gulps eh?

Oddometer: 897
i like the report
txxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:53 PM   #760
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by txxr
i like the report
good
Old 09-13-2004, 01:13 AM   #761
Paul E
Squid

Oddometer: 6
haha, because of this ride report whenever I see a silver ADV go by i rubberneck to see if its Mike, haha. Obviously its not...so I wonder if its another ADVrider...heh!
Paul E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:43 AM   #762
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO
Fixed.

Mike

IBA#10787

We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 06:23 AM   #763
leadvegas
I want to see your uvula

Oddometer: 1,572
Mike... you asked a few days back what the term for precipitation that evaporates before hitting the ground was - it's virga. Hope you had fun spinning your wheels around the neighborhood Friday... wish I could have come along for the ride.
leadvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:28 PM   #764
robdogg
turnip truck driver

Oddometer: 1,700
what happend to all the photo's? I was only about half way through the report..
John 5:24

CMA Fast Lane Forums
robdogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 06:04 PM   #765
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Missing Persons, Wheel Balancing and Black Silk Underwear...

11th September

I have a late start, after sorting out some email and other chores. It’s a beautiful day and I’m only going as far as Boulder today, where I’m meeting up with another ADVRider, GregfromBoulder, who’s invited me to stay for a couple of days. I’m packed and on the road at noon and arrive at Greg & Sue’s house at about 1300.

Greg has his own IT company and Sue is a Paediatrician. After showing me to my room, we sit down and chat for a while. Sue very kindly offers to give me her professional opinion on the subject of my left leg. She pronounces it probably OK, but cautions me to look for a variety of symptoms which might indicate bad developments in the future… I spend the next 2 hours sitting on the sofa with my leg propped up on a cushion in front of me, with a heat pad on the site of the injury. It actually feels a bit better afterwards…

Sue is working the 5-11 shift at the hospital, so has to leave - Greg & I go to the supermarket and buy some ingredients for dinner. Greg & Sue’s 17 yr old daughter, Melia, comes in, with one of her friends, as Greg’s cooking a superb pepper steak, and asks if she can go dancing in Denver tonight. After a bargaining session over when she has to be home, she and Cathy leave, wearing clothes that almost meet in places (no photo’s – quiet at the back!). I tell Greg I’m really glad I don’t have a teenage daughter – I’d never be able to relax when she was out of my sight…

After several beers and an excellent meal, Greg & I work out a route for a ride tomorrow. We’re going to go down to Colorado Springs, where another ADVRider, Tom Vervaeke, has offered to check out my front wheel and tyre, to see if we can work out why it has this minor low speed weave.

I turn in relatively early – Sue will join us in going out for breakfast early tomorrow, then we’ll set off at around 1000 for Colorado Springs…

I’m destined to be the only one who gets a good night’s sleep…

MikeO screwed with this post 12-26-2010 at 04:42 PM
MikeO is offline   Reply With Quote