Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2005, 07:13 PM   #1216
mr. matteeanne
Bender can pass him

Oddometer: 14,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Cow
As MikeO's agent in the Pacific Northwest it falls upon me to scout out new riding opportunities for his future travels in this area. Mike simply doesn't have the time , what with so many fans and all. With that in mind, I will take you up on your offer to him, er, me, of the best riding ,views and food....
when do we start?!
Cheers,
jorge
I'm always lookin for a good riding partner. Any time you decide you want to ride up this way, let me know, we have some of the finest riding that a man can do. (Bring a dual-sport though, it gets dirty!)
Sean A-18
Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #1217
Rubber Cow
GS Dork

Oddometer: 5,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteeanne
(Bring a dual-sport though, it gets dirty!)
Sean A-18
It's all I own!

Cheers,
Jorge

"Woof, woof woof woof ...woof woof!!!!!!!!!"
Cricket the Dog-RIP
Rubber Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:19 PM   #1218
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Oddometer: 6,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteeanne
I'm always lookin for a good riding partner.
You'll be hard pushed to find a better one than Jorge.

Mike

Okay - can I have the negatives now?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:10 AM   #1219
GatorTiger
Go Gators - Ride Tigers!

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO
Okay - can I have the negatives now?
Are there any? This was quite a read over the last few days. It was interesting to read about all the experiences in the US from a non-US point of view. Many of them sounded familiar to me personally, some made me re-think what I experienced when I first moved over here. Thank's Mike!

I'm still hoping I can get my Tiger to it's natural habitat one day and visit the locations where I spent some time during my navy days back then (Plymouth, York, Kinloss, Lake District...). Ahh the memories of the 10, 12, 15, 20, 25-yr olds I nibbled on back then... ;-)

Thanks Mike for all your work with posting your diary here!! Loved every post! Even the ones when the fuse was done...

See this: Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine !

GatorTiger screwed with this post 08-29-2005 at 06:53 AM Reason: caen't shpell...
GatorTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 06:05 PM   #1220
Peachmaan
Boneless chicken

Oddometer: 429
(Its been a month since the last posted reply, and I havent said thanx yet...)

Good Day,

I started reading your posts in Gemany, b-4 relocateing back to CA.
Back then, I was hoping to be able to go on a trip like this, upon my arrival.
-Plans are made to be changed.....
After getting here, aquring a MC, house and car, (in that order) finances are rather limited.
Not speaking of time....
Currently, I work 7/week to be able to get on the road a.s.ap.!
(actually Work(sucks) is a paid hobby of mine, IF only the boss wasnt such a d1ck....)

Right now, it is still only a dream, but it's nice to know that somebody YOU have had the chance to do/live IT!!

Thanx 4 keeping my dream alive!and intensifying it with your posts/captured images.

Regards , ds

--------------------
"It has been said that "Life is a sexually tranmitted, fatal disease." You're born. Sometime later, you die." -Flash412
Peachmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #1221
green ghost
Noslo5.0

Oddometer: 3
Hello all, you guys have no idea how long I have been searching for this thread.. My last post was 07-03-2005, wow, almost 3 years to the day.. I am soo excited to find it again. I was following Mikes adventures, his post and pictures made me feel as if I were taking his trip with him. Then one day I was transferd to another work location and forgot to copy the url of this site. When I did remember they had replaced the machines and the link was lost. Over the years I would wonder what he did next and who he met... wishing I could remember the name of your site, but I never could. I have spent the last 2 hours typing in different combinations of phrases I could remember of what I read and going through countless motorycle enthusiast sites looking for what I remembered.. the pic of the rider next to you sites name.. I couldn't belive I found it! but where was his post? I remember posting something all those years ago, So I entered my username and voila SUCCESS!! Now I need to read the whole thing because I don't remember where I left off. glad to see the pics are still there too.
green ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:33 AM   #1222
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Thanks!

I'm 4 years late to the party, but I just want to thank MikeO for this excellent thread.

What an inspiration! I spent the last 6 years as a sportbiker and the last couple of years my riding taste has changed from dragging knee (matter of fact I may have been one of the aforementioned squids Mike encountered on Hwy 9/35 near Boulder Creek, CA) to more long-range, off-the-beaten-track type of rides. Unfortunately my bike is not suited to the latter task so I started lurking in this forum a month ago researching different type of bikes I may want to sit on.

I managed to wander over to the Ride Reports section last week and stumbled onto this thread and have been reading it periodically since, finishing about 15 minutes ago. Wow, just wow. This is exactly the kind of riding I hope to be doing in the near future. Not surprisingly over the course of reading this thread I found myself on my local BMW dealer's website calculating the payments on a R1200GS (out of the question for now, but maybe next year).

Looks like a great bunch of folks on this site BTW.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #1223
glenn514
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
I'm with ScorpioVI...I'm four years late to this party!

Mike, my thanks. Wow!

Glenn514
Marengo, Illinois
AMA member
glenn514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #1224
Cloud
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
MikeO,
I read your report now yet.
I was reat it one week.
That's very good report.
Thank you! And a late congrats.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #1225
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Digitally remastered

I noticed a couple of years ago that almost all my text in this thread had become corrupted - I think it was a change to a new form of vBulletin in 2005 that did it. Anything prepared on Word was corrupted - especially where symbols of any sort were used, for example:

As usual, I wake stupidly early, as the rest of the world showers, eats and leaves for work (0500 here, apparently). I get up, read my emails, then go back to bed and re-awake at 0845€

I pack the bike and I€™m on the road for 1045 €“ I€™ve decided to follow a route suggested by one of the ADVRider chaps. I follow Highway 2 north west out of Libby, then turn left down the Bull River Road, which, as its name suggests, follows the Bull River down to Bull Lake€

Which should read:

As usual, I wake stupidly early, as the rest of the world showers, eats and leaves for work (0500 here, apparently). I get up, read my emails, then go back to bed and re-awake at 0845…

I pack the bike and I’m on the road for 1045 – I’ve decided to follow a route suggested by one of the ADVRider chaps. I follow Highway 2 north west out of Libby, then turn left down the Bull River Road, which, as its name suggests, follows the Bull River down to Bull Lake…

This made it a chore to read, which pissed me off slightly, so I have gone through it in slow time editing the text to remove the corruption - that work is now complete.

Happy holidays (blimey, that sounded a bit American)...

Mike
Old 12-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #1226
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO View Post
This made it a chore to read, which pissed me off slightly, so I have gone through it in slow time editing the text to remove the corruption - that work is now complete.

Happy holidays (blimey, that sounded a bit American)...

Mike
Too much snow around, eh?
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #1227
MikeO OP
Wage slave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
Too much snow around, eh?
Yes

Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #1228
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,022
actually, I've always seen a bunch of bad character substitution when people use Word to compose messages and cut/paste into advrider... all kinda funky HTML hiding in there too. most likely the char substitutions you saw relate to UTF8 versus some other character encodings.

btw, Hey, Mike! LTNS (we met when you came through central California umpteen years back in this thread...)
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #1229
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,571
I had that problem especially with firefox and word. When I switched to safari it went away.

There was a TON of coded text and formating info embedded in 'header' of the word doc. I had to manually strip it out every time.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:53 AM   #1230
madarthereal
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Hey,

It's very good report am really enjoying it. I would like to take a small comment before lunch and before reading forward. I don't wanna seem smartass and the topic is irrelevant as well. I am just sensitive about assertions of Czech people. I can't help it...

Lecs is Hungarian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecs%C3%B3

Frenchs have also a simmilar dish. It's called: Ratatouille. Is it familiar?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382932/

"We're soon joined by Archs best mate and long time riding partner, Warren, who proceeds to cook a Czechoslovakian dish he learned off a couple of Czech bikers he met in Idaho.

Its called Late Show (well, thats how its pronounced I think its spelt Lecho) and is spectacularly tasty, though I suspect Late Show is probably Czech for Throw in everything you have left in the fridge. "

madarthereal is offline   Reply With Quote