ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #2236
Mr. Jetmoto
Banned

Oddometer: 1,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman
they will have soon. Ducati dealer in Methford, and one in Salem, and soon to add Ducs to the BMWOR line-up.
Damn, well there goes any savings plan I might have had

Just got back from a sweet little ride up towards oakridge and hills creek res., and other points in between. Past oremike on the way up 58, hauling the atk up for some carnage in the woods, pulled over and chatted a bit. Got some grub, went home. And it's only 1:30!

Edit, oops it's 2:30. Forgot to set the clock ahead on the microwave.
Mr. Jetmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #2237
Capo Rick
Please understand...

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonsage
Methinks that Salem has dropped Ducs. BMW and Honda now.

Bike Barn in Medford closed up, but they were Guzzi, not Ducs right?
Yep,

Both true on both sides. Bike Barn in Medford picked up Piaggio stuff ( Guzzi Aprilia) about 1.5 years ago. I was JACKED, because I travel there for work at least twice a month. I spent a fair amount of time there, and am totally bummed that they had to close.

"Nobody ever sells their bikes at Guzzi rallies........ But the upside is that you may get into a good fight and have the opportunity to have sex with some-being of a different species."-Pete Roper
Capo Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #2238
oremike
Motorcyclest

Oddometer: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jetmoto
Damn, well there goes any savings plan I might have had

Just got back from a sweet little ride up towards oakridge and hills creek res., and other points in between. Past oremike on the way up 58, hauling the atk up for some carnage in the woods, pulled over and chatted a bit. Got some grub, went home. And it's only 1:30!

Edit, oops it's 2:30. Forgot to set the clock ahead on the microwave.
I'm back, with sore muscles and a dirty, dirty bike. Spent 2 hours riding loops, trying to splash all the water out of the mud puddles and trying to not fall down in said mud puddles. I was mostly successful on both counts though there were a couple times were the ATK and I were an even match.(we wrestle in the same weight class). I'm going to get a bigger rear sprocket so I can use more than two gears on the trails. Looking at my homework I think I can ride the big bike tomorrow all day anyone got any Ideas for a ride? Lunch at the Barnacle Bistro and back thru the Redwoods? Is it time to head over to Picture Rock pass and Paisley and check out the Petroglyphs? Enquireing minds and all that.

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #2239
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Rick
Yep,

Both true on both sides. Bike Barn in Medford picked up Piaggio stuff ( Guzzi Aprilia) about 1.5 years ago. I was JACKED, because I travel there for work at least twice a month. I spent a fair amount of time there, and am totally bummed that they had to close.
So your local Guzzi stores are now Beaverton and Seattle. I guess Portland still has Aprilias covered. Funny how there is a KTM place at every wide spot in the road but pickin's are thin for Guzzi, Aprilia, Triumph around here.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #2240
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike
I'm back, with sore muscles and a dirty, dirty bike. Spent 2 hours riding loops, trying to splash all the water out of the mud puddles and trying to not fall down in said mud puddles. I was mostly successful on both counts though there were a couple times were the ATK and I were an even match.(we wrestle in the same weight class). I'm going to get a bigger rear sprocket so I can use more than two gears on the trails. Looking at my homework I think I can ride the big bike tomorrow all day anyone got any Ideas for a ride? Lunch at the Barnacle Bistro and back thru the Redwoods? Is it time to head over to Picture Rock pass and Paisley and check out the Petroglyphs? Enquireing minds and all that.
I think South sounds better than East at this point. I was just pondering a loop down around Medford, but could be talked into the coast/redwoods loop. Which route down are you thinking?

Name a time and place and I am likely be there on the K1200RS. Cottage Grove? Creswell? Wheres a good gathering spot to head south? 9am? 10? or did you want to start in the dark.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:45 PM   #2241
oremike
Motorcyclest

Quote:
I think South sounds better than East at this point. I was just pondering a loop down around Medford, but could be talked into the coast/redwoods loop. Which route down are you thinking?

Name a time and place and I am likely be there on the K1200RS. Cottage Grove? Creswell? Wheres a good gathering spot to head south? 9am? 10? or did you want to start in the dark.
Lets see if there is any more interest say between now and 9 pm, generally I like to jet down the freeway to hwy 42 and cut over to Bandon from Myrtle point on Lamba Mt Road.
But I'm ok with something like 227 down Medford way as well, just really don't want to ride in the snow.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #2242
G-Funk OP
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Hey Peterman ......

And whomever else .....

Jet and I are gonna do some mild dirt / gravel fun on Sunday. It's not going to be anything too crazy cuz of Jet's back (for realz) but you wanna join us?

Mike?

Any of you other I haven't met yet?

I don't where we're going yet. I don't know what time we're leaving at. And I don't know what I'll be riding yet ..... cuz come to think of it I just put some intiminators in my AT and I still need to test them off the tarmac, so Sunday might be the perfect day for it.

ideas, suggestions, and verbal abuse are always welcomed.

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #2243
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Well I can do either Sat or Sun, but probably not both. Sat for Mike's "big bike" ride and I get to scrub in the new tire on the K1200RS or some dirty gravel on Sunday with the Husky. Either one works for me.

I will kick back in my recliner and wait for a consensus to form since nobody seems to be jumping on either plan yet.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #2244
Capo Rick
Please understand...

Quote:
Well I can do either Sat or Sun, but probably not both. Sat for Mike's "big bike" ride and I get to scrub in the new tire on the K1200RS or some dirty gravel on Sunday with the Husky. Either one works for me.

I will kick back in my recliner and wait for a consensus to form since nobody seems to be jumping on either plan yet.

I'm gonna hold off on the group ride this weekend. I kinda have this weird feeling like I've been " bad Juju " for group rides lately.....

I'd like to get through a day eventually where there is no carnage during the ride.

The rational side of me knows that's crap, but.......

"Nobody ever sells their bikes at Guzzi rallies........ But the upside is that you may get into a good fight and have the opportunity to have sex with some-being of a different species."-Pete Roper
Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #2245
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Lets see if there is any more interest say between now and 9 pm, generally I like to jet down the freeway to hwy 42 and cut over to Bandon from Myrtle point on Lamba Mt Road.
But I'm ok with something like 227 down Medford way as well, just really don't want to ride in the snow.

I am all for staying away from the snow, and I have no idea what the roads through the southern Coast Range are like. The 42 Bandon route is probably a safe bet.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #2246
oremike
Motorcyclest

42 and 199 are both low enough to not have snow on them, a loop like Hwys 227,62,and 138 might have snow up in the higher elevations.

So the route I'm thinking is about 450 miles and 8 hours of riding.
Creswell To Winston Via I-5
Winston to Bandon Via 42& 42S
Bandon to Cresent City Via 101
Cresent City to Grants Pass Via 199
Grants Pass to Creswell Via I-5
I'm ok with a 9 am start time here in Creswell . Rocket Inn parking lot , next to the 76 station.
Rick, I respect your decision to not do any group rides for a while But I have no such trepidation about you and want you to know you are welcome to ride with me anytime.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #2247
oremike
Motorcyclest

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk

Jet and I are gonna do some mild dirt / gravel fun on Sunday. It's not going to be anything too crazy cuz of Jet's back (for realz) but you wanna join us?

Mike?

G.

I'm out for Sunday, still got some homework to do, plus got my dirtin' in today.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #2248
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Rick
I'm gonna hold off on the group ride this weekend. I kinda have this weird feeling like I've been " bad Juju " for group rides lately.....

I'd like to get through a day eventually where there is no carnage during the ride.

The rational side of me knows that's crap, but.......
I for one have been looking forward to meeting you and seeing your rare Italian machinery.

As for the bad 'juju'; last fall both my brother and my childhood best friend and his wife ended up in serious accidents while riding. This was very unsettling at the time, but in the end I decided to ride to the hospital in Portland multiple times to see them. I have to admit that I never was sure it was the right thing to do, but in the end it worked out and I gave the hospital staff something to talk about.

Not hard to see how you may be feeling some bad 'juju', and I am a guy who finds 'juju' in all forms something to be avoided. Some things just need to be decided on experience and instinct in addition to the fact on the ground. Sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong. I think experienced riders all make that decision every time we roll down the road and other experienced riders respect that.

I will continue to look forward to our first ride together.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #2249
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

All thing considered Im leaning towards the gravely dirt on Sunday this weekend. Im in a bit of a dualsport mood.

G-Funk, I await the details ........
Old 04-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #2250
Capo Rick
Please understand...

Quote:
I for one have been looking forward to meeting you and seeing your rare Italian machinery.

As for the bad 'juju'; last fall both my brother and my childhood best friend and his wife ended up in serious accidents while riding. This was very unsettling at the time, but in the end I decided to ride to the hospital in Portland multiple times to see them. I have to admit that I never was sure it was the right thing to do, but in the end it worked out and I gave the hospital staff something to talk about.

Not hard to see how you may be feeling some bad 'juju', and I am a guy who finds 'juju' in all forms something to be avoided. Some things just need to be decided on experience and instinct in addition to the fact on the ground. Sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong. I think experienced riders all make that decision every time we roll down the road and other experienced riders respect that.

I will continue to look forward to our first ride together.
Quote:
Rick, I respect your decision to not do any group rides for a while But I have no such trepidation about you and want you to know you are welcome to ride with me anytime.
Thanks fellas, I've been riding for 30 years, and been through other times that have been weird or tough before, gimme a week, and I'll be back to show my big, ugly self. You're good people, and I hope you have fun!
( I'll be out terrorizing the south county on my own at some point this weekend )