ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #7861
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant
 
oldmonkeybut's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Western Rain county, Oregon
Oddometer: 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
it's gone-get over it. plus you missed an epic weekend
My new mail box is gonna be sweet!


FYYFF!
__________________
In a pool of Children s Tears
oldmonkeybut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #7862
ks02
Always smooth
 
ks02's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Creswell...aka, "the Well" Oregon
Oddometer: 239
i have been away awhile and started coming back to the meetups a couple of weeks ago, damn good times and company. now I have been out of town working for a couple of weeks and can't wait to get back to the meet ups......see you fuckers next week
__________________
Always Smooth
ks02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #7863
Dansrc51
I need a cape....
 
Dansrc51's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
My new mail box is gonna be sweet!


FYYFF!
pics or it didn't happen
Dansrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #7864
Mr. Fisherman
oneandahalfassed
 
Mr. Fisherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Eyejamnotta Sanchez
Oddometer: 10,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
My new mail box is gonna be sweet!


FYYFF!
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #7865
oremike
Motorcyclest
 
oremike's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Creswell, Oregon
Oddometer: 2,297
Guess who's moving to the coast

As some of you know, I've had some troubles over the last few years with a lay off and schooling. Today all that hard work got me a sweet job offer from the BLM. My time here at the lake ends Sept 30th and I start with district maintainace on Oct 1st.
__________________
Mike M.
Creswell, Oregon
'14 KLR 650

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #7866
linkweewee
tantum quantum
 
linkweewee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 13,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post
As some of you know, I've had some troubles over the last few years with a lay off and schooling. Today all that hard work got me a sweet job offer from the BLM. My time here at the lake ends Sept 30th and I start with district maintainace on Oct 1st.

Congrats Mike. Happy that everything turned out OK for you. How about one more meet-up before you take off?
__________________
Time running out. Time running out. For the fool still asking what his life is about.
linkweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #7867
oremike
Motorcyclest
 
oremike's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Creswell, Oregon
Oddometer: 2,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
Congrats Mike. Happy that everything turned out OK for you. How about one more meet-up before you take off?
I wish I could, but I can't, so I won't. I get one more week of Mon/Tues as my days off then I switch to 4 tens with Fri-Sun off. The rest of the time I'm here at the Lake or soon to be in North Bend/Coos Bay.
__________________
Mike M.
Creswell, Oregon
'14 KLR 650

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #7868
tblume
deus ex machina
 
tblume's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: 541
Oddometer: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post
I wish I could, but I can't, so I won't. I get one more week of Mon/Tues as my days off then I switch to 4 tens with Fri-Sun off. The rest of the time I'm here at the Lake or soon to be in North Bend/Coos Bay.
BLM- bureau of lawn maintenance?

Good on ya Mike, hope it all works out, will you have an ADV camp invitational?
__________________
Stoichiometric
tblume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #7869
tblume
deus ex machina
 
tblume's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: 541
Oddometer: 1,467
Suffocate the bivalve riparian fire building- details to follow....
Bucky?
__________________
Stoichiometric
tblume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #7870
peterman
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 12,423
great turn out tonite,,I was glad to see everyone, and Linda too!
Good tidings on the new job Mikey!,,glad to hear that!
Nose to the grindstone and all that,,you worked hard for it,,you deserve it!

We had a very interactive meet-up tonite, with a bit of every kind of conversation thrown in,as different as all the bike that were there,,I'd have happily caught all of it,,but there would have to have been 4 of me to do it!
Thanks to everyone that showed up,,good to see you!
I like the black panels on Marlin's orange KLR,,they look good,,
the silver on silver looks a little French,,but they make good food that looks weird,,and the French built the Statue of Liberty, so it's okay,,,Hey Andy!
HansNfeet,,good to meet your sons, I liked how one looks like Dad, and the other looks like his charming Mom.but,,.they need to trade in those stylish hats for motosickle helmets,,Hiya Annette,
,Oh,, and the bit that Dakez and me were talking about ADV folks coming to yer rescue no matter what,,the only thing I might add to that course of general thought is,, this is the PNWet,,you ain't in Caulifornya anymore.

Ol' Ken had some competition for eldest rider to show up for a while there when Art showed up on his 990,,but I think Ken is a few months older. Whatzzit matter,,yer both older than me and Andy!
Tblume and I went to look at a '70 CB350 after we left the meet-up,,you guys can't ride it!,(maybe Linda,,but not you ff's),,
__________________
peterman
___________________________


"She had legs just like a rainy day,,you'd like to see them clear up!",,EPV
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #7871
RideAbout
Mentally Retired
 
RideAbout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 1,438
Julio/GuateRider will be stopping by tonight on his way home to Guatemala. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765375

After he gets settled in at my place, we'll probably go out for a beer and a bite somewhere to BS about the trip... anyone that wants to join in please do. I need to pick a place.... suggestions?
__________________
West - "Oeste Sanchez"
RideAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #7872
pHelix
Eternal n00b
 
pHelix's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Socialist Nirvana, Orygun
Oddometer: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
great turn out tonite,,I was glad to see everyone, and Linda too!
Good tidings on the new job Mikey!,,glad to hear that!
Nose to the grindstone and all that,,you worked hard for it,,you deserve it!

We had a very interactive meet-up tonite, with a bit of every kind of conversation thrown in,as different as all the bike that were there,,I'd have happily caught all of it,,but there would have to have been 4 of me to do it!
Thanks to everyone that showed up,,good to see you!
I like the black panels on Marlin's orange KLR,,they look good,,
the silver on silver looks a little French,,but they make good food that looks weird,,and the French built the Statue of Liberty, so it's okay,,,Hey Andy!
HansNfeet,,good to meet your sons, I liked how one looks like Dad, and the other looks like his charming Mom.but,,.they need to trade in those stylish hats for motosickle helmets,,Hiya Annette,
,Oh,, and the bit that Dakez and me were talking about ADV folks coming to yer rescue no matter what,,the only thing I might add to that course of general thought is,, this is the PNWet,,you ain't in Caulifornya anymore.

Ol' Ken had some competition for eldest rider to show up for a while there when Art showed up on his 990,,but I think Ken is a few months older. Whatzzit matter,,yer both older than me and Andy!
Tblume and I went to look at a '70 CB350 after we left the meet-up,,you guys can't ride it!,(maybe Linda,,but not you ff's),,
Hmph. Seems like every time I leave town, there's a great meetup. Sorry I missed it, but the scenery and company I've been enjoying has been waaaay worth it!

Sent from my #*&$%! smart phone. Typos free of charge...
__________________
Kevin
just beneath the surface of the mud, there's more mud here... Surprise.

'07 R1200GS, '03 DR-Z400
pHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #7873
Superpacman13
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Superpacman13's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Springfield ORYGUN
Oddometer: 243
Good to hear things worked out for you mike! In other news can someone tell me why this 640 is prone to never work? I was going to do a carb clean last night because it has been sitting for so long. So I attempt to pull the main jet out of the emulsion tube, instead it just breaks off.
__________________
Current lineup
KTM 560 SMR
KTM 200 XC
KTM 640 ADV
Superpacman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #7874
Czechplease
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 218
Quote:
I like the black panels on Marlin's orange KLR,,they look good,,
Thanks for saying so sir...I'm pretty happy with the change as well.
(b'sides...if I HADN'T agreed to trade him, there's no tellin' WHAT would'a happened )
__________________
tried normal...didn't take
--------------------------------------------------
heh heh....yeah, I know buddy....it's just a Klr....I also know it's 28 degrees and foggy as hell....but I'm ridin'
Czechplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #7875
pHelix
Eternal n00b
 
pHelix's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Socialist Nirvana, Orygun
Oddometer: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post
As some of you know, I've had some troubles over the last few years with a lay off and schooling. Today all that hard work got me a sweet job offer from the BLM. My time here at the lake ends Sept 30th and I start with district maintainace on Oct 1st.
Congrats, Mike!!

Does this mean you're moving down that way, or...? Hoping we can still got in the occasional ride together..
__________________
Kevin
just beneath the surface of the mud, there's more mud here... Surprise.

'07 R1200GS, '03 DR-Z400
pHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014