ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #8116
Czechplease
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpacman13 View Post
My bike is all torn apart, figures itsa KTM right? Sending the suspenders off to get a dakar treatment, then we get a high front fender and keep the dual badazz brakes. Start of a KLR killer?
Uh....is this little project keeping you from getting me a price on the crash bars?..........PRIORITIZE son!

Czechplease screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 11:39 AM Reason: jacked-up spelling
Czechplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #8117
Superpacman13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechplease View Post
Uh....is this little project keeping you from getting me a price on the crash bars?..........PRIORITIZE son!
check your pm's
Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #8118
Czechplease
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpacman13 View Post
check your pm's
doh!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #8119
RideAbout
Mentally Retired

Oddometer: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpacman13 View Post
Sending the suspenders off to get a dakar treatment, then we get a high front fender and keep the dual badazz brakes. Start of a KLR killer?
....KLR killer. Anything with more than a Briggs & Stratton 4 horse and two wheels is a KLR killer.

.... from someone who loves his KLR!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #8120
Superpacman13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Old 11-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #8121
Dansrc51
I need a cape....

Oddometer: 1,456
ah the classic orange paint shaker. cool bikes.
Dansrc51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #8122
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,885
Saw this today.

Had coffee under this today.

Too nice to work.

Hwy 36 had a surface of pureed leaves mixed with slime. Made me slow down and look at the scenery. It was 70 deg in Cushman. Best ride ever up 101 from Florence to Ten Mile Ck, only passed one car, every one else was parked at work.

Guess I just got to say.

Naa, NAA!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #8123
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post

Hwy 36 had a surface of pureed leaves mixed with slime. Made me slow down and look at the scenery.
Found something similar on Trask River Road on Sunday. Made me slow down and not look at the scenery.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #8124
CavScout
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Bearcat Lodge

Maybe this is old news for some of you, but if you're planning to ride out east next summer, be aware that the Bearcat Lodge in Seneca is no more. According to an 80-year-old grandmother at the gas station, JW Everitt (the former owner) went bankrupt and skipped the state, and the county sheriff cut a warrant for his arrest should he ever return to Grant County.

A young couple is trying to put together the money to buy the place and run a similar operation...minus the swindling.

Adventures of Man

The Previous Big Trip
CavScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #8125
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout View Post
JW Everitt (the former owner) went bankrupt and skipped the state, and the county sheriff cut a warrant for his arrest should he ever return to Grant County.
He always said he was a stand up guy.

Quote:
minus the swindling.
What was the warrant for?

DireWolf screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 12:37 PM
DireWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #8126
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,063
Where will G-Funk stay now?

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #8127
Miguel Sanchez
Whatever...

Oddometer: 1,030
Quote:
Maybe this is old news for some of you, but if you're planning to ride out east next summer, be aware that the Bearcat Lodge in Seneca is no more. According to an 80-year-old grandmother at the gas station, JW Everitt (the former owner) went bankrupt and skipped the state, and the county sheriff cut a warrant for his arrest should he ever return to Grant County.

A young couple is trying to put together the money to buy the place and run a similar operation...minus the swindling.

Well, if news like this doesn't bring Howard Hughes out of retirement/hiding, nothing will..!!

01 GS1150, 02 WR426F, 04 XR650L, 04 315R, 04 CRF230F, 81 R100RT (S), 56 G80CS, 87 MT11, 71 TS185, 74 98SR, 74 99RT, 76 TL250, 70 MX125, 80 DR400, 80 RS175, 80 RS250, 78 XR75, 74 RD350, 70 CT70, 06 Monster 620 Dark, and about a dozen more I can't think of right now...
Miguel Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #8128
Czechplease
Gnarly Adventurer

In addtion to the Trooper hanging out on the road into Coburg who's apparently taken an interest in chatting with me about my chosen rate of travel...the local John Law is now gunning for me out on Gap Rd.

I've been insulting the prima-facia speed limit every day on the way to/from work. (yeah yeah, I know....I'm not anywhere NEAR as fast as you OFF's but...it's fast to ME) The other day I came tearing around a corner...in the hilly part...and there was a deputy headed the other way. I dropped down and around the corner before he could even get slowed down and I...."maintained my present speed" which allowed me to "relocate" and avoid the inevitable unpleasantries of an introduction.

Tonight...I had two cages ahead of me who were....slowing my progress. I blasted out around the first one...a pesky blue Mini with white stripes. Apparently, I failed to complete the pass before a ding-dang solid yellow line showed up on our side of the road and I found myself on the wrong side of that line for about 150yds. As I RAPIDLY closed on the next white-colored car, I saw...."words"...across the trunk lid in reflective lettering and some sort of auxilliary lighting device positioned on the roof. ("not my friend at this moment" I thought to myself) I dropped my rate of closure, got back in my lane, and kept back waiting to see if he'd noticed the hellish disregard for my fellow motorists.........He had.

His brake lights instantly came on but he then did something I found odd....instead of pulling over for me to pass and then pounce...he just slowed to about 10mph under the limit and kept rolling. So....I slowed accordingly and kept rolling. He dropped speed and then picked it back up at least five more times. I matched him each time before he really accelerated and opened the distance between us and then pulled into a driveway and immediately shifted into reverse. I had no options available so I rolled past and waited for him to initiate the stop....and watched with glee as he backed out and WENT THE OTHER DIRECTION! I don't know what type of call he got nor do I care...I'm just glad a fellow citizen needed his attention more urgently than he felt I did.

The point of all this is....obviously....if I had some additional lighting I would have SEEN the warning written across his trunk lid before I blasted damn near up on top of him. So, tomorrow I order the crash bars...aka....LED light mounts. Superpacman13 has graciously agreed to 'monitor' the install since I'm NOT mechanically inclined. ("monitor" basically means he'll watch me fumble around for 10 or 15 seconds and then rip the tools from my hands and shove me aside out of sheer frustration and.....not surprisingly....I'm ok with that)

As soon as the bars are on, and...provided I'm not in the graybar hotel or stuck halfway through a deer...I'll get the LED's from tblume and it'll all be groovy on the lighting front.

I'd also like to use this post to introduce a non-tax deductible charity I'm sure you'll all want to support. It's called the "Czechplease Won't Do Well in Prison Due to Wreckless Driving" Fund.

and as with other worthy charities......"Give till it hurts".
Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #8129
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,349
wonder what became of the foot biter?
did JW take 'em with??,,or turn them loose to find their own freedom, as free as a great guitar player and KTM rider as he was! No really,, he was!
one of the most awesome KTM riders in that part of the state!,HARDCORE!,just ask him!,,he could start out a couple hours behind you on any given track or road, and be back before he even left, while you are still getting yer helmet on!
ASK HIM!
Oh, wait!,,,he's on the lam?
Dang!
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #8130
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,997
Spent several hours with G tonight, and reintroduced him to his Katoom- sans fuel pukage, and air in the tire and electrons in the battery!

Marlin my man, that number for Ryan is what you want- they're making an order tomorrow i think.
513-89fourty.

tblume is offline   Reply With Quote