ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #9031
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,987
G: Did they say why, Willard, why they want to terminate my command?
Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.
G: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
G: Are my methods unsound?
Willard: I don't see any method at all, sir.
G: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?
Willard: I'm a soldier.
G: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #9032
Capo Rick
Please understand...

Oddometer: 1,466
saturday

"Nobody ever sells their bikes at Guzzi rallies........ But the upside is that you may get into a good fight and have the opportunity to have sex with some-being of a different species."-Pete Roper
Capo Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #9033
Starkmojo
Chief Totberry

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Rick View Post
Big Bike - Small Ride Saturday

Anybody who is interested....

Meet at the Noti gas station and fill with clear at 11:00 am

Up to 36 and out to the coast

Down to Reedsport and back on the Lower Smith River route- or some variation - caus it's been awhile since I rode this west to east

I'll be there with my dirty, black Aprilia
Working myself but I love that road west to east... Have fun!
Rule number one kid is don't be a dumbass like your old man
Starkmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #9034
Ed
Which way did he go?

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
saturday

Doh! I'm on call this weekend. No rides for me.

Where in the world is Ed? My Spot page.
Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #9035
*REGO*
Commited Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Big Bike - Small Ride Saturday

Anybody who is interested....

Meet at the Noti gas station and fill with clear at 11:00 am

Up to 36 and out to the coast

Down to Reedsport and back on the Lower Smith River route- or some variation - caus it's been awhile since I rode this west to east

I'll be there with my dirty, black Aprilia
Duty calls, must visit Mom this weekend. The wife and I will ride the RT to Myltle Creek via Territorial Road and 99. I'll take a rain check.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #9036
Ed
Which way did he go?

Memorial Weekend Trip

Thinking about including at least some of the above route, Myrtle Creek-Canyonville Tour Route, in a Memorial Weekend ride/camp trip. Anyone spent time in that area? There are a few covered bridges in the area I want to visit. Thoughts, suggestions? Open to all comers. I'll probably find some really stupid places to take a GS.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #9037
Capo Rick
Please understand...

Oddometer: 1,466
Saturday pucker

So I ended up solo on the trip to the coast and back,....... You all had more responsible things to do, like Mom's Day stuff, and tooth pullin' and wedding receptions, and work.....

On the way west from my place in Cottage Grove, not 5 miles into the curves of CG-Lorane highway....... Some tweaker boy decides to blow a right hander, and over corrected when he was avoiding me and another car in front of me.

Screeeeeeech.....fump!....... Upside down in the brush -in the ditch on his right side of the road!

We stopped in time to watch in disbelief as he climbed out of the overturned car and told us he was okay........only to crawl back in the car to get rid of his "stash"...... ( He told us he was looking for his phone)What a fucktard! He was obviously hopped up on something, and was more concered with rummaging around in his overturned, brush filled car, than anything else- Fortunately, there was no one else inside.

Ambulance came, and sent us on our way, while looking over the punk. I took off and proceeded to get Madder and madder as I headed west. Fucking asshole could've killed me or someone!!!

I continued on the trip to hwy 36 and then the coast.......by the Time I was in Reedsport, I had calmed down......

Jeesus........I don't know why I'm such a disaster magnet! This is not the first time that I've had to be around carnage. ( some of you will remember)

"Nobody ever sells their bikes at Guzzi rallies........ But the upside is that you may get into a good fight and have the opportunity to have sex with some-being of a different species."-Pete Roper
Capo Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #9038
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Quote:
So I ended up solo on the trip to the coast and back,....... You all had more responsible things to do, like Mom's Day stuff, and tooth pullin' and wedding receptions, and work.....

On the way west from my place in Cottage Grove, not 5 miles into the curves of CG-Lorane highway....... Some tweaker boy decides to blow a right hander, and over corrected when he was avoiding me and another car in front of me.

Screeeeeeech.....fump!....... Upside down in the brush -in the ditch on his right side of the road!

We stopped in time to watch in disbelief as he climbed out of the overturned car and told us he was okay........only to crawl back in the car to get rid of his "stash"...... ( He told us he was looking for his phone)What a fucktard! He was obviously hopped up on something, and was more concered with rummaging around in his overturned, brush filled car, than anything else- Fortunately, there was no one else inside.

Ambulance came, and sent us on our way, while looking over the punk. I took off and proceeded to get Madder and madder as I headed west. Fucking asshole could've killed me or someone!!!

I continued on the trip to hwy 36 and then the coast.......by the Time I was in Reedsport, I had calmed down......

Jeesus........I don't know why I'm such a disaster magnet! This is not the first time that I've had to be around carnage. ( some of you will remember)
I worked from 6-11am this morning, came home and defrosted a years worth of freezer build up, watched some golf and drank a few beers then ate dinner. You win.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #9039
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
I worked from 6-11am this morning, came home and defrosted a years worth of freezer build up, watched some golf and drank a few beers then ate dinner. You win.
I soaked in the Hot Tub, watched "Gold Fever"(Silver City,Idaho episode), fiddled with the 650 in the shop, installed a screen door, stared at the Ural for a while, went to Quackers for lunch, made a parts run to Lowes, Drove the Adventure Mower for three hours, washed mower and ate dinner.

Glad to hear the Asshat didn't take you out today Capo. I don't know what is in the water but people are driving extra shitty recently.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #9040
Ed
Which way did he go?

So, I'm not the only one who thinks people are driving extra nutty. Must be the early heat. Yesterday I spent 4 hours in the shop catching up on paperwork. Installed a new tool tube as well.
Maybe I should glue on a roundel. Today it's bike maintenance and take the wife and kid out for mothers day brunch.

Ed screwed with this post 05-12-2013 at 07:58 PM
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #9041
oremike
Motorcyclest

Oddometer: 2,389
crazy shit

It's not just you Rick, this yahoo moved a boulder to get into a still closed campground, was cutting cookies close enough to spray the NW Youth Corps tents with gravel and then parked funny. The next day when the BLM LEO was investigating the kid showed up saying someone stole his Dad's truck. Interesting that the keys were still in the ignition and the kid knew right where to find the truck....I'll bet Daddy's pissed not just for the truck damage but because Federal tickets are expensive and there should be a laundry list of them.

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #9042
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,330
"then parked funny"
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #9043
beemerron
machine washable

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRidesBikes View Post

Thinking about including at least some of the above route, Myrtle Creek-Canyonville Tour Route, in a Memorial Weekend ride/camp trip. Anyone spent time in that area? There are a few covered bridges in the area I want to visit. Thoughts, suggestions? Open to all comers. I'll probably find some really stupid places to take a GS.
I rode a very similar route last week. It's a nice loop. 70% paved. Some good suggestions here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883668

beemerron screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 04:38 PM Reason: added link
beemerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #9044
linkweewee
tantum quantum

10 wings for $3.00 and $2.75 pints at Quackers tonite.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #9045
Ed
Which way did he go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerron View Post
I rode a very similar route last week. It's a nice loop. 70% paved. Some good suggestions here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883668
Excellent suggestions. I probably have ridden some of them without knowing. More explorin to do.