ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #9061
Easy-Z
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post
May 19th 1988 was my last day drinking Thought this was appropriate today;
You've been NOT drinking for much longer than I have been drinking....

Let's see, there's gotta be a smiley around here....

Nope

Damn

Sunova.....

There it is. Well done, sir. Good for you.
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #9062
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 12,820
Yeah,,but Mikey doesn't fall out of his chair repeatedly around the campfire either!

He's just no fun!,,

peterman screwed with this post 05-20-2013 at 09:19 PM
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #9063
Easy-Z
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
Yeah,,but Mikey doesn't fall out of his chair repeatedly around the campfire either!

He's just no fun!,,
Man....ya fuck ONE sheep....

It appears I'll never live that evening down...
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #9064
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 10,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-Z View Post
Man....ya fuck ONE sheep....

It appears I'll never live that evening down...
Can you be more specific?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #9065
Czechplease
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
It just got darker outside and something's drumming loudly on the roof of my office...and the Klr's getting a nice rinse.

Where'd all the bikes go? Didn't see a single one on the way into work this morning! Is it just me or do the cager's seem to want to drive CLOSER to my back tire when it's raining? WTF?!?

I missed last meeting where I had intended to ask for opinions on "Ride On" puncture sealant. Yes? No?....how come?
I'd ask tomorrow at the meet-up but with all this rain, I'm afraid nobody will show except folks in metal cans and WTH would THEY know about motorcycle stuff?
Czechplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #9066
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechplease View Post
It just got darker outside and something's drumming loudly on the roof of my office...and the Klr's getting a nice rinse.

Where'd all the bikes go? Didn't see a single one on the way into work this morning! Is it just me or do the cager's seem to want to drive CLOSER to my back tire when it's raining? WTF?!?

I missed last meeting where I had intended to ask for opinions on "Ride On" puncture sealant. Yes? No?....how come?
I'd ask tomorrow at the meet-up but with all this rain, I'm afraid nobody will show except folks in metal cans and WTH would THEY know about motorcycle stuff?
I have a free pair of winter riding gloves for you. One finger needs a little stitching but otherwise they're in great shape and I know how much KLR owners like free stuff...
Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #9067
Miguel Sanchez
Whatever...

Oddometer: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
I have a free pair of winter riding gloves for you. One finger smells funny but otherwise they're in great shape and I know how much KLR owners like stinky shit...

Fixed it for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01 GS1150, 02 WR426F, 04 XR650L, 04 315R, 04 CRF230F, 81 R100RT (S), 56 G80CS, 87 MT11, 71 TS185, 74 98SR, 74 99RT, 76 TL250, 70 MX125, 80 DR400, 80 RS175, 80 RS250, 78 XR75, 74 RD350, 70 CT70, 06 Monster 620 Dark, and about a dozen more I can't think of right now...
Miguel Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #9068
RideAbout
Mentally Retired

Oddometer: 1,531
Quote:
IMHO for Ride-on.... streetbike=maybe, dualsport=no. Makes a mess and will make patching difficult if not impossible. Better have a spare tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
Fixed it for ya!
Yes, KiLLeR riders do like stinky shit....that's why we ride with folks like Miguel "Butt Trumpet" Sanchez.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #9069
Czechplease
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
lww.....thanks in advance....I DO like 'free stuff'! My wife'll be able to repair 'em easy. Hope you have little girly hands like I do so they'll fit.

MSanchez....damn yer hide!...if you knew how OCD I am you'd understand that now I will have to disassemble the gloves to their basic components, place them in a sterile vacuum environment, and expose them to lethal doses of radiation in order to kill any possible contaminants.
You're like the kid who's jealous of the other kid's new Hot Wheels car so he wipes a booger on it.
(I sure miss that car)

RA....uh, "spare tube"?....hellooooooo, I'm the guy who can't get pics posted on here....remember?!? I'm willing to deal with a little "mess" if it means I get to ride back to civilizashun as opposed to spending the night out in the woods hugging my bike and whimpering.
uh...I mean....I'm a man and sh_t so it's all good.
Czechplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #9070
RideAbout
Mentally Retired

Oddometer: 1,531
Quote:
I'm willing to deal with a little "mess" if it means I get to ride back to civilizashun as opposed to spending the night out in the woods hugging my bike and whimpering.
The mess is trying to fix the tube if it's toast.... like Junior Bob from our ride a few years ago.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #9071
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,667
that puncture sealant only works for small stuff- bigger stuff, like say a 16d framing nail will poke the hell out of your goo filled tube- making it messy when you put your spare in.

ask how I know....
Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #9072
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 10,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblume View Post
ask how I know....
How do you know?

Old 05-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #9073
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
How do you know?

so I get home one fine day, and think to myself: "self, you are out of beer; but that scrambler out there has a new fangled re-porpoised aal you minium top box onnit, let's see what she can carry."

fast forward to the first intersection from my place- a good half mile distant and another half to the quik-E-mart, when rolling all california style through the sign, and !poink-shimmy! goes the back end, and I think "self, you just rolled over a big rock or sumpin... or, waitaminnit, that shimmy is getting worser and the back end is getting lower, and aaw damn." and into the quikEmart lot I roll.

where I find....

wait for it...

big ol' 16 penny vinyl sinker head a poking outta the tread, dead centre on that newish Avon

and after I ascertained that a 18 pack of talls will indeed fit in the case with the lid closed, and rolled all ghetto slo back to the crib, and pop that rubber off I find it semi-full of this grey slimy stuff and no way in hell will it seal the gaping gash in the tube.

good story?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #9074
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 12,820
t'was up until you had to go and filthy it all up with the "gaping gash",, comment!
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #9075
Miguel Sanchez
Whatever...

Oddometer: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post
The mess is trying to fix the tube if it's toast.... like Junior Bob from our ride a few years ago.

Good times - I miss that guy!! Wanted to choke the shit out of him that day, but that he's gone I kinda miss him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01 GS1150, 02 WR426F, 04 XR650L, 04 315R, 04 CRF230F, 81 R100RT (S), 56 G80CS, 87 MT11, 71 TS185, 74 98SR, 74 99RT, 76 TL250, 70 MX125, 80 DR400, 80 RS175, 80 RS250, 78 XR75, 74 RD350, 70 CT70, 06 Monster 620 Dark, and about a dozen more I can't think of right now...
Miguel Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote