User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
KTMSprocket OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 890
Adventure Bike Bargains Thread - Recession Parasites

Post the bargains you have seen around the traps...due to the recession we had to have....
Old 12-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Trang
... 2nd last to the Sweep

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMSprocket
the recession we had to have....
... wasn't that one around 15 years ago?

I thought this one was because of the "Global Credit Crisis"
Old 12-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
hattah79

Oddometer: 882
Same girl Differant dress
hattah79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #4
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMSprocket
Post the bargains you have seen around the traps...due to the recession we had to have....
No this is not the recession we had to have...

It was gods will

Queensland LABOR MP James Bidgood,
"I believe when Christians pray, God does things. I believe what is happening today is as much to do with God in economics bringing judgement."

He goes on to warn that "there is God's justice in action in what has gone on here".

"I believe there is God's justice in action in what is going on here. We haven't seen the end of it. The ultimate conclusion is like I say, we look at Bible prophecy, we are going towards a one world bank and a one world monetary system. And if you believe the word of God and you read Revelations...you will see clearly what is being spelt out. We are in the end times."

God must bless the Labor preselection process
Old 12-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 4,600
sidetrack one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #6
BurnieM
Nipple boy

Oddometer: 4,104
The vultures are hovering. Where are the bargains ?

Some here - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411934
BurnieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #7
MOLAHS
Sisyphus

Oddometer: 1,654
WTF is GOD ????????????????????????????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan

It was gods will

"I believe when Christians pray, God does things. I believe what is happening today is as much to do with God in economics bringing judgement."

He goes on to warn that "there is God's justice in action in what has gone on here".

"I believe there is God's justice in action in what is going on here. We haven't seen the end of it. The ultimate conclusion is like I say, we look at Bible prophecy, we are going towards a one world bank and a one world monetary system. And if you believe the word of God and you read Revelations...you will see clearly what is being spelt out. We are in the end times."

I'll bet this sets the cats among the pidgeons ? But do please enlighten me.
MOLAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:01 AM   #8
davorallyfan
Commonist

Pissed

I reckon there are gonna be heaps.

My favorite suzuki dealer (small) has about 5 second hand weestroms and 4 newies on the floor. The bike shop is bursting - no ones buying second hand.

IMO heres gonna be a lot of discounting and that includes blue and orange stuff.

As most riders are hobbyists (weekend riders) they are ageing and well healed they will buy new and there will be plenty of second hand low k bargains.

With less riders entering the market and Asia manufacturing of all brands theres gonna be some Crazy crazy crazy, walking out the door... all buy themselves prices.

However Velocette prices remain high
Old 12-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #9
lentil
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,205
Quote:
With less riders entering the market and Asia manufacturing of all brands theres gonna be some Crazy crazy crazy, walking out the door... all buy themselves prices.
Davo do you think less riders?? I think given that peak oil is only a blip away and people generally feel the need to buy something in their life and the two big ticket items of cars and Houses are sort of off the list people may came back to the humble motorbycycle?? cause it will reduce pressure on thir fuel bill and release the need for that extra car therby opening up some cash!!

and whola we have a heap of bikes out the door!! its only a theory and hell I am wrong so many other times a day I wont go to die in a ditch over this theory!!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #10
lentil
All round nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davorallyfan and all things phantasmagorical in music lyrics
my girl friday she no square She like lotus blossom in her hair Be-bop records and something new
Sometimes borrowed but she´s never blue

Bryan ferry - jeez you had my brain working overtime!!!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #11
davorallyfan
Commonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil
Davo do you think less riders?? I think given that peak oil is only a blip away and people generally feel the need to buy something in their life and the two big ticket items of cars and Houses are sort of off the list people may came back to the humble motorbycycle?? cause it will reduce pressure on thir fuel bill and release the need for that extra car therby opening up some cash!!

and whola we have a heap of bikes out the door!! its only a theory and hell I am wrong so many other times a day I wont go to die in a ditch over this theory!!
Some good points - I have no data to support my assertions.

I'd like more to be riding but I dont think its going to happen.

I reckon most folk will be choosing the path of least resistance ...little cars, hybrids which should be starting to come on stream in a big way in a few years time.

Most arent up to riding.

So this is how I argue my cheap bikes theory.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #12
davorallyfan
Commonist

How dif the floods treat you Lentil?

I got a mate with a farm out form Gunadah - His names Neil he rides an old R80G/S and a new 1200GS. Nice guy ... bit strange tho, he irons his underpants.

Yeah Tokoyo Joe.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #13
lentil
All round nice guy

Quote:
Some good points - I have no data to support my assertions.

I'd like more to be riding but I dont think its going to happen.

I reckon most folk will be choosing the path of least resistance ...little cars, hybrids which should be starting to come on stream in a big way in a few years time.

Most arent up to riding.

So this is how I argue my cheap bikes theory.
Yeah I would like to see more riding for many many reasons environementally and socially!!

I wont go into the full tirade here but on the bike I feel part of the landscape - you feel the change in temperature as you hit a gully line in the winter - in summer time I can smell the sorghum producing alcohol in the paddocks it just feels awesome more people should soak it up - I reckon going to get bread and milk on the bike is one of the best stress relevers a man can have!!

We just cant afford to drive patrols and cruisers for ever (mind you my work prado gets better mileage than my personal honda CRV) and bikes are a better option!!

Floods where ok, I took water samples all the way down the Namoi Today from gunnedah to just out of walgett and will do the same on sunday or monday,put water over the bonnet of the prado and got a look of death from my boss - I just replied its insured and they float pretty well so we should be right!!

I heard that they one family still had about 20000 acres of wheat they are trying to get off they had 15000 off but this last lot of rain will mean the wheat will spring and shoot talk about break your heart first crop in 8 years and know it will shoot !!

Abot 400 metres from the house ( I was considering floaties for the Dogs)

Just down the road a bit

this is the fourmile TSR (travelling stock reserve) about 200 head of cattle where in here amazingly they had been on the road for 2.5 years going round in circles to walgett and back!!

flood waters on the mighty Mooki River

and last but not least waters going under the bluvale bridge (next to fourmile) the water usually sits to the left of those eucs in small degraded and sinous gravel bed!

Apple fanboy

Quote:

lentil screwed with this post 12-05-2008 at 12:54 AM
Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #14
clarky
05' 640 Adv

Oddometer: 460
Quote:

It was gods will

What did god think about him photographing a man pouring petrol on himself and then trying to light himself up. AND then selling the photo's to a newspaper

Oh yes this is an extremely moral individual

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,,24747582-2,00.html
Old 12-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #15
davorallyfan
Commonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarky
What did god think about him photographing a man pouring petrol on himself and then trying to light himself up. AND then selling the photo's to a newspaper

Oh yes this is an extremely moral individual

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,,24747582-2,00.html
Queensland is gods country

Room of mirrors

Or lost?