Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
specterunseenHouston OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Lane Sharing In Texas

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...t=lane+sharing

Please review this fellow riders. I'm actually trying to help spread support and knowledge about this potential benefit. It would be a major step forward in recognizing the advantage of motorcycles and the legitimate place in transportation. I fear that without anybody helping me spread the word and support, that it will die in committee again. Please review the post above. In the post (some on the next pages); you'll find a draft letter so you don't have to write it, the way to directly send it your state rep email.

Please respond to this posting if you took action on this so we can see what type of actual change people are taking step to help.

As I stated in my post on motohouston, this isn't the place to DEBATE lane sharing. Even if you won't lane split, you should support the right for motorcyclists to move through traffic on 100 degree days instead of sitting in a long line. So even if you won't use it, help me spread the word please!
specterunseenHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
dan-c
Back

Oddometer: 13,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by specterunseenHouston
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...t=lane+sharing

Please review this fellow riders. I'm actually trying to help spread support and knowledge about this potential benefit. It would be a major step forward in recognizing the advantage of motorcycles and the legitimate place in transportation. I fear that without anybody helping me spread the word and support, that it will die in committee again. Please review the post above. In the post (some on the next pages); you'll find a draft letter so you don't have to write it, the way to directly send it your state rep email.

Please respond to this posting if you took action on this so we can see what type of actual change people are taking step to help.

As I stated in my post on motohouston, this isn't the place to DEBATE lane sharing. Even if you won't lane split, you should support the right for motorcyclists to move through traffic on 100 degree days instead of sitting in a long line. So even if you won't use it, help me spread the word please!

Telling a Texas State Legislator that they do something in California we can't do in Texas is pretty dumb
- In Memory of Amanda Cassady
dan-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,647
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
specterunseenHouston OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
wow. So much for thinking you guys would be interested in taking a step forward on this. Thanks for the absolute waste of time posts.

i'll keep browsing trying to find some other communities I guess that have more interest in making a difference. Best wishes and I hope some of you guys take a step forward to simply send a letter and spread the word on some other forums. Making a difference, even a small one, can't hurt for our rights.
specterunseenHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #5
dan-c
Back

Oddometer: 13,565
Quote:
wow. So much for thinking you guys would be interested in taking a step forward on this. Thanks for the absolute waste of time posts.

You're welcome

Quote:
i'll keep browsing trying to find some other communities I guess that have more interest in making a difference. Best wishes and I hope some of you guys take a step forward to simply send a letter and spread the word on some other forums. Making a difference, even a small one, can't hurt for our rights
What I'm saying is that you are not sticking to the merits of the debate. By telling a lawmaker that some other state or country does it is not a factor or a valid reason for them to consider it

It can be introduced into the debate but not based on that

That's a juvenile assessment that I learned along time ago, when I'd ask my parents whether I could do something they thought was risky or not. Generally follwed up by "If John jumped off the bridge you would too?"
- In Memory of Amanda Cassady
dan-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
little foot
Scratch and Sniff

Oddometer: 5,131
Don't hold back tell it like it is..
Old 12-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #7
Tman66
Smellin' da cow poop

Oddometer: 7,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-c
Telling a Texas State Legislator that they do something in California we can't do in Texas is pretty dumb
Remember that bumper sticker "I don't give a fuck how they do it in California"?
Tman66 is offline   Reply With Quote