Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #91
Bucko
In a parallel world

Oddometer: 808
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbit
They are the 8" Jesse Odyssey II. I think that the tank panniers are the 28 liter bags by Sun Tour out of Salt Lake City.
I thought the rounded ones were the Safaris.

From the Jesse site: "The F650/800 bags come in two sizes; 10" Odyssey II and 8" Safari (more rounded)."
Bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #92
Frostbit
Is it cold in here?

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucko
I thought the rounded ones were the Safaris.

From the Jesse site: "The F650/800 bags come in two sizes; 10" Odyssey II and 8" Safari (more rounded)."
mY bAd...I just looked on the cover of the instructions and it had Odyssey but you are correct they are indeed 8" Safari bags. The tank panniers are made by Sun Mountain Touring Company and they're the 28L.

Check out WWW.RideDualSport.com forum.
Frostbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #93
AirDoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
BMW "Adventure" aluminum panniers for 800GS

Great thread! I thought I'd add my photos of recently purchased aluminum adventure panniers. Yes they are expensive, but they are really cool. Even though they are wide, in reality it's only a difference of a few inches between all panniers. The height is an important factor to me for adventure riding. I don't want my feet getting caught while paddling. The Jesse's are a nice bag, but I completely trashed mine on a 650GS single on the continental divide 2 years ago. Luckily I was unscathed, but the Jesse's were essentially irreparable.

My guess at volume on the 800GS panniers is that they are a few liters smaller than the 12GS ADV version because of some extra cutout on the tank fill side. But the difference isn't huge, maybe 5 liters? Either way they are substantially larger than the vario's and the mount is much nicer. Total install tie on these is about 45 minutes (really, no kidding). That included removing my tail safe. And the TT aluminum rack still works. In my haste I didn't weigh everything, but the cans are really light (probably lighter than the varios and I'm sure lighter than the Jesse's. The rack is pretty heavy. I'm pairing mine with my trust tailsafe. I use the tailsafe only for commuting and will use the big cans for shopping and trips. My 800GS is also my daily commuter.

One big advantage of the BMW panniers that I haven't seen mentioned is same key. I like having one key for my luggage and ignition. It just makes life easier to have fewer keys to muck with. I also think the 22+ inches of clearance (unladen bike/bags, and off center stand) is an advantage over the Jesse's. But the decision was tough for me. The same key system and ease of taking the cans on and off pushed the decision toward this system for me.

AirDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #94
DiabloBlanco
Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer: 301
Very nice. Definitely looks the cats pajamas.
By the by, where did you get that nifty little moto dude sticker? Looks a slight bit better than the ADV Dude sticker guy...
US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #95
AirDoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
Very nice. Definitely looks the cats pajamas.
By the by, where did you get that nifty little moto dude sticker? Looks a slight bit better than the ADV Dude sticker guy...
The moto dude is from my local dealer (AS Cycles in Roseville, CA). $5/pair. It was the only GS version I could find on the rack and it said it's an 11GSA. Not sure if they have more.
AirDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 AM   #96
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,721
New panniers from Touratech:

There's lots of bits and pieces to attach to them.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #97
Lindeberg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Has anyone seen the price for the new TT Pro-panniers?

Probably not cheaper than the "original" Zega...
Lindeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #98
swolf
swolf

Oddometer: 51
Anyone with the TT 41 41 special boxes? Any feedback, reviews???

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/sh...892Cnnx32404E8
swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #99
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,789
Yes, can't seem to find any info on the Zega Pro cases. Price and availability?
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:08 AM   #100
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolf

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=324
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #101
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,789
Just ordered the Happy Trails 7.5" Teton cliff cut boxes. $733 shipped.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #102
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,650
Stelvio

Looks like Guzzi is using the Trax bags as factory.

Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #103
swolf
swolf

Quote:
Stelvio, that Guzzi is beautiful!!!

Yep, read that one. I'm really not a big fan of TT products, think they are way over priced. I was looking at the TT 41/41 special planners but read bad things about the welds. I bought my first TT product about a month ago, the HID left side light and was very unimpressed with the quality. The light is nice but I can't aim it properly (tried every different way) as something is a bit off with the mounting plate. They also provide tape for the relay - instructions have it screwed. When I inquired directly to TT about my aiming issue they simply never replied. For the prices they charge things should be spot on and customer service should be just that.

Long story short, I'd really not like to buy anymore TT products but feel the TT Special system 41/41 would be the best for width, usage and overall long term satisfaction. If I'm understanding pricing correctly, the TT are less expensive than the BMW adventure cases - which are my second choice. Why two aluminum boxes, plus hardware are over $1,700 I don't know? I'm not buying the TT.

Maybe the Trax
Old 03-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #104
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,650
Boxes

Why not the Hepco-Beckers? 1000$ Canadian. Their new Explorer cases look nice as well but no price yet.

Quote:
Stelvio, that Guzzi is beautiful!!!

Yep, read that one. I'm really not a big fan of TT products, think they are way over priced. I was looking at the TT 41/41 special planners but read bad things about the welds. I bought my first TT product about a month ago, the HID left side light and was very unimpressed with the quality. The light is nice but I can't aim it properly (tried every different way) as something is a bit off with the mounting plate. They also provide tape for the relay - instructions have it screwed. When I inquired directly to TT about my aiming issue they simply never replied. For the prices they charge things should be spot on and customer service should be just that.

Long story short, I'd really not like to buy anymore TT products but feel the TT Special system 41/41 would be the best for width, usage and overall long term satisfaction. If I'm understanding pricing correctly, the TT are less expensive than the BMW adventure cases - which are my second choice. Why two aluminum boxes, plus hardware are over $1,700 I don't know? I'm not buying the TT.

Maybe the Trax
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #105
swolf
swolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley
Why not the Hepco-Beckers? 1000$ Canadian. Their new Explorer cases look nice as well but no price yet.
They look nice thread 4, http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1732179 but I think they are going to be really really wide.

I also like the Jessies http://www.jesseluggage.com/f650-800.html