ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #61
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
sachs madass 125 coming to a town near you

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfrank
Are you the only dealer in the USA.

Anybody in the southeast ?
no we are not the only , but we are the home of the madass! you can look at the pierspeed / cobrasales website for a dealer locator, and track down a madass dealer near you. they are a great company for us to work with as far as support goes. they have brought in the TGB brand of scooters that we also sell for years, and have been awesome in the support from top to bottom! the sachs madass will have great support after the sale. the old importer for the last three years used to make me pull my hair out. the folks at pierspeed know how to run a powersports operation, and i am sure that they will take the sachs madass to a whole new level here in the usa. http://www.cobrasales.com/
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #62
D-FENS
Noobalicious
 
D-FENS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Whammy Burger
Oddometer: 406
What's the actual cruise & top speed of the stock 125?

The claimed top speed seems to vary between 50-70 mph depending on which site you look at and none list a realistic cruise speed, I can't see the motor lasting long with a 200# rider holding the motor at WOT just to do 50mph.
__________________
I'm eating my head
D-FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #63
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
sachs madass 125 is great commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphWiggum
What's the actual cruise & top speed of the stock 125?

The claimed top speed seems to vary between 50-70 mph depending on which site you look at and none list a realistic cruise speed, I can't see the motor lasting long with a 200# rider holding the motor at WOT just to do 50mph.
i have rode the 125 sachs madass that was brought into the country for the dealer expo last winter. we got to keep the bike here at moto-scoot for over a month this spring to evaluate it, and i rode it quite a few times. the 125 madass pulls through the entire rev-range very smoothly, and has lots of low-end grunt. the engine, and tranny are extremely smooth and also very quiet. this is one really nice little motor! the bike cruised at 50mph quite efortlessly, and topped out in the low 60s. the madass had plenty of power to pull a taller gearing, and i thought that a simple switch to a bigger front sprocket could have got the bike to 70mph. doing this would not hurt the take-off ability because the first gear in the tranny is pretty low. this is a honda motor that is built by honda / jailing. you should be able to rack-up some big milage on this little critter. the 49cc madass honda / jailing motors have been bullet proof for us the past three years. http://world.honda.com/JialingHondaMotors/
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #64
D-FENS
Noobalicious
 
D-FENS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Whammy Burger
Oddometer: 406
What size rider? Flat road?
__________________
I'm eating my head
D-FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #65
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
sachs madass 125 test ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-FENS
What size rider? Flat road?
i am 200lbs and the terrain in milwaukee has some nice steep streets along lake michigan where our shop is very close to. on the rides that i took the 125 madass on, i was very impressed with the way the bike pulled. the power was not abrupt wheelie type power by any means, but rather was an enduro type power. it felt like you could not bog it down, and it would just pull really strong. that was why i said that i thought it could pull a taller gearing quite easily, and a bigger front sprocket would give it another 10mph in 4th gear. i think that people underestimate what these bikes can do. it only wieghs 209lbs and rolls on 16inch tubeless tires. to sum it up----50mph all day. this is the perfect commuter bike! we also make cargo racks for the madass.
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #66
D-FENS
Noobalicious
 
D-FENS's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Whammy Burger
Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-scoot bill
i am 200lbs and the terrain in milwaukee has some nice steep streets along lake michigan where our shop is very close to. on the rides that i took the 125 madass on, i was very impressed with the way the bike pulled. the power was not abrupt wheelie type power by any means, but rather was an enduro type power. it felt like you could not bog it down, and it would just pull really strong. that was why i said that i thought it could pull a taller gearing quite easily, and a bigger front sprocket would give it another 10mph in 4th gear. i think that people underestimate what these bikes can do. it only wieghs 209lbs and rolls on 16inch tubeless tires. to sum it up----50mph all day. this is the perfect commuter bike! we also make cargo racks for the madass.
Your website says 220.6 dry?

If there was a dealer around I would like to try one to see what it can do, but being one of (if not the) first to plunk down that kind of cash w/o a ride and sight unseen is pretty hard despite the hard sell. How about posting up some good quality basic videos of this thing without all the goofy music that actually show it's ability around town. Like maybe a camera mounted to catch the front view (including speedo/tach) of a normal sized guy dealing with typical traffic around Hwy 100 and Bluemound, a ride up FDL Ave or 27th street in some high speed city traffic (I grew up in MKE) would show the real deal.


Things like that might impress me more than the hardcore sales pitch, I'm honestly not trying to be punchy with you but I see ya hawking these things all over the net right now on the various forums and it's a bit much without being able to see for myself. Strap a camera on and get out there so we can see the traffic, the actual speeds, hear the motor working and how much shifting needs to be done to get there. How about a night run as well to show those projector beams throw out anything more than marginal light.

BTW that reminds me of a few more questions. Is the fuel tank/frame sealed on the inside in any way or is it just bare? Whats the deal with the digital gauge? Is there a tach on there or is it just speedo & odo? Can we get some better pix of it as well as better info? Same goes for the switchgear, I have read in more than one forum from owners claiming that its pretty cheesy but without much to go on other than comments it's hard to know. How about lots more and better detailed (hi-res) pictures of the bike up close showing... well... everything.

__________________
I'm eating my head
D-FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #67
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
Cool2 125 madass arrives in the usa in january 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-FENS
Your website says 220.6 dry?

If there was a dealer around I would like to try one to see what it can do, but being one of (if not the) first to plunk down that kind of cash w/o a ride and sight unseen is pretty hard despite the hard sell. How about posting up some good quality basic videos of this thing without all the goofy music that actually show it's ability around town. Like maybe a camera mounted to catch the front view (including speedo/tach) of a normal sized guy dealing with typical traffic around Hwy 100 and Bluemound, a ride up FDL Ave or 27th street in some high speed city traffic (I grew up in MKE) would show the real deal.


Things like that might impress me more than the hardcore sales pitch, I'm honestly not trying to be punchy with you but I see ya hawking these things all over the net right now on the various forums and it's a bit much without being able to see for myself. Strap a camera on and get out there so we can see the traffic, the actual speeds, hear the motor working and how much shifting needs to be done to get there. How about a night run as well to show those projector beams throw out anything more than marginal light.

BTW that reminds me of a few more questions. Is the fuel tank/frame sealed on the inside in any way or is it just bare? Whats the deal with the digital gauge? Is there a tach on there or is it just speedo & odo? Can we get some better pix of it as well as better info? Same goes for the switchgear, I have read in more than one forum from owners claiming that its pretty cheesy but without much to go on other than comments it's hard to know. How about lots more and better detailed (hi-res) pictures of the bike up close showing... well... everything.

o.k mr. core.....here ya go with some answers. the madass 125 will be here in january,so i could not take a video of the bikes performance right now if i wanted to. i attached a utube video from who knows where to this reply, but yes i do need to do a professional documetary when they get here. the bike is actually 220lbs. the misprint is from the sachs corporate print copy for the usa. thanks for pointing that out. the tank is sealed and has a reserve. the speedo is digital with a blue backlit guage that reads mph , trip , lapcounter, odometer, nuetral, highbeams. the old controls were cheesy---the new ones are very high quality. the older bikes from the old importer [ all madasses sold in the usa were 2006 models] had tube type tires. new ones have tubeless. stronger footpeg holders and various bolts, and brass bushings throughout the bike have been beefed up as well. the rims have polished lips, and of course ,the seat and handle bars are much better and give a better rider position. as far as the projector beams go----they are 55watts of white light ,and bright as they come. now as to me hawking them all over the net----you are from milwaukee? do you remember what it is like here at this time of year? this is news #1 and #2 it is cold as hell here!!!! this is the only time of year that i have time to get on the forums. when the first madass 125s arrive here this next month, i will do just what you suggested, and do a very detailed video of all of the upgades, and also do a road test. i did ride the only madass 125 in the usa this spring, but at that time nobody was certain it was going to pass epa. it was awesome, but i will get full coverage of the bike just as soon as it arrives, including the 160cc upgrade kit we already have waiting to bolt on! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEciw1QZ8I
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #68
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
125 madass test ride video

i found this test ride video on the 125 sachs madass. they do put the bike at the 209 lbs and also at 120 kilometers or about 74mph. you have to scroll to the second video on the bollywood site to see the madass 125 test. http://www.bollywoodsargam.com/video...ter_video.html
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #69
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
Madass ----watch And Laugh---now Do You Get It?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgoPxPW3MkY&feature=related
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #70
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber
 
rich_mc's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Oddometer: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-scoot bill
damn....now i'm gonna have to get one......

i'll anxiously await your report on how the enduro model with the big bore kit comes together
__________________
I would like to see common sense used more commonly.

2011 Connie 1400
rich_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #71
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
Sachs Madass Cow Trailer

JUST MORE TO LOOK AT ---- THE MADASS PIT BIKE?
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #72
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
madass rally ----ride to the rockerbox 2008

a thundering herd of madasses about to head to the rockerbox motorcycle show in milwaukee 2008
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #73
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
madass rally ----ride to the rockerbox 2008

a thundering herd of madasses about to head to the rockerbox motorcycle show in milwaukee 2008sachs madass
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #74
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moto-scoot bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: milwaukee---you know---H.D. country
Oddometer: 223
Madass Modified

TRICKED OUT SACHS MADASS
moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #75
xroad
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 774
Any Alternatives ?

Definitely this bike has the maximum cool factor. At $2500, it is expensive to many of us. After justifying my regular motorcycle as THE toy to buy, it is hard to sell that to the wife on buying the Madass. Are there anything out there comparable, preferably lower cost?

I use to look at the Aprilia RS50 2 stroke. That is not a low cost toy either. They only have a 75-80cc big bore kit. The Madass 125 have a 160cc big bore kit. That makes a whole different level of fun/performance on low cost short distance commute.
__________________
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

xroad screwed with this post 03-26-2009 at 08:31 PM
xroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014