ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
kaiserkyhl OP
Send more money!
 
kaiserkyhl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Own hostel and bike rental in Cali, Colombia!
Oddometer: 476
Pics of all ADV RIDERS who have visited Mike at Casa Blanca in Cali, Colombia

Here's a collection of photos of most of you guys that have visited Casa Blanca Hostel since we opened August 1st 2008. If you got more pictures feel free to add to the thread. You can also see even more pictures on our "Bikers Wall of Fame" on Facebook or subscribe to and watch Mike's video diary on YouTube.
Keep on ridin' in the free world!

Casa Blanca Hostel, Ave 6 bis, Calle 26N, #57, Cali, Colombia
Tel. (2) 396 38 49 / (2) 668 9986 / Mike Cell 314 652 39 76:

View My Saved Places in a larger map

Here are the Danish/Colombian owners Mike & Diana & little Laura:



ATTN: DIANA, THE TWO GIRLS AND I HAVE MOVED TO MEDELLIN APRIL 2012 TO START A BRANCH OF OUR MOTORCYCLE TOUR AND RENTAL BUSINESS - MOTOLOMBIA AND WILL NOT BE AT THE HOSTEL ON A DAILY BASIS. DIANA'S SISTER LEIDY WILL BE ADMINISTRATING THE HOSTEL LIKE SHE HAS BEEN DOING THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS. SO NOTHING CHANGES. MIKE WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE ON EMAIL OR PHONE FOR ANY HELP YOU MIGHT NEED IN CALI.

WHILE WE WILL NOT BE OPENING A HOSTEL IN MEDELLIN, WE WILL OPEN OUR PRIVATE HOME TO THE BIKER COMMUNITY. WE HAVE TWO GUEST ROOMS AND SPACE TO PUT UP A TENT OR TWO IN OUR GARDEN. PRICE IS 50.000 PESOS PER PERSON/DAY AND YOU'RE FREE TO USE THE HOUSE LIKE YOUR OWN. COOK YOUR FOOD IN YOUR KITCHEN, RELAX ON THE PATIO WITH GRILL AND HAMMOCK, WORK ON YOUR BIKE IN MIKE'S 5-CAR GARAGE WORK-SHOP AND USE THE TOOLS AVAILABLE.


SO IF YOU'RE LOOKING AT A MORE SUBURBAN QUIET AND RELAXING TIME IN MEDELLIN FEEL FREE TO DROP US A PM!!!



And here's a bunch of our biker guests:
































__________________
My hostel in Cali, Colombia: www.casablancahostel.com (GPS: N 03.28.147' W076.31.773)
My motorcycle tour and rental business: www.motolombia.com
My videos: www.youtube.com/kaiserkyhl
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/kaiserkyhl
Business Facebook: Casa Blanca Hostel and Motolombia

kaiserkyhl screwed with this post 04-03-2012 at 09:33 AM
kaiserkyhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:58 AM   #2
kaiserkyhl OP
Send more money!
 
kaiserkyhl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Own hostel and bike rental in Cali, Colombia!
Oddometer: 476
And more ADV RIDERS at Casa Blanca Hostel and 2 blocks from the hostel is Asturias - one of the best bike mechanics in Colombia:























__________________
My hostel in Cali, Colombia: www.casablancahostel.com (GPS: N 03.28.147' W076.31.773)
My motorcycle tour and rental business: www.motolombia.com
My videos: www.youtube.com/kaiserkyhl
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/kaiserkyhl
Business Facebook: Casa Blanca Hostel and Motolombia
kaiserkyhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Charles Seguin
Noob4Life
 
Charles Seguin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Wichita
Oddometer: 521


Great picture of me there. I recognize about 6 of the other guys.
__________________
South America: Until our Luck or Money Runs Out http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377792
Charles Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
Farioli
"just do it"
 
Farioli's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Escondido, CA
Oddometer: 503
Asturias

Does Asturias belong to Paco Con?

Thanks
__________________
2015 Dakar Malles Moto.
Farioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #5
ColombiaGS
Two-up in Colombia!
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Colombiaaaaa
Oddometer: 264
Great pics Mike! Good to see such an influx of bikers in less than one year! Hoping to network with you so that all the riders continue to choose the best places to stop in each of the cities on our route! By the way, will be heading down to see you in the first part of '09!
__________________

ColombiaGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #6
kaiserkyhl OP
Send more money!
 
kaiserkyhl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Own hostel and bike rental in Cali, Colombia!
Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farioli
Does Asturias belong to Paco Con?

Thanks
Hi I think its Jorge and Sory that owns it now. But I also think Sory is Pacos daughter.

There a group on Facebook about Paco:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=21343179715
__________________
My hostel in Cali, Colombia: www.casablancahostel.com (GPS: N 03.28.147' W076.31.773)
My motorcycle tour and rental business: www.motolombia.com
My videos: www.youtube.com/kaiserkyhl
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/kaiserkyhl
Business Facebook: Casa Blanca Hostel and Motolombia
kaiserkyhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
kaiserkyhl OP
Send more money!
 
kaiserkyhl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Own hostel and bike rental in Cali, Colombia!
Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinlodging
Great pics Mike! Good to see such an influx of bikers in less than one year! Hoping to network with you so that all the riders continue to choose the best places to stop in each of the cities on our route! By the way, will be heading down to see you in the first part of '09!
Hi Buddy

You're welcome, hope you figured out a good solution for the bike shipment. I have now started the process of suing this other shipping guy...

It would be great with a biker lodging network for Colombia. People always ask about other cities and where to go!
__________________
My hostel in Cali, Colombia: www.casablancahostel.com (GPS: N 03.28.147' W076.31.773)
My motorcycle tour and rental business: www.motolombia.com
My videos: www.youtube.com/kaiserkyhl
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/kaiserkyhl
Business Facebook: Casa Blanca Hostel and Motolombia
kaiserkyhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
Charles Seguin
Noob4Life
 
Charles Seguin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Wichita
Oddometer: 521
We stayed at Casa Kiwi in Medellin, I would gladly recommend any alternative to that place . Loud all night long and only quiet in the mornings because all the degenerates sleep until 2 pm.
__________________
South America: Until our Luck or Money Runs Out http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377792
Charles Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #9
ColombiaGS
Two-up in Colombia!
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Colombiaaaaa
Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserkyhl
Hi Buddy

You're welcome, hope you figured out a good solution for the bike shipment. I have now started the process of suing this other shipping guy...

It would be great with a biker lodging network for Colombia. People always ask about other cities and where to go!
Thanks man... Yes, I will be bringing the bike down on the 29th.

I am getting it crated at BMW of Miami with an original crate and all packing done for $200 - just have to show up, sit back, and watch.

The shipping will run me $1043.00 to the penny through JJ Logistics. For 3 months I have shopped around and have just not found anyone more reliable, friendly and knowledgeable than these guys. They were successful sending all my belingings here two years ago, and I anticipate the same this time with my GS.

Good for you on the lawsuit - hit him for mental damage and interest which out to hit his pockets even more haha...

As for the network, I think we could put something nice together. I know there are other hostel owners that ride, but I really have a particular niche with my two places and look forward to them being a little better and different for the average biker.

Mery and I look forward to checking out your place soon! Leave the light on!
__________________

ColombiaGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #10
ColombiaGS
Two-up in Colombia!
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Colombiaaaaa
Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Seguin
We stayed at Casa Kiwi in Medellin, I would gladly recommend any alternative to that place . Loud all night long and only quiet in the mornings because all the degenerates sleep until 2 pm.
I would never speak bad about any other place, as each have their own quirks. But yes - Kiwi and Black Sheep are both known to be the "party spots" and are not good choices if you are looking for organization, cleanliness and peace-and-quiet.

Our ApartaHostel will be just off the highway in the southern part of the city, relatively close to everything but not in Poblado wheer the prices are too high. It is a top story (5th floor) duplex penthouse in a small new building and will offer the comfort and tranquility of a private apartment but in a "hostel" setting. We think it will be come a popular option to the norm here and expect that our 5-person maximum will fill up quickly.

See it at www.apartahostelkatthias.com, however pics coming soon as the building is in the final stages of completion.

Bikers ALWAYS welcome - I'll bend over backwards for anyone who shows up on two wheels.

PS... Kaiser, sorry buddy, not trying to jack your thread. You might be surprised in how many places I regularly recommend your hostel both online and in person. Just responding to some posts...
__________________

ColombiaGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #11
kaiserkyhl OP
Send more money!
 
kaiserkyhl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Own hostel and bike rental in Cali, Colombia!
Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinlodging
I would never speak bad about any other place, as each have their own quirks. But yes - Kiwi and Black Sheep are both known to be the "party spots" and are not good choices if you are looking for organization, cleanliness and peace-and-quiet.

Our ApartaHostel will be just off the highway in the southern part of the city, relatively close to everything but not in Poblado wheer the prices are too high. It is a top story (5th floor) duplex penthouse in a small new building and will offer the comfort and tranquility of a private apartment but in a "hostel" setting. We think it will be come a popular option to the norm here and expect that our 5-person maximum will fill up quickly.

See it at www.apartahostelkatthias.com, however pics coming soon as the building is in the final stages of completion.

Bikers ALWAYS welcome - I'll bend over backwards for anyone who shows up on two wheels.

PS... Kaiser, sorry buddy, not trying to jack your thread. You might be surprised in how many places I regularly recommend your hostel both online and in person. Just responding to some posts...
Hi Buddy
I don't believe there such a thing as somebodies thread ;-)
Feel free to post whatever info you find fit anywhere!
Looking forward to meeting you and I will be rolling up on two to Medellin as soon as my new family life permits it!
__________________
My hostel in Cali, Colombia: www.casablancahostel.com (GPS: N 03.28.147' W076.31.773)
My motorcycle tour and rental business: www.motolombia.com
My videos: www.youtube.com/kaiserkyhl
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/kaiserkyhl
Business Facebook: Casa Blanca Hostel and Motolombia
kaiserkyhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #12
ColombiaGS
Two-up in Colombia!
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Colombiaaaaa
Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserkyhl
Hi Buddy
I don't believe there such a thing as somebodies thread ;-)
Feel free to post whatever info you find fit anywhere!
Looking forward to meeting you and I will be rolling up on two to Medellin as soon as my new family life permits it!
Perfect...although I might beat you with a trip to Cali. Oh how I miss those Calenas!
__________________

ColombiaGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #13
kaiserkyhl OP
Send more money!
 
kaiserkyhl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Own hostel and bike rental in Cali, Colombia!
Oddometer: 476
435.000 km on GS

Enrique from Texas hit 435.000 km on his 95 GS1100 coming in to Cali. Congrats dude - well done ;-)

And the proff ,-
__________________
My hostel in Cali, Colombia: www.casablancahostel.com (GPS: N 03.28.147' W076.31.773)
My motorcycle tour and rental business: www.motolombia.com
My videos: www.youtube.com/kaiserkyhl
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/kaiserkyhl
Business Facebook: Casa Blanca Hostel and Motolombia

kaiserkyhl screwed with this post 02-20-2010 at 08:10 AM
kaiserkyhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #14
kaiserkyhl OP
Send more money!
 
kaiserkyhl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Own hostel and bike rental in Cali, Colombia!
Oddometer: 476
More ADV riders

A gringo couple:




And some Aussies in a hurry:






__________________
My hostel in Cali, Colombia: www.casablancahostel.com (GPS: N 03.28.147' W076.31.773)
My motorcycle tour and rental business: www.motolombia.com
My videos: www.youtube.com/kaiserkyhl
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/kaiserkyhl
Business Facebook: Casa Blanca Hostel and Motolombia
kaiserkyhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #15
Hank
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2001
Oddometer: 128
Laugh Thanks

Hey Mike,

thanks for the photo, it was great staying at your place, very clean and great price, your location was a real plus....

I just ran into the two Aussies two days ago, your right, they were in a hurry,

Hank (enrique)
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014