Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #5131
rogervize
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Hey Christian...If you have exactly no spark..and it happened real sudden(as you describe) I reckon it's the PG or the CDI. Coil,exciter,cap would give *some* spark.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #5132
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogervize View Post
Hey Christian...If you have exactly no spark..and it happened real sudden(as you describe) I reckon it's the PG or the CDI. Coil,exciter,cap would give *some* spark.
hey roger thanks so much for the input I was actually thinking about sending you a pm over on tt as you are the electrical guru jejeje

yup

sudden

changed cap...plug no go

I have 2 cdi to choose from neither work

stator gives a solid 40volts plus when kicking over(its hard to see and kick at same time) jajaja

so yeah

Im saying its the pg too

the bike ran AWESOME and idled fine before shutdown...

next morning

zip
not even a hiccup

so

its either pg or harness

Im voting pg, its 25 years old and lately has been abused a lot! jajaja

thanks man

aprreciate it
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #5133
Hondamick
C'mon more Energy

Oddometer: 14
My exhaust is as loud as buggery. What's the muffler of choice? FMF power core 4 seems to be the common one popping up on eBay..... anyone have any experience with it or can recommend one?
Hondamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #5134
IronSpadeCycles
Button Pusher

Oddometer: 229
I've got an older 4" Supertrapp and it was nice and quiet till I drilled out the center of the end cap, now its obnoxiously loud and I must weld up the hole! I went riding with a group of guys and the only one that would ride right behind me kept passing me to roost his KTM pipe and it was just barely louder than mine. I know if I was riding in the National forest, I'd get a ticket for noise. It's getting fixed soon.

I'm a collector of fine crap!
IronSpadeCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #5135
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondamick View Post
My exhaust is as loud as buggery. What's the muffler of choice? FMF power core 4 seems to be the common one popping up on eBay..... anyone have any experience with it or can recommend one?

ive got the powercore 4

it great

a couple of years ago it was selling for 200 or so shipped

still a good deal now

not loud(without the spark arrestor yes, sounds like a boat) and they flow well

I opted to not use the frame mount after I had some big jumps and managed to hit the pipe with the swingarm nut so just leave it alone

elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #5136
kirbi69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
so all 4 of my vavles finaly came in , i bought them from a guy named xcbob on ebay... i cannot reccomend this guy.

at first he only shipped me two valves, one intake and one exhuast...
then after messageing him three times, he finaly sent me the other two valves, but upon opening the box, the intake valve wasnt the same as the first one he sent me. this one says made in japan on the face of the valves. the otheres do not. it is the same diameter, and length but. its not the same, so im not sure which valves are really prox valves. such a hassel.

i guess im going to have to give negative feedback. and at least it said made in japan and not china , i guess.

kirbi69 screwed with this post 07-28-2012 at 11:10 AM
kirbi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #5137
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbi69 View Post
so all 4 of my vavles finaly came in , i bought them from a guy named xcbob on ebay... i cannot reccomend this guy.

at first he only shipped me two valves, one intake and one exhuast...
then after messageing him three times, he finaly sent me the other two valves, but upon opening the box, the intake valves wasnt the same as the first one he sent me. this one says made in japan on the face of the valves. the otheres do not. it is the same diameter, and length but. its not the same, so im not sure which valves are really prox valves. such a hassel.

i guess im going to have to give negative feedback. and at least it said made in japan and not china , i guess.
Get on this guy's ass about this !!

He is supposed to give you what he advertised and what you paid for, if he did not, he is in violation of all sorts of ebay policies etc.

If you need to, threaten him with this !

Giving him negative feedback will maybe dent his future sales, but it won't fix anything for you !!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #5138
JAB
Unsprung Weight

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronSpadeCycles View Post
I've got an older 4" Supertrapp and it was nice and quiet till I drilled out the center of the end cap, now its obnoxiously loud and I must weld up the hole! I went riding with a group of guys and the only one that would ride right behind me kept passing me to roost his KTM pipe and it was just barely louder than mine. I know if I was riding in the National forest, I'd get a ticket for noise. It's getting fixed soon.
Ticket for noise, maybe. I think drilling the end cap defeats the spark arrestor and that is a bigger ticket in the NF. FWW, I was just playing with the disks in my SuperTrapp and found that 10 or 11 disks was an OK compromise for noise and power. I see on the XR's Only website there is a cone for inside the end cap that they say improves flow. Don't know if it works, but I would be interested to know if anybody has tried one.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #5139
IronSpadeCycles
Button Pusher

Oddometer: 229
I hate how the Supertrapp gets my fender completely covered in soot after a long ride. I drilled (3) 1/2 inch holes in a triangle pattern and it really opened it up, made it way louder. No worries, I have a TIG and weld SS all the time, I could just make a SS cone and weld it to the end plate, I'm not sure how many disc's I have right now. I'll have to look at it.

Later, T

I'm a collector of fine crap!
IronSpadeCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #5140
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,583
muffler

Not sure what this W/B's is but my buddies 600 has the same thing with a cap with plates. This one has the little trumpet tube type outlet. Po had removed the arrester. I didn't even realize it until the ranger poked me.
I'm liking it.
See the deflector on the last one...(stock muffler W/copper pipe tip)
She smokes bad enough to need that.

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #5141
JAB
Unsprung Weight

There is a deflector you can add for just that reason. I need one too. I'll look it up when I have a little time.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #5142
Hondamick
C'mon more Energy

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
ive got the powercore 4

it great

a couple of years ago it was selling for 200 or so shipped

still a good deal now

not loud(without the spark arrestor yes, sounds like a boat) and they flow well

I opted to not use the frame mount after I had some big jumps and managed to hit the pipe with the swingarm nut so just leave it alone

Thanks for the feedback. Sound like I should put it in my shopping list.
Hondamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #5143
JAB
Unsprung Weight

Supertrapp cone and deflector

Cone thingie
http://www.xrsonly.com/xrs-only-exha...isk-system-red

Deflector thingie
http://www.xrsonly.com/xrs-only-exha...nder-deflector
Old 07-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #5144
boomshakalaka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
So, I changed my rear tube about a week ago (first time changing a tube/tire!! and no pinches!!) and I put the wheel back on and torqued the axel bolt down to spec. Everything seems fine, except when I'm slowing down.. around 20-15mph I'd say, the bike starts to veer to the right if I let go of the bars. I really can't notice any bias while giving her gas or coasting at higher speeds. I just figured that the rear was slightly cocked to the left. I attempted to remedy this, but the problem persists. I don't feel like it's gotten worse, but maybe slightly.

Am I barking up the wrong tree with the wheel alignment? I also thought it may have to do with the wheel being unbalanced, but I couldn't figure why this would cause the bike to veer left or right.
boomshakalaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #5145
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshakalaka View Post
So, I changed my rear tube about a week ago (first time changing a tube/tire!! and no pinches!!) and I put the wheel back on and torqued the axel bolt down to spec. Everything seems fine, except when I'm slowing down.. around 20-15mph I'd say, the bike starts to veer to the right if I let go of the bars. I really can't notice any bias while giving her gas or coasting at higher speeds. I just figured that the rear was slightly cocked to the left. I attempted to remedy this, but the problem persists. I don't feel like it's gotten worse, but maybe slightly.

Am I barking up the wrong tree with the wheel alignment? I also thought it may have to do with the wheel being unbalanced, but I couldn't figure why this would cause the bike to veer left or right.
Maybe one of the wheel bearings is worn..
Royal Club is offline   Reply With Quote