User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #7066
elsalvadorklr
southern xr rider

Oddometer: 4,153
Guyssssssssssssssssssssssss

AM i READING THIS RIGHT????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

has fmf decided to listen to us 88-90 loners???????????????????????????????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-Powercor...59436a&vxp=mtr

dude Im shitting my pants if its true

time to save up!:frea kye al
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #7067
elsalvadorklr
southern xr rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain115 View Post
I would like to take the time to say that Foster's should not be considered an Australian beer. I don't think I've ever seen someone drink a Foster's while here. Overseas it's 'the' Aussie beer, like Budweiser is here for the US or Corona is for Mexico but it is definitely not drunk here. In fact I think you would have trouble buying it to be honest, I can remember the last time I saw it in the bottleo, though I wasn't really looking.

I've drunk a lot of different beer over the last few years and I can promise you that we have heaps of really nice lagers and ales, especially coming from the rising number of independent and microbreweries popping up around the place. I promise to shout anyone a cold one if you happen to travel over here at some point.

John
John forget the beer, its an inside joke with steve, jajjajajaajjaajajajajajaj

did you see my last post? alaska jeff you see this? who else wants to investigate further and call these guys up?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #7068
Captain115
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
John forget the beer, its an inside joke with steve, jajjajajaajjaajajajajajaj

did you see my last post? alaska jeff you see this? who else wants to investigate further and call these guys up?
Ahhhh all good then, I was surprised to hear some an rarely drunk beer turn up in conversation.

Re the eBay, I know you're not being serious but just in case: not a chance. Some eBay reseller will have researched the different keywords and year ranges and put them in without realising the differences.Really doubt FMF would start making (different) exhausts to cater for a very small sub section or an outdated bike.

Sorry man, I know how you feel though, imagine if this was true! Ah well, such is life.

In other news it has been raining non stop here, and since I don't have the skills (or the balls) to ride with the XR's very worn, motocross-focused tyres on wet bitumen, she has just been sitting in the garage waiting. Was thinking about putting a set of D606's on, or at least the rear. I would like the ability to learn how to ride off road, without compromising my ability to commute on it. Thoughts?

I also want to make sure the jetting is correct with the new Staintune pipe on, though as I have mentioned previously, it was quite rich so this might have leaned the mixture out. I'll check it out and report back. Oh and I put the new brake caliper seals in the other day, and now the brakes are quite good, what I thought they would be like, so that is reassuring.

Cheers,

John
Captain115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #7069
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,662
Quote:
AM i READING THIS RIGHT????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

has fmf decided to listen to us 88-90 loners???????????????????????????????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-Powercor...59436a&vxp=mtr

dude Im shitting my pants if its true

time to save up!:frea kye al

Sorry Christian but I just checked FMF's web site and there is nothing listed for the XR600 88 thru 90.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #7070
elsalvadorklr
southern xr rider

damn, since I saw the higher price compared to other year powercores I said hmmm maybe just maybe!

oh well

tis life

this might sound funny to you guys coming from me but Im actually liking the quiet acceleration of the oem setup on my bike...I noticed birds and animals not getting scared to hell and back when Im riding through places

I want to make it even quieter on the cheap at least for now

anybody got some suggestions?

2many I know you have a turn down tip on one of your xrs

should I just have one made down here, with or without a screen?

on hard decel the metal tinginess of a baffless oem exhasut is not cool at least to me, jajaja

THOUGHTS?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #7071
elsalvadorklr
southern xr rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain115 View Post
Sorry man, I know how you feel though, imagine if this was true! Ah well, such is life.

In other news it has been raining non stop here, and since I don't have the skills (or the balls) to ride with the XR's very worn, motocross-focused tyres on wet bitumen, she has just been sitting in the garage waiting. Was thinking about putting a set of D606's on, or at least the rear. I would like the ability to learn how to ride off road, without compromising my ability to commute on it. Thoughts?

I also want to make sure the jetting is correct with the new Staintune pipe on, though as I have mentioned previously, it was quite rich so this might have leaned the mixture out. I'll check it out and report back. Oh and I put the new brake caliper seals in the other day, and now the brakes are quite good, what I thought they would be like, so that is reassuring.

Cheers,

John

Tires what do you have available over there?

good dualsport tires that handle great on tarmac are the michelin t63, much much better than dunlop 606 at least on tarmac and real dualsporting

same goes for kenda 270s they are similar in tread design to the shinko 244 I think is the model, the point is they last, a looooong time, and are great for TRAVELING they excel at nothing except mileage but to learn on they are great

those woule be what I would recomend to start off, then once you want to hit dirt and hard get some 606, mt21, or my favourites now ac10s or maxxis desert IT

thats about as har offroad you can get tire wise

JETTING

what do you have in there now?

I would only do one plug chop on your bike and that is at FULL THROTTLE to see if the main is still ok with the staintune...

if it is whiter than before ir tanner than before but nice looking leave it alone...if its white or you cant pull 5th top speed then go up one jet. JUST ONE!

88-90 have rich needle and main jet settings from the factory no need to upjet more

I would turn the fuel screw out 1 turn and not change the pilot.

thats my recomendations for 88-90bikes

cheers
Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #7072
elsalvadorklr
southern xr rider

free mod

electrical tape is temporary, this is the same heat reflector stuff I used on the frame top tube to prevent my gas from boiling except this time the reflector shiny side faces the heat in order to reflect off in a way....

this inspiration came from a few posts over on the xrl thread about heat wrap etc...since I had this stuff I went ahead and gave it a try...

Im hoping even a few degrees less will help, kenno the guy who posted the original mod said he reported a 10 celsius drop on an XRL! which runs hotter stock

impressive I say!

elsalvadorklr screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 10:41 AM
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #7073
Pigford
British

Oddometer: 928

The frame being covered may or may not help? Surely it'd be better still, to cover just the side facing the motor - as air flow over the frame will help cool the oil
Pigford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #7074
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
free mod

electrical tape is temporary, this is the same heat reflector stuff I used on the frame top tube to prevent my gas from boiling except this time the reflector shiny side faces the heat in order to reflect off in a way....

this inspiration came from a few posts over on the xrl thread about heat wrap etc...since I had this stuff I went ahead and gave it a try...

Im hoping even a few degrees less will help, kenno the guy who posted the original mod said he reported a 10 celsius drop on an XRL! which runs hotter stock

impressive I say!

nice one! I think I will just wrap the header...

once I got stainless ones :(
Royal Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #7075
elsalvadorklr
southern xr rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigford View Post

The frame being covered may or may not help? Surely it'd be better still, to cover just the side facing the motor - as air flow over the frame will help cool the oil
pigford check out the xrl thread on whyt i did it this way

the head gets airflow...if you insulate the whole frame tube then you actually do worse and keep the oil hot...

this way you are just deflecting the heat from the PIPING HOT headers which are much hotter than the head fins, not to mention the head fins have air flowing INTO them and off them, I just put this tape on the sides where the headers are closest.

Ill report back on temp changes hopefully a bit down...
Old 03-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #7076
elsalvadorklr
southern xr rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Club View Post
nice one! I think I will just wrap the header...

once I got stainless ones :(
I was going to do this with my original headers...since they got a hole in them I opted to install the stainless headers

these headers are way too thin for wrap, thats not an option...they are extremely thinner than even aftermarket headers so Ill get a shield soon as mine were missing when I bought the bike

heres hoping!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #7077
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Wish me luck

Old 03-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #7078
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,662
Good Luck.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #7079
deejay_xr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Aaaaand Im already stuck

Ill have to go out and buy another tool tomorrow
Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #7080
Royal Club
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote: