Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #31
CrazyMike
***42***

Oddometer: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholaday
CrazyMike:

Is this http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417836 what you ran into?
Yep!

The exact same one. I'll break into the tail tomorrow. Thanks for your help!
2009 BMW F800GS
WANTED: Kawasaki ZRX 1200R
CrazyMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #32
jessehere OP
Ridin'

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry
they look great!!!!!thanks for the pics--can't wait till i get mine!! are the inside charcoal too or silver?
nice charcoal powercoat inside. bonus-lovely crank in each bag to take them off too (no tools needed), unlike to prototype photos on jesse's website
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #33
RedHawk47
Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
My Jesses arrived today and got them installed. jessehere posted most of the photos I was going to take, but here's some more.

One of the interesting features of the Jesses is that they can be mounted forward if you are riding solo or back if riding two-up (or anywhere in between). This is a close up of the forward position.

This is the back or rear position. The range is about 3 inches

Top view with one forward and one back, to show the difference. Angles and sizes are a bit distorted because the camera was not square to the bike (the bike was on the side stand).

Filled the tank today with the bags in the forward position. No problem.
09 BMW F800GS
99 KLR 650 A13
RedHawk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 AM   #34
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47
My Jesses arrived today and got them installed. One of the interesting features of the Jesses is that they can be mounted forward if you are riding solo or back if riding two-up (or anywhere in between). The range is about 3 inches
Top view with one forward and one back, to show the difference. Angles and sizes are a bit distorted because the camera was not square to the bike (the bike was on the side stand).

This is another excellent advancement in pannier mounting. No wonder Jesse Luggage is the most respected manufacturer of aluminum panniers today.
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #35
njd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessehere
Looks great. I'm at exit 9 here. I'll keep my eyes out for you, haven't seen too many bmws around here.
njd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #36
LewisNClark
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 974
Thanks for the screen saver for my next bike

Wow! WOW, WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47
My Jesses arrived today and got them installed. jessehere posted most of the photos I was going to take, but here's some more.

One of the interesting features of the Jesses is that they can be mounted forward if you are riding solo or back if riding two-up (or anywhere in between). This is a close up of the forward position.

This is the back or rear position. The range is about 3 inches

Filled the tank today with the bags in the forward position. No problem.

LewisNClark screwed with this post 12-31-2008 at 07:11 PM
LewisNClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #37
Harry Swan
One more time

Oddometer: 1,098
Joy in Mudville today!!!

We'll have to do a photo 'beauty contest' next ... modeling Jesse's bags.

Answer to questions earlier: the skid plate is BMW's. Jesse, no strap, might be an illusion; No to loading the bike but a quick side by side comparison with big brother ... Al's bags for the f800 sit higher (more clearance to the ground) than my Ohlins and Jesse bag equipped R1150GS. I'll have to test it of course but I'm pretty confident that the bags will not drag going hard in a turn.

Oh yeah, and size matters when I'm heading out for a month's ride. I need the space for all those tools and bits although I really like the looks of the smaller bags.

Harry Swan screwed with this post 12-30-2008 at 10:33 AM
Harry Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #38
kkesp
UPSIDERIGHT

Oddometer: 226
Got my bags

Well the twins are getting closer to being ready to go to Alaska. I really like the bags they were easy to put on. Well except for the Akropovic muffler needed to be readjusted. It's to bad Jesse didn't make a bag for that muffler as it could be the same width as the other side.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
kkesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #39
dailystromfix
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Swan
Just in time for Christmas. I only had time to open one and not much to say about them other than they are heavier than Al's Millennium bags that stood up to a 20 MPH crash saving my leg in the process ... I'll assume this means they'll protect even better. Three boxes neatly and efficiently packed.

From the looks of those tires... I would suggest you ride your bike instead of just bolting sh*t onto it.....
dailystromfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #40
Nemesis
just ride the damn thing

Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailystromfix
From the looks of those tires... I would suggest you ride your bike instead of just bolting sh*t onto it.....
Well, let's see. You joined two months ago and have a whopping 2 posts.

May I be the first to say it then: Noob!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats " - H. L. Mencken

Nemesis screwed with this post 01-02-2009 at 01:33 AM
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #41
Harry Swan
One more time

Top Box?

No sense in wasting time, Nemesis.

Has anybody inquired about a Jesse Top Box for the F8?

When I'm on the road I like having one available for stashing exposed goodies at night or just stopping for a meal or taking a hike ... It's also where I keep rain gear, lenses and bits too big to fit a tankbag. Now I ask because it's the weekend and no one is answering the phone and I've got an opportunity to pick up a BMW top box for a good price. (The box is cosmetically damaged after a tip over.) Does anyone know about racks or quick release or other bits needed to mount a Jesse top box on the f800?
Old 01-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #42
RedHawk47
Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Quote:

When I'm on the road I like having one available for stashing exposed goodies at night or just stopping for a meal or taking a hike ... It's also where I keep rain gear, lenses and bits too big to fit a tankbag. Now I ask because it's the weekend and no one is answering the phone and I've got an opportunity to pick up a BMW top box for a good price. (The box is cosmetically damaged after a tip over.) Does anyone know about racks or quick release or other bits needed to mount a Jesse top box on the f800?
I ordered a Jesse 45 liter top case and mounting plate at the same time I ordered the panniers. Have received the panniers; the top case was back ordered; no ETA provided.
I assume that you need a Jesse mounting designed for the F800.
09 BMW F800GS
99 KLR 650 A13
RedHawk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #43
dholaday
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
No sense in wasting time, Nemesis.

Check out Jesse's website. He has a number of pictures of top boxes for the F8 and mounting plates.
dholaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #44
Harry Swan
One more time

Thanks. Rick from Jesse responded and sent me back to the f800gs page which hadn't listed the parts before. It looks like a standard install using their rack, but it also appears I could use a TT rack. Probably other racks for the f8 as well. I like the Alu-rack but I guess I'll need to call SW-Motech.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #45
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Oddometer: 8,068
Just a jealous Strom owner, pay him no attention. BTW I'm a jealous Strom owner as I like the f800gs and those Jesse bags lQQk sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Well, let's see. You joined two months ago and have a whopping 2 posts.

May I be the first to say it then: Noob!

L 51.01.900 / L W 114.05.900

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Pick good friends and you'll never be lacking Family Me
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote