User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
tyluk OP
That's what she said

Oddometer: 118
Need Help With Idle Adjustment On KTM 250 XCF-W

Alright I'm frustrated and having some major issue with a 2007 KTM 250 XCF-W. This is the RC4 engine. The bike is new to me and has not run in at least a year. I began the process by emptying all the old gas out of the tank and filling with new and also ran a little Seafoam in it. I also installed a JD Jet Kit with their recommended settings. I replaced the pilot jet which was originally a #40 with a #42 and the leak jet is a #60. It also has a Boysen QS2 installed on it.

So here is what's happening. It's hard to start although when I use the kickstarter it sometimes fires right up. When it is idling it is hunting up and down (it may go from 1400 RPM to 3500 RPM and then sit at 3500 without touching the throttle). After it hunts around with the RPM for a minute or two it will eventually die. The bike seems to work fine when I'm riding it as far as that goes although when I pull the clutch in it automatically is idling really high.

So my issue really seems to be at idle. The RPMs are erratic and it's hard to start. I'm having to give it a little throttle to get it to start. I found when I pulled the #42 pilot jet that I installed that it was pretty gummed up (this was after about 5 miles of riding).

Can anyone help with this issue? Does the carb need to be pulled completely off? Is there crap hiding somewhere that can cause erratic idling? Any help is appreciated.
tyluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
Failo
Is it spring yet???

Oddometer: 177
Definitely sounds like a carburation issue. Air leak maybe?
Failo is online now   Reply With Quote