nuh uh no way
gutsy thumper

Oddometer: 645
Deal. Thanks Kev.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #242
ontoptherock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
agreed anout the new color, but i do like the guard and the black frame as well.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #243
K44rll
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontoptherock
interesting color for the 2011 model. . .
The colour looks like Suzuki YSY Metallic Smokey Silver now being used on a few of the 2010/2011 models

RV125

Gemma

Lets4

Karl
K44rll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #244
Trypanosome06
n00b

Oddometer: 9
My new Tu

I rode my new Tu250x home yesterday; she's in great shape with only 1600 miles. It's much different than my 600cc bike but lots of fun!!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #245
MagyarMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
Well it was my first ride in 30 years this morning on my brand new 2009 TU250X. I put a whole 8 miles on her. It sounds and gathers speed much like my old BMW R50/2. Maybe I've got a modern R26 with chain drive ? Anyway cut the trip short due to the heat and humidity, had ATGATT and was stewing at red lights. Got what I think was a good price from Romney Cycles in West Virginia----$3,295+30 for paperwork=$3,330. Had to pay 6% tax at the MVA in Maryland + tags and registration for a grand total of $3647.70.

The only bad part was the dogs didn't recognize me at first when I got home.

Got a GIVI 620 windshield to put on today.

Think I'm going to like "Suzie" !!!!!!
MagyarMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #246
Trypanosome06
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarMan
Well it was my first ride in 30 years this morning on my brand new 2009 TU250X. I put a whole 8 miles on her. It sounds and gathers speed much like my old BMW R50/2. Maybe I've got a modern R26 with chain drive ? Anyway cut the trip short due to the heat and humidity, had ATGATT and was stewing at red lights. Got what I think was a good price from Romney Cycles in West Virginia----$3,295+30 for paperwork=$3,330. Had to pay 6% tax at the MVA in Maryland + tags and registration for a grand total of $3647.70.

Let us know what you think of the windshield! I am trying to decide whether I should add one to mine.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #247
ontoptherock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarMan

does sound like a good price! i got mine for about 4K flat
Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #248
CDNbiker
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 495
I like the '09 color better, and it appears they have blacked out the chrome on the headlight and the speedo too. I bought mine in NY and imported it into Canada as the TU250 is not sold here. Most people here have never seen one and think its a restored bike from the '70's. I'd like to remove the TU250 stickers though - anyone have any suggestions?
CDNbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #249
garrett the nerd
Sprocket Protector

Oddometer: 871
I pondered that as well and although i didnt remove the stickers they appear as if they will peel off easily enough. You may need to buy some gunk off type product if theres any residue but doesnt look tough.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #250
anthonypdx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Just joined the forum. I'm a very satisfied 09 TU250x owner, with about 500 miles under the belt. This has to be the most active TU250 thread on the net - I'm stoked to have found it!

The first thing I did was remove the side cover stickers. Just hit them with a hair dryer on high for 60 secs and they will easily peel off in one piece if you pull on it slowly. It didn't leave any residue behind - it's a quick a simple process and I think it makes the bike look even cleaner and classic.

The ugly 'Warning' sticker on the top of the tank... that is a much more challenging task. Because it is paper (rather than vinyl) it breaks up in to hundreds of little pieces and leaves residue behind. I used heat, goo remover, and a soft plastic scraper but it still took a long time and left some light swirl marks on the tank. Nothing a quick cut and polish didn't get rid of, but it's a more laborious task than the simple side cover stickers. If you tackle the tank, just remember not to let any chemicals sit on the paint for too long, and give it a thorough hose down with water at regular intervals.

I really hate stickers on bikes, so I was eager to get rid of them ASAP. There are several stickers over the bike (just like any new bike) but I think the removal of the tank sticker and side cover stickers has the biggest (positive) impact on the look of the bike.

I love my TU. I'm 6'1 and 190lbs and can ride all day on it - it is a comfortable and nimble ride.
anthonypdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:22 AM   #251
garrett the nerd
Sprocket Protector

This thread was the reason i joined as well. fitting you posted reply #250. welcome.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 AM   #252
nuh uh no way
gutsy thumper

Oddometer: 645
welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonypdx
Just hit them with a hair dryer on high for 60 secs and they will easily peel off in one piece if you pull on it slowly.
you'd think the 100 degree weather that most of our country has been getting would be good enough to do this but i guess not!

glad to see a tall guy enjoying the bike. stick it to the naysayers! this thing rules.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:10 AM   #253
anthonypdx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
That's a good point... on a hot day, just put the bike out in the direct sun for 10-20 minutes and you should be able to peel off those side cover stickers with ease.

I live in Portland, Oregon and we had a slow start to the spring (lingering clouds) when I got my bike a few months ago, so my only option was the garage and a hair dryer. My wife was very confused when I rolled up the driveway in my new bike, only to promptly run inside and retrieve her hair dryer.
anthonypdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #254
CDNbiker
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 495
Question Stickers

Thanks for the suggestions. Since it's supposed to rain here tomorrow I'll get my wife's hair dryer out and get those 250 stickers off the side. As for the tank sticker, maybe I'll leave it on as I might forget not to ride while drinking, forget to wear a helmet, slow down on unfamiliar or slippery surfaces, or, god forbid, forget to read the owners manual. They forgot to warn you not to read the sticker while riding as that could cause death or injury. What did we do before lawyers.???

CDNbiker screwed with this post 07-23-2010 at 05:30 PM
CDNbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:28 AM   #255
garrett the nerd
Sprocket Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNbiker
What did we do before lawyers.???
we had crazy amounts of fun while jealous people schemed up ways to stop us from having said fun.