ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #5896
MaineRetroRider
Livin' it up in CO
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 47
Hi everyone, after much deliberation, I have decided to sell my 2009 TU250X. If you know of anyone in Colorado looking to buy a gently used TU, please PM me. :) Thank you!
MaineRetroRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #5897
NJ-Brett
Brett
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Southern New Jersey
Oddometer: 5,616
Great price!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineRetroRider View Post
Hi everyone, after much deliberation, I have decided to sell my 2009 TU250X. If you know of anyone in Colorado looking to buy a gently used TU, please PM me. :) Thank you!
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #5898
MaineRetroRider
Livin' it up in CO
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
Great price!
Its listed in the rocky mountain flea market thread...I am asking $2999 for it. :)
MaineRetroRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #5899
Moto13
Riding to Relax
 
Moto13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Coast of Maine
Oddometer: 362
Question Help

I'm trying to remove these two bolts and I can't get them to budge.
Any ideas? It uses a 10 mm allen wrench. I'm pushing so hard that the whole motorcycle is rocking back and forth.
I'm assuming they're going counter-clockwise to be removed. Am I missing something? Thanks.

__________________
2011 Suzuki TU250X
For strange effects and extraordinary combinations we must go to life itself which is always far more daring than any effort of the imagination.
- Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Moto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #5900
linuxid10t
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto13 View Post
I'm trying to remove these two bolts and I can't get them to budge.
Any ideas? It uses a 10 mm allen wrench. I'm pushing so hard that the whole motorcycle is rocking back and forth.
I'm assuming they're going counter-clockwise to be removed. Am I missing something? Thanks.

You are missing the sledge hammer... I tried to take it off before but failed...
linuxid10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #5901
Cruisin'Carolina
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Cruisin'Carolina's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: The Rock
Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by surly357 View Post
Took a few pics of the TU today. I liked this one the best, the angle seems to minimize the tall pillion...


Must have more pics of this bike. I have a red one, and disagree with Brett. That is one of, if not the best looking bike(s) in this entire thread.
Cruisin'Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #5902
Moto13
Riding to Relax
 
Moto13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Coast of Maine
Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin'Carolina View Post
Must have more pics of this bike. I have a red one, and disagree with Brett. That is one of, if not the best looking bike(s) in this entire thread.
+1
I love the "250" decal, the mirrors...it all comes together well!
GREAT JOB!!
__________________
2011 Suzuki TU250X
For strange effects and extraordinary combinations we must go to life itself which is always far more daring than any effort of the imagination.
- Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Moto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #5903
Moto13
Riding to Relax
 
Moto13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Coast of Maine
Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxid10t View Post
You are missing the sledge hammer... I tried to take it off before but failed...
I've seen some people with it off ... don't remember who it was ... but it HAS to be possible.

ps. tried the hammer route already...maybe i'll have somebody with some heft sit on the bike and try the sledgehammer route...
__________________
2011 Suzuki TU250X
For strange effects and extraordinary combinations we must go to life itself which is always far more daring than any effort of the imagination.
- Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Moto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #5904
CDNbiker
Lost in Space
 
CDNbiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto13 View Post
I've seen some people with it off ... don't remember who it was ... but it HAS to be possible.

ps. tried the hammer route already...maybe i'll have somebody with some heft sit on the bike and try the sledgehammer route...
Get a steel pipe about 18" long. That should give enough leverage to make it move.
__________________
"The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime" - Pink Floyd
CDNbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #5905
Moto13
Riding to Relax
 
Moto13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Coast of Maine
Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNbiker View Post
Get a steel pipe about 18" long. That should give enough leverage to make it move.
Yeah, that was my thought as well. However, I'm trying not to spend any MORE money on this project...
Any other ideas?
__________________
2011 Suzuki TU250X
For strange effects and extraordinary combinations we must go to life itself which is always far more daring than any effort of the imagination.
- Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Moto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #5906
NJ-Brett
Brett
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Southern New Jersey
Oddometer: 5,616
Yes, they just unscrew.
The pipe sounds like the ticket.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #5907
aura
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 19
Gonna pick up my TU250X today!

I had to, really. I was staying up late at night reading about this bike... watching youtube vids of it... it was kind of consuming me.

I rode it during the MSF course, so I know how it feels, and I don't need blazing speed for the around-the-town commuting I'll use it for.

In the end, I could have gotten a 2008 GZ250 for hundreds less or the Honda CBR 250r for roughly the same price, but I knew I would regret not getting the TU.


I'll prob take pics if anyone wants to see some.


Thanks for all of the advice itt!


EDIT: Gotta wait until tomorrow. -sigh-

aura screwed with this post 04-10-2012 at 02:16 PM
aura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #5908
Gyokusai
Consulting Detective
 
Gyokusai's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: 221B Baker Street
Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by aura View Post
Gonna pick up my TU250X today!

I had to, really. I was staying up late at night reading about this bike... watching youtube vids of it... it was kind of consuming me.

I rode it during the MSF course, so I know how it feels, and I don't need blazing speed for the around-the-town commuting I'll use it for.

In the end, I could have gotten a 2008 GZ250 for hundreds less or the Honda CBR 250r for roughly the same price, but I knew I would regret not getting the TU.


I'll prob take pics if anyone wants to see some.


Thanks for all of the advice itt!
I bought mine without even sitting on one since I became so enamored with the bike. I rode a GZ250 in my MSF class, since they unfortunately didn't have any tu-250s. Enjoy the bike, I know we all do!
__________________
“If after hearing my songs just one human being is inspired to say something nasty to a friend or perhaps to strike a loved one it will all have been worth the while.” ― Tom Lehrer
Gyokusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #5909
Cruisin'Carolina
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Cruisin'Carolina's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: The Rock
Oddometer: 204
Rode mine to work for the first time today. HFS 10-45mph has never been so much fun! (Newbe rider)
Cruisin'Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #5910
Cruisin'Carolina
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Cruisin'Carolina's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: The Rock
Oddometer: 204
Just took off the rear seat and totally de-badged it. Looking at the manrack for the rear.
Cruisin'Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014