Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #7336
JerseyBiker
Living the life!

Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidc83 View Post
That cb500f looks real good and close enough to standard for me, at least you dont have to be in crotch-rocket mode to ride it.
Interesting! I'd somehow missed the CB500X and CB500F. I'd been thinking of the CBR500 which was too "sport bikey" for me.

I will have to check the new 500s when they hit the dealer floor.
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #7337
espacef1fan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Damnit...where is the TU400,TU500, or TU650? WAITING SUZUKI!!!!!!!!!
espacef1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #7338
Moto13
Riding to Relax

Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by espacef1fan View Post
Damnit...where is the TU400,TU500, or TU650? WAITING SUZUKI!!!!!!!!!
+13 on that. I'd love to see a TU450 that keeps the configuration of single, air-cooled thumper.
Keep it at under 350lbs with 30-35hp and I'll gladly pay $6k for it.
Moto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #7339
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,376
Well, new bikes aside, I got a nice ride in today.
Its getting a bit chilly for just the jacket and long johns under pants though.
Time to break out the cold weather gear.

The bike is running great, and I do not feel the need for a new bike, unless they made a TU350.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #7340
Andy250
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Urban riding

Another nice day. Did some urban riding around the city

The stickers are gone. I found it very easy to remove if you heat first (not too hot) then peel off from a corner. It wont work as well if you heat and peel at the same time. Then the small amount of glue left can be removed with a citrus based solvent.

BTW, has anyone bought this (or a similar one) seat made by CHIC Design?

I can't see how it can be attached to the TU250 unless brackets are added after purchase. Pretty expensive though.
Andy250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #7341
Moto13
Riding to Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy250 View Post

Great pic! I wish the weather was like that here in Maine, but we've been in the low 30's for a few weeks now. I have to scrape a layer of frost off of my seat before I get going when I get out of work at night.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #7342
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Haven't been on here in awhile but wanted to let everyone know that I have still been cruising this little scoot all over!!

Yesterday I went cruising around the state with some BIG bikes, all Harley's and as you can probably tell thats where a lot of my inspiration came from and why I changed the TU like I did, (some people call it bobber style). Anyways I thought it was very funny cruising around with such big bikes, there was a Dyna Wide Glide 103 CI over bored to something bigger, a Road King again 103 CI but overbored to something bigger, and a Road Glide 103 CI with just pipes. 103 Cubic Inches for those of you who don't know is almost 1700 cubic centimeters. I was cruising on the little 250 and was really enjoying the ride! The thing I really like about the Harley riders that I cruise with is they just enjoy riding and I did have to really use all my gears at times to keep up in the hills but it was a blast!! We stopped for some lunch and had some really good burgers and then hit the road again after some hanging out. Trip was not very many miles because we took a lot of back roads with speed limits of 55 but some areas where 65. total miles were just over 200 and a nice easy ride. I wish I had taken some pics but I was just too busy enjoying the ride and the scenery. Yesterday was about 78-80 which was absolutely perfect riding weather!
Blue Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #7343
Rhompin45
Rhompin45

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Scoot View Post
Haven't been on here in awhile but wanted to let everyone know that I have still been cruising this little scoot all over!!

Yesterday I went cruising around the state with some BIG bikes, all Harley's and as you can probably tell thats where a lot of my inspiration came from and why I changed the TU like I did, (some people call it bobber style). Anyways I thought it was very funny cruising around with such big bikes, there was a Dyna Wide Glide 103 CI over bored to something bigger, a Road King again 103 CI but overbored to something bigger, and a Road Glide 103 CI with just pipes. 103 Cubic Inches for those of you who don't know is almost 1700 cubic centimeters. I was cruising on the little 250 and was really enjoying the ride! The thing I really like about the Harley riders that I cruise with is they just enjoy riding and I did have to really use all my gears at times to keep up in the hills but it was a blast!! We stopped for some lunch and had some really good burgers and then hit the road again after some hanging out. Trip was not very many miles because we took a lot of back roads with speed limits of 55 but some areas where 65. total miles were just over 200 and a nice easy ride. I wish I had taken some pics but I was just too busy enjoying the ride and the scenery. Yesterday was about 78-80 which was absolutely perfect riding weather!
Hey we live in the same area where did you go? Which roads? I have gone down bush hwy to saguaro lake which is a lot of fun. I also tested my luck going to casa grande to visit a friend and went down the 10 but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be I just followed a big van to block the air and he went about 80 the whole way. Also how do you feel about hwy 87 to payson? Think the hills would be to much?
Rhompin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #7344
Rhompin45
Rhompin45

Oddometer: 233
I tried taking the snorkel off just to see how it was I liked the sound no real hp change as go figured but my milage went down alittle:-(
Rhompin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #7345
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

Little update with some pics, did a mock up today of what I want the rear fender to be like. What do you guys think? Also lowered the front a bit to match the rear a bit better.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #7346
Moto13
Riding to Relax

Quote:
What do you guys think?

I LOVE IT!!
What I really want to see are a couple of shots of the rear light. Any chance of that?
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #7347
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhompin45 View Post
Hey we live in the same area where did you go? Which roads? I have gone down bush hwy to saguaro lake which is a lot of fun. I also tested my luck going to casa grande to visit a friend and went down the 10 but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be I just followed a big van to block the air and he went about 80 the whole way. Also how do you feel about hwy 87 to payson? Think the hills would be to much?

We all met up in Maricopa, then took Maricopa hwy out to casa blanca rd then took that all the way out to Florence. On the way back it was a long way around and I wasnt paying attention to what roads since I was just following in the back and enjoying the ride ha.

How many miles are on your bike, do you have stock sprockets or did you change them out? I feel like the TU is the same power as my old jetta. It had probably about 90hp and was almost 3000 lbs ha. There were times when I would cruise around with 500-600hp cars through the hills and such and I would just go the speed limit and eventually catch up. with hills I had to anticipate them and most of the time downshift, just like with the TU. If you keep the transmission shifting I dont think it would be a problem, especially if you keep in the right lane. I think when the speed limits are 75 or if you have some steep hills its not that you will be in trouble you just need to really look far ahead and keep the motor spinning up.

PM me sometime and maybe we can go for a cruise, Im always down if work permits. I never have a set schedule and am on call most of the time.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #7348
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

Hey MOTO13

The way that I attached the rear tail light was with angle bracket i think it is called? I had a couple strips laying around in the garage and used it to attach my light and license plate.

When I get the fender deal situated I will probably be putting the tail light on top of the fender similar to stock just without that huge bracket.

Here's a pic sorry its dark out I didn't check this post soon enough. If you want more pics let me know, im happy to help in any way I can.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #7349
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,241
Quote:
Little update with some pics, did a mock up today of what I want the rear fender to be like. What do you guys think? Also lowered the front a bit to match the rear a bit better.
I think that looks great!
Might could even go a little shorter on the fender.
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #7350
Moto13
Riding to Relax

Quote:
Hey MOTO13

The way that I attached the rear tail light was with angle bracket i think it is called? I had a couple strips laying around in the garage and used it to attach my light and license plate.

When I get the fender deal situated I will probably be putting the tail light on top of the fender similar to stock just without that huge bracket.

Here's a pic sorry its dark out I didn't check this post soon enough. If you want more pics let me know, im happy to help in any way I can.
I see what you did. Does it hold up well with only one bolt holding it on?
Can you take a shot of the left side of the TU so I can see what that actually looks like? Thanks.