Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #7351
Rhompin45
Rhompin45

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Scoot View Post
We all met up in Maricopa, then took Maricopa hwy out to casa blanca rd then took that all the way out to Florence. On the way back it was a long way around and I wasnt paying attention to what roads since I was just following in the back and enjoying the ride ha.

How many miles are on your bike, do you have stock sprockets or did you change them out? I feel like the TU is the same power as my old jetta. It had probably about 90hp and was almost 3000 lbs ha. There were times when I would cruise around with 500-600hp cars through the hills and such and I would just go the speed limit and eventually catch up. with hills I had to anticipate them and most of the time downshift, just like with the TU. If you keep the transmission shifting I dont think it would be a problem, especially if you keep in the right lane. I think when the speed limits are 75 or if you have some steep hills its not that you will be in trouble you just need to really look far ahead and keep the motor spinning up.

PM me sometime and maybe we can go for a cruise, Im always down if work permits. I never have a set schedule and am on call most of the time.
I have almost 3000 miles now since I bought it new mid September it's all stock except 16t front. I thought about getting the 41 rear but have not done it yet. What do you have on yours now? Ya I would like to go for a ride sometime but my schedible kinda sucks. Ya I'm kinda used to looking for hills I have to really prepare for them in my jeep.
Rhompin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #7352
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,624
Quote:
We all met up in Maricopa, then took Maricopa hwy out to casa blanca rd then took that all the way out to Florence. On the way back it was a long way around and I wasnt paying attention to what roads since I was just following in the back and enjoying the ride ha.

How many miles are on your bike, do you have stock sprockets or did you change them out? I feel like the TU is the same power as my old jetta. It had probably about 90hp and was almost 3000 lbs ha. There were times when I would cruise around with 500-600hp cars through the hills and such and I would just go the speed limit and eventually catch up. with hills I had to anticipate them and most of the time downshift, just like with the TU. If you keep the transmission shifting I dont think it would be a problem, especially if you keep in the right lane. I think when the speed limits are 75 or if you have some steep hills its not that you will be in trouble you just need to really look far ahead and keep the motor spinning up.

PM me sometime and maybe we can go for a cruise, Im always down if work permits. I never have a set schedule and am on call most of the time.

Wow, someone local. I just rode my TU250 from Chandler to Maricopa on 347, then took the road through Mobile to Gila Bend, then took old hwy 80 from Gila Bend through the Hassayampa valley and Arlington, made a few zig zags, got back on 85, took that to Buckeye Rd., went through Buckeye, Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield, etc, back into Phoenix, made a right on Central, took that to Baseline, took that to Country Club, and back into Chandler. I stopped at the one lane bridge and got a picture of the bike which is still in the camera.

As far as the GW250, I recently found out about that, Apache Motorcycles has it on their site, I called and asked about it, but they couldn't tell me anything, no price, or any idea when they will arrive. From what I understand, they will be built entirely in China. I'm disappointed that Suzuki would do something like that, but it is apparently intended to compete with the Ninja 250/300 and Honda CBR250, so they have to keep the price down. If the quality is there, and the riding position is not too extreme, I will probably be adding one to my collection. It looks so much better to me than the Ninja and CBR, and a lot more comfortable as well. I had to give up an EX500 Ninja because of the uncomfortable riding position. In fact, it is what I traded for the TU250.

I like the new Honda CB1100, but it is too big and too expensive. A 250 or 500cc version would be great. It even has chrome fenders. As for the CBRs, I have developed a strong dislike for the fully faired crotch rocket look. The GW250 looks sporty without having that look. I would also be VERY interested in a 500cc version of the TU250. There are times when 250cc just isn't enough, like long distance freeway travel. I have bikes for that, but they don't look as cool as the TU.

JerryH screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 11:14 PM
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:23 AM   #7353
Montaukbound
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
wheelie?

Can a 'wheelie' be done on the TU?
Montaukbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #7354
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,624
Yes. A wheelie can be done on a moped. It's all in the technique. You don't need a lot of power to do either a wheelie or a burnout.
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #7355
Rhompin45
Rhompin45

Wheelie

When I had stock gearing I stalled at a light in third trying to hurry I dropped it in first with the motor reved up and the front popped the front off a couple inches
Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #7356
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Blue Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #7357
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

Finished product!! What do you guys think?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #7358
Rhompin45
Rhompin45

Quote:
Finished product!! What do you guys think?

I like it. The bobber style is growing on me is the rear fender cut or just slid down?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #7359
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

Unfortunately I did end up cutting the fender and did cut the support so if I wanted I could have a passenger as well but I wouldn't sit on it ha.

I want to make a small sissy bar to put on the bike and that way I can load up for some camping trips.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #7360
Moto13
Riding to Relax

Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Is it just me or is the tail light lower at this point than in the final place you have it now?
Is it just the angle? I think I like it a little lower than you have it, but it looks great overall.
Moto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #7361
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

The light is a bit higher than I had originally had it but thats because when it was lower it got in the way of the turn signal, not a huge issue but I figured it would be better higher than lower for safety reasons more than anything.

Can anyone recommend a good bar-end mirror? I know there has been mention of them in this thread but forgot to take note of it. Anyone have a good website or recommend a good brand?

I'm liking this bike more and more everyday ha its such fun in such a small package which makes it even better.

My bike has 4600 miles on it and have had it a bit longer than a month now, bought it with 1700. Front sprocket is 16T and rear 41T, at first I thought that was too much but as people have stated in here I feel that the bike is feeling like it is getting more power the more you ride it. I would honestly take this bike on any road but if the speed limit was 75 or higher that is when i would be laying down on the tank and drafting and it would keep up no problem
Old 11-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #7362
jkilla71
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
My new paint job, I posted this on the other site too

Youtube walkaround (running):
http://youtu.be/iz1XANQu1xg

Pictures

jkilla71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #7363
Moto13
Riding to Relax

Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilla71 View Post

That is one SWEET paint job!! Love the color and the flow.
Moto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #7364
DutchBoy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Brilliant job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilla71 View Post
My new paint job, I posted this on the other site too

Youtube walkaround (running):
http://youtu.be/iz1XANQu1xg

Pictures