ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #7426
Rhompin45
Rhompin45
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Chandler arizona
Oddometer: 214
Blue scoot ya I do I talked to you a while back I live in chandler also.
Rhompin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #7427
Blue Scoot
Adventurer
 
Blue Scoot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 68
Sorry for some reason I thought you were commenting on a TU ha but you meant that black one with the REALLY small tank, my bad ha
Blue Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #7428
Moto13
Riding to Relax
 
Moto13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Coast of Maine
Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipman View Post
^^^ Those are worth taking a look at, not sure if I really need them though. My fingers are cold when I get to work but nothing I can't handle! :)

Okay, so I was just checking Bubble Visor (one of my weekly moto-blogs) scrolling down and immediately spotted a TU engine!


http://bubblevisor.blogspot.com/2012...o-venezia.html

Upon further inspection, it appears to have started life as a 2011 TU250X... That Triumph isn't too bad either.
Thank you for the pic and the link. I love that style of motorcycle, and I think the TU can have at least SOME semblance of this style with a little work.
__________________
2011 Suzuki TU250X
For strange effects and extraordinary combinations we must go to life itself which is always far more daring than any effort of the imagination.
- Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Moto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #7429
Blue Scoot
Adventurer
 
Blue Scoot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 68
Last week I did some shopping and ordered a few things to start motorcycle camping. I spent less than $100 bucks and will be taking my first motorcycle camping trip soon on the TU. It is winter time so it will be pretty cold out but it should be a great time. I will keep you guys posted and can't wait to go have a nice relaxing couple of days in the mountains!

Anyone have some pics of them camping on their TU?
Blue Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #7430
NJ-Brett
Brett
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Southern New Jersey
Oddometer: 6,107
I would love to do it, but it will likely never happen.
I did it a LOT before I got married, not at all after.

I used to like camp grounds like KOA where they had everything you needed, and the prices used to good for a tent site.
You can travel very light that way, what with the laundry, store, showers, pool, nothing like a dip in the pool after riding all day long.
I would roll in, get a spot, set up the small tent, use the pool, shower, go out and eat, get some beer, then hang out and/or do laundry. Did it for a month once...
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #7431
shipman
don't sweat minutiae
 
shipman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
I would love to do it, but it will likely never happen.
I did it a LOT before I got married, not at all after.

I used to like camp grounds like KOA where they had everything you needed, and the prices used to good for a tent site.
You can travel very light that way, what with the laundry, store, showers, pool, nothing like a dip in the pool after riding all day long.
I would roll in, get a spot, set up the small tent, use the pool, shower, go out and eat, get some beer, then hang out and/or do laundry. Did it for a month once...
Man, that sounds like a great time! I'm married, so that's never gonna happen for me! :)
__________________
Jamie / Bedford, Texas
2011 Suzuki TU250x
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, If this isnt nice, I dont know what is. Kurt Vonnegut
"The secret to happiness is realistic, modest expectations" - Barry Schwartz
shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #7432
Blue Scoot
Adventurer
 
Blue Scoot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 68
I agree that does sound awesome!!

I'm not married so I might have a chance woo hooo
__________________
No Regrets

-2011 TU250
Blue Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #7433
shipman
don't sweat minutiae
 
shipman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Oddometer: 192
I did manage to talk my wife into riding two-up with me up to Broken Bow, OK last year to stay in a nice cabin... But she's not into camping. And I don't think I'd be very successful in sneaking away for a few days to MC camp alone. Oh well.

You single guys- make the most of it while you still can!
__________________
Jamie / Bedford, Texas
2011 Suzuki TU250x
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, If this isnt nice, I dont know what is. Kurt Vonnegut
"The secret to happiness is realistic, modest expectations" - Barry Schwartz
shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #7434
Invicta Moto
An English Gentleman
 
Invicta Moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Hythe, Kent and London N1 1QF
Oddometer: 69
Just caught up with this thread and googled Cycle World to see what this bike looks like. It's a GN250 with fatter tank?

I road tested one quite a while back and had thought that it had long since gone out of production. Nice to see that in some markets it is still available.

My road test was originally posted in the Suzuki Owners Club GB magazine and website in 1997!

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/09/06...ng-impression/

http://invictamoto.blogspot.co.uk/20...ki-tu250x.html
__________________
Paul Devall

Invicta Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #7435
NJ-Brett
Brett
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Southern New Jersey
Oddometer: 6,107
Back in 1982 I think it was, I took a solo trip from New Jersey around the US, taking 80 to Seattle, then down the west coast to Los Angeles, east on rt 40 to North Carolina, then onto the Blue Ridge parkway and skyline drive to the end, then back onto 95 north.
I hit about 26 states on that trip and made detours to see all the sights, Mt Rushmore, Badlands, Devels tower, Yellowstone, Yosemite,Slept on the beach (Newport) in LA, the Grand Canyon (walked to the bottom), Meteor crater (AZ), and a lot of other stuff, camping out the entire time, not one night spent under a roof.
I did the trip on my 1979 Triumph Bonneville special and had no real problems on the trip.
I did blow off an aftermarket oil pressure gauge while racing a vette in Wisconson, which dumped 3 out of 4 quarts on my rear wheel and exhaust, and had a flat front tire at the Grand Canyon, and I was beat from walking up.
9000 miles in about 25 days.
I had a friend with a cb550 four who was supposed to go, but he backed out, so I just went solo.
Pre gps, pre cell phone, pre I pod, i had a 110 film camera and a small cassette player (first walkman).

I had a great time on that trip, and even came home with money...
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #7436
Klay
dreaming adventurer
 
Klay's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: right here on my thermarest
Oddometer: 98,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
Back in 1982 I think it was, I took a solo trip from New Jersey around the US, taking 80 to Seattle, then down the west coast to Los Angeles, east on rt 40 to North Carolina, then onto the Blue Ridge parkway and skyline drive to the end, then back onto 95 north.
I hit about 26 states on that trip and made detours to see all the sights, Mt Rushmore, Badlands, Devels tower, Yellowstone, Yosemite,Slept on the beach (Newport) in LA, the Grand Canyon (walked to the bottom), Meteor crater (AZ), and a lot of other stuff, camping out the entire time, not one night spent under a roof.
I did the trip on my 1979 Triumph Bonneville special and had no real problems on the trip.
I did blow off an aftermarket oil pressure gauge while racing a vette in Wisconson, which dumped 3 out of 4 quarts on my rear wheel and exhaust, and had a flat front tire at the Grand Canyon, and I was beat from walking up.
9000 miles in about 25 days.
I had a friend with a cb550 four who was supposed to go, but he backed out, so I just went solo.
Pre gps, pre cell phone, pre I pod, i had a 110 film camera and a small cassette player (first walkman).

I had a great time on that trip, and even came home with money...
I did a trip like that in 1983 on my GS550. No problems, lots of memories. First time I was ever in California. Traveled the coast from Los Angeles to the Canadian Rockies. Camped most of the way.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #7437
NJ-Brett
Brett
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Southern New Jersey
Oddometer: 6,107
The gn250 had a four valve head and dual down pipes on the exhaust, and a carb.
The TU has fuel injection and 2 valves, with more low and mid range power, and less peak power.
In the US, the gz250 used the same motor as the GN250.

The 3.2 gallon (US) gas tank has a more Triumph look then the gn250 tank.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Invicta Moto View Post
Just caught up with this thread and googled Cycle World to see what this bike looks like. It's a GN250 with fatter tank?

I road tested one quite a while back and had thought that it had long since gone out of production. Nice to see that in some markets it is still available.

My road test was originally posted in the Suzuki Owners Club GB magazine and website in 1997!

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/09/06...ng-impression/

http://invictamoto.blogspot.co.uk/20...ki-tu250x.html
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #7438
FSmonster
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 6
Rtw tu250

Alright, so who's going to be the first to take one of these around the world!?
FSmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #7439
NJ-Brett
Brett
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Southern New Jersey
Oddometer: 6,107
It would be a good bike for it, simple, reliable, burns regular gas, does not run hot, light, easy to find tire sizes, easy to pull out of a mud hole, not enough power to get you in trouble.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FSmonster View Post
Alright, so who's going to be the first to take one of these around the world!?
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #7440
Svein-Olav
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
The gn250 had a four valve head and dual down pipes on the exhaust, and a carb.
The TU has fuel injection and 2 valves, with more low and mid range power, and less peak power.
In the US, the gz250 used the same motor as the GN250.

The 3.2 gallon (US) gas tank has a more Triumph look then the gn250 tank.
My 1995 TU250 Volty does have the dual downpipe and a carb.

I'm looking at replacing the original 2-1 exhaust with some kind of 2-2 exhaust, but then I need to do some altering (adding) to the frame to get an lefthand side attachment point for the left pipe.

I'm also looking at replacing the original carb with a Mikuni VM34-168.

The winter brings out all kinds of ridiculous plans.
__________________
Svein Olav, Norway
1977 BMW R75/7 awaiting restoration
1995 Suzuki TU250S Volty
1995 BMW F650 Funduro
Svein-Olav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014