Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #7531
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 2,094
Hey everyone, just thought I'd post a link to a brand new 2009 TU250X (the fast red one ) I've got for sale in the flea market:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862121

She's a very sweet bike and I'm sorry to have to sell her, but my wife has decided that she's probably never going to be comfortable riding her own motorcycle out on the streets.

Doug
Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #7532
CDNbiker
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromthestix View Post
Hey everyone, just thought I'd post a link to a brand new 2009 TU250X (the fast red one ) I've got for sale in the flea market:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862121

She's a very sweet bike and I'm sorry to have to sell her, but my wife has decided that she's probably never going to be comfortable riding her own motorcycle out on the streets.

Doug
I just put a link to this over in the TU 250 Riders forum too. That's a great deal for someone looking for a fast red one!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #7533
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNbiker View Post
I just put a link to this over in the TU 250 Riders forum too. That's a great deal for someone looking for a fast red one!
Hey cool, thank you very much! Even though we haven't ridden the TU very much I really have enjoyed it and have bonded with the bike, but I really can't justify owning a nice motorcycle (or anything, really) that doesn't get used. She deserves someone who'll take her to nice places and ride her hard!

Doug
Old 02-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #7534
schnutzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
Well, I got my first ride of 2013 in today. first time i have done much more than look at the bike since mid november. it fired right up and purred along as i backed out of the garage and motored my way to wonderful little ride. about 45 miles of relaxed riding, a nice way to set off a day that began so annoyingly.

2012 Suzuki TU250x
schnutzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #7535
shipman
don't sweat minutiae

Oddometer: 192
I rode my TU to work today like I do every day, this morning it rained- no biggie. Everyone else at work walked in with black clouds over their heads, frustrated at the "shitty weather" and "horrible traffic" because "people don't know how to drive", etc etc...

I had to smile to myself because I enjoyed my commute on a motorcycle in the same weather on the same roads surrounded by those same idiots!

I also passed 10,000 miles on the odometer last week. No big deal, because some of you are way past that, but I've been waiting to pass this milestone myself:

"The secret to happiness is realistic, modest expectations" - Barry Schwartz
shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #7536
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Got a question for all you peeps in the PNW, do any of you ride your bikes year round up there?

I will be moving to the downtown Portland area and will only ride the bike for fun and rides out to the country. Anything special that you ladies and gentlemen do up there?

-2011 TU250
Blue Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #7537
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,114
My bike has been parked for a month, snow, rain, cold, lots of salt.
I had gone out and got salt all over the bike and it tore up the unpainted stuff like the spokes, the back wheel adjusters, and it looks nasty. Lucky I have spare parts to replace them with.
I cant wait for spring.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #7538
pullmanDave
2 Lane Tourer

Oddometer: 80
PNW riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Scoot View Post
Got a question for all you peeps in the PNW, do any of you ride your bikes year round up there?
OK, now I'm anxious for spring. I'm on the Eastern side of the Cascades in WA, and we are having a really mild February. Mid 40's today and dry. But if I so much as look at my TU for a few minutes, it will start snowing. Over here, riding season begins when the city sweeps up all the gravel/sand they dump on the snow. I can get my Suburban sideways on corners right now; I can't imagine riding a motorcycle on the roads in this condition.

Headed to Seattle tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if any riders are out.

Dave
pullmanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #7539
brieninsac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Is the bike still 49-state?
brieninsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #7540
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by brieninsac View Post
When we bought our 2009 TU250X the brochure had a little asterisk on it that said "Not sold in California." I can't imagine that this thing would bust emissions standards since it gets 80 to 90 MPG routinely! That's double what my Big Pig gets and it's sold in Cali, so WTF?? Well, the BP does have a (30 pound!) catalytic converter on it and the TU does not. I couldn't tell you if the new TU's are sold in CA, but I believe the bike hasn't changed at all except for the color scheme.

Congrats on hitting the 10K mark, shipman!

Doug
Old 02-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #7541
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,114
The problem with California is the evap stuff.
No place to put it on the TU that would not look dumb.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #7542
jimmr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by brieninsac View Post
Don't know. However, I believe some of this has been touched on before and I think the rules for California are:

a California resident cannot buy a *new* bike that doesn't meet the California emission standards, but a *new* bike is one with less that 7500 miles on it, irrespective of whether it was registered in another state; there should be a few TUs out there now that qualify;

someone moving to California from another state can register a bike that doesn't meet the California emission standards if they can show the bike was first registered in that state by them and they were a resident of that state at the time.

Apparently it's in here somewhere: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr29.htm.
jimmr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #7543
TU_Boogaloo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:

I will be moving to the downtown Portland area and will only ride the bike for fun and rides out to the country. Anything special that you ladies and gentlemen do up there?
I'm in Portland and have been riding year round since I got the bike Sept '11. Cold hands were always a problem for me in chilly temps so I just put some heated grips on which helps a ton. I have a small Givi windscreen on the bike as well, mostly for looks though.
Watch out for occasional icy patches if you head up into the hills.
TU_Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #7544
Blue Scoot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
What have you found the best way to prevent getting wet/cold on the bike while it's raining? Did you buy a rainsuit or have waterproof riding gear?

-2011 TU250
Blue Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #7545
Red06SS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Thumb

Quote:
What have you found the best way to prevent getting wet/cold on the bike while it's raining? Did you buy a rainsuit or have waterproof riding gear?
Jafrum has some rain suits for really low prices. Good customer service too. www.jafrum.com
Red06SS is offline   Reply With Quote