GEOGATOR

Oddometer: n/a
Cool2 Tu250x

A pic before the mods.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #122
GEOGATOR

Question ????

I am still trying to figure out how to get pics onto this site.

I have pics of my TU250X with the mods, but try as I might I can not get them onto this site. I have had success posting them on MySpace then transfering them but not this time. Arggggh!

GEOGATOR screwed with this post 12-10-2009 at 04:42 PM
Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #123
Moonpatrol
Yeah yeah yeah

Oddometer: 4
Hows the get up and go?

Anyone out there with this bike been on a city freeway with lots of cars? Are you able to keep your speed and pass easily? I'm not talking about the interstate highway, just inner city freeways. If I buy this Tu250 I may have to get up on the freeway once in a while or the commuter lane. Mostly be going on posted 35mph roads that cars go about 45 on.
Moonpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #124
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,975
I know it's comparing apples to oranges but I wonder if a TU250X would be enough or for twice the price a Triumph Scrambler would be all that and so much more. I do really love them both. I think the TU250X is the perfect ride for someone thinking of a Scooter but wanting to ride dirt roads, too

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #125
GEOGATOR

Thumb PICS with the Mods

Still 200 miles short of break in. I would not really want to take it on any road where I had to go 80-85 mph for any length of time. That opinion might change after it's broken in. I have kept it to about 65 mph so far.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #126
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
How does it handle strong winds and such?

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #127
GEOGATOR

Talking Handling?

Before the mods it was fine. Low center of gravity. I have only been able to ride about 5 miles with the bags so far. The weather promises to be bad this weekend but I will probably ride anyway. I'll let you know when I do.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #128
JBMorse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOGATOR

What kind of fly screen do you have? I like it. Does it help much for you?
JBMorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #129
EdM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
GEOGATOR:

What a nice setup!

I'm not much of a mechanic. I saw you mentioned you used mounting brackets for the F650 that needed modification and had to move the turn signals; were these difficult to perform? Were hand tools adequate or was welding involved?

Also looking forward to your reports on how these upgrades work-especially the flyscreen.

Thank you.

Ned
EdM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #130
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,471
Is there enough room in the frame to stuff a DR 650 motor?
bk brkr baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #131
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,758
Something tells me this bike would be the cats patootie for riding around the world or down to South America. A modern day "motorcycle diaries" bike.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #132
GEOGATOR

Laugh EdM, JBMorse, Clayjars

I just completed a 60 mile ride with the bags on. The bags donít seem to affect the handling at all. The wind was blowing about 10-15 mph. The bike still has less than 500 miles on it so until I get the break in service done I am not whacking open the throttle. I keep it around 100. That is 100 Kilometers per Hour; I think I will use KPH exclusively with this bike. At that speed I have not felt any affect on acceleration.

The bags are Givi E21. I bought the mounting brackets for a BMW G650GS and had a local Metal Shop cut off the 3 mounting brackets, reposition and weld 2 of them back on. I still have to take the brackets to get them powder coated. The brackets for the turn signals were removed and the turn signals were mounted on the rear where the rear red side reflectors used to be. I put a splice in the wires so that that they would be long enough.

The wind screen is a Givi A210. I got it because it was small and I thought it would look good. I really like the way it looks but Iím not sure about the wind flow. It seems to direct the wind so it hits me about chin high. I am 5í10Ē. I wear a Schuberth and ear plugs but there seems to be a lot of wind noise. I mounted it as upright as I could without it extending past the front of the headlight. If I had to do it again I might go with something a little taller and wider, maybe something with an up sweep at the top. I am probably just spoiled. I have a barn door of a shield on my GS and music piped into my helmet (a Shoei) so I donít hear much wind noise at all.

The day I bought it I started telling everyone I was going to ride it to Alaska. I donít know if I will make it to Alaska but I have kids in Vegas and California. The GS has been out there 6 times including last Christmas with a couple of low 30 degree mornings and one mountain pass that included snow and Ice. Moto GP at Laguna Seca, WSBK in Utah, the possibilities are endless. Mexico? S. America?

Oh yea, this bike is stupid fun.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #133
GEOGATOR

Cool2 More Pics

Old 12-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #134
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,681
Nice setup there.

Jon
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote