Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #151
JimPatten650
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Just put a comfprt seat (BMW) on my 2010 F650 GS. I had a low seat, and it was ok to a degree with bicycling shorts. The new seat is great, however. It is narrow enough in front not to be an issue when standing on the pegs, gives good support, and best of all is a really good seat for a passenger. For those of us with patneers this makes the bike a trully good touring and backcountry roads two up solution.
JimPatten650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #152
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,253
So how does it compare to stock height wise. 1 inmate reporting taller another shorter. At 5-10 I want to be able to flatfoot the bike.
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #153
Aether
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm
So how does it compare to stock height wise. 1 inmate reporting taller another shorter. At 5-10 I want to be able to flatfoot the bike.

I posted the specs, per BMW here: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=142
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #154
KLRscoob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
touratech seats

I just wanted to throw this out there just in case. Touratech does offer a DEMO on their seat. It worked out great, you pay the shipping $50 to / and from San Diego. They loan it to you for a week. You can either buy it or send it back! Great deal - it didn't work out for me so I sent it back. Saved me $500!!!! Just lettin y'all know.
-Jason

In honor of Gregory N. Millard
Son - Brother - Hero
KLRscoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #155
beemerbum
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Comfort Seat for F650 and F800GS

Man, its been awhile...but had to chime in here. We just got back from a two week break in Virginia and had borrowed a new Comfort Seat from our local dealer. Neither my wife or I like the stock seats, and I got the Enduro Seat last December and while it is higher than anything else and great for off-road, it has as many pressure/pain points as the stock seat...

So we both used the Comfort seat and we both like it. We both think it needs another inch or two of cutout at the back to allow some wiggle room throughout the day (we each have an 800, so don't worry about passengers less the waterproof bags when carried). But other than the cutout, it is a great seat.

It is higher than the stock seat, but not as tall as the Enduro seat. The Comfort Seat is 21.5 inches above the foot pegs (no rubber pads) whereas the enduro seat is 23 inches. My wife has a 31 in inseam and is not flat foot on it, but is not tippy-toe either and loves it as well. Inseam will be an issue with some and as always, the frontal shaping of the seat will be a factor as well - its amazing how much this influences reach and comfort.

Our two cents (CAD or USD) worth,

Cheers, Bruce
Old 03-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #156
Byrddog151
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I have the stock standard height seat off my 2010 F800GS for sale. I switched to the low seat after about 100 miles so it's basically new... maybe one spot of mud in the textured cover.

Message me and make me an offer if your interested in it. Thanks.

Flame on if this is not the place for this post. Sorry and Thanks again.

2010 BMW F800GS, Lava Orange
Byrddog151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #157
Bayner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,441
No flaming from me, but you'll have better luck and exposure in the Flea Market section....
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #158
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,159
I have had the Rallye seat for a while now and like it pretty well. But it's just not what I really want, especially for long rides. I also don't like the slippery sides when I'm off road.

So I have something being made for me right now...
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #159
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
Well i've got some time on the touratech touring high seat and am very pleased with it. Its easier on the knees is comfy and you can slide back for offroad, it is a bit firm but you can move or stand up for a minute and everything is good again! This is something i could not do on the stock seat, and i think a big difference too is there is no pocket to fight.
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #160
JimPatten650
n00b

Oddometer: 4
After a few hundred miles on the new BMW comfort seat, it is great, both solo and two up. The seat measures higher than the stock low seat, but reach to the ground is aqbout the same, or perhaps 1/2 inch more. I am 5'8" and 29 1/2 inseam and can flat foot the F650 GS twin with this seat and the Conti TKC's. Ghis is a very big improvement over the stock seats, and may well turn out to be a true all day seat.
JimPatten650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #161
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,730
I have the tourtech standard seat on my 09 and really like it a lot -at least out the 400 mile mark, which is my long day to date.
IBA #42016

my ride reports

Follow my current ride
lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #162
blueridgexplorer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Comfort seat

I can't say that I am all that happy with the new comfort seat. At 6'1" I feel like I am stuck against the hump in the seat. I test rode one with the Sargent seat which felt good as it seemed to have more room up front, the comfort seat seems to have more passenger room. Live and learn.
blueridgexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #163
Dirsuper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
I second what BRE said. Mine is going back today. I am 6', but still felt like that hump was too far forward. Maybe I tend to ride back a bit far, never really thought about it before, but I feel way to restricted. Also, I still slide forward with that seat.....I find that incredibly annoying. Also agree with what someone else said, the passenger part looks (I don't ride two-up) more comfortable (it is LEVEL for one) than the rider part.

Yeti, I am interested to see what you end up with. Also, I met a guy who knows a guy who does seats on the side, and, based on the work I saw, does really good work/knows foam types and all that stuff....so that is another option.
Dirsuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #164
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

My seat is supposed to be here today so . . . I'll let you know when I get it.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #165
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

XPC Racing Seat

Got my XPC Racing seat this morning. Have only put about 25 miles on it so far so I have no real impressions of how comfortable is yet. It looks awesome and really well made. I'd give it a 9/10 for production. The custom "YETI" on the back turned out perfect.

I wanted it similar to the Rallye seat I've had, just a little wider at the top for more comfy. It doesn't interfere at all when standing and doesn't feel any taller than the Rallye seat (which is 1 1/2" taller than the regular seat).

Here're the pics: