Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #211
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Anybody try the famous Walmart ATV gel cover on the f800gs seat?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stearns-Bl..._fb_revshr_001

How did it fit?
Did it improve the comfort?
I will give it a try on the LOW seat soon...
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #212
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
It was a long time waiting in the que, but I finally got my first ever Renazco seat overhaul back. Immediately took it on a 2200 mile, nonstop journey to the Rocky Mountains and back, with zero "break-in time".

Result.......Unbelievably Good! How does James Renazco do this? I donno. Worth every penny and every day of waiting. I've heard about it for years, and can say it's as good as claimed. Spent over 13 hours in saddle first day pounding down the slab. Didn't even think about the seat until 8 hours into the ride. That's when I remembered to "feel" how it felt. and it was all good.

WOW is all I can say.

HF
This is good news. I ordered one for my DR-Z400 in April and my build date was last week. Hope to see it today or tomorrow. I have the Touratech Breathable seat on my F800GS and it has been fine bit for the DRZ I decided to try James Renazco. Dealing with them was very straightforward. Lead times are long, but from what I've heard it is worth it. I ordered the LeoVince carbon exhaust for the F800GS from them on Tuesday (on their killer sale) and it was here on Wednesday. Amazing.
oclv454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #213
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
Anybody try the famous Walmart ATV gel cover on the f800gs seat?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stearns-Bl..._fb_revshr_001

How did it fit?
Did it improve the comfort?
I will give it a try on the LOW seat soon...

I have one and occasionally use it on my low seat. 2 of the 3 straps fit fine. The front strap is right where the seat latches into the bike, so a work around is needed. Overall, it's worth the $17. If im doing a lot of highway riding/seat time, I'll throw it on.
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #214
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey636 View Post
I have one and occasionally use it on my low seat. 2 of the 3 straps fit fine. The front strap is right where the seat latches into the bike, so a work around is needed. Overall, it's worth the $17. If im doing a lot of highway riding/seat time, I'll throw it on.
great. thx for the feedback.
i will give it a try.
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:39 AM   #215
Pomo
gonzo

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
It was a long time waiting in the que, but I finally got my first ever Renazco seat overhaul back. Immediately took it on a 2200 mile, nonstop journey to the Rocky Mountains and back, with zero "break-in time".

Result.......Unbelievably Good! How does James Renazco do this? I donno. Worth every penny and every day of waiting. I've heard about it for years, and can say it's as good as claimed. Spent over 13 hours in saddle first day pounding down the slab. Didn't even think about the seat until 8 hours into the ride. That's when I remembered to "feel" how it felt. and it was all good.

WOW is all I can say.

HF
I also have a suede Renazco seat, and love it. I will say though that if I were to get another bike seat, I would look elsewhere simply because having to wait 6+ months (probably even more now) is just beyond my patience, now that I know what I was missing. If I need a more comfortable seat, I want it now, not in half a year.

"It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way." ~ Rubin, Road Trip

Pomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #216
murph76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
i sent my seat to renazco in may -was told 6mons wait too- luckly been working alot of hours in spring and summer so havent been able to ride as much as i would of hoped this year- borrowed a tt low until james gets done working his seat mojo - even the tt low and airhawk do me in after 4+ hrs of riding- heres hoping renazco's seat is every bit as good as everybody says they r.
murph76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #217
Mavman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Definite thumbs up for Touratech Standard seat. Just did 720km in one day and my butt is in pretty good shape. On the stock seat I could not get more than 100km!

Highly highly recommend this seat
Mavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #218
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph76 View Post
i sent my seat to renazco in may -was told 6mons wait too- luckly been working alot of hours in spring and summer so havent been able to ride as much as i would of hoped this year- borrowed a tt low until james gets done working his seat mojo - even the tt low and airhawk do me in after 4+ hrs of riding- heres hoping renazco's seat is every bit as good as everybody says they r.
I don't understand why you sent you seat to James in May if your build date was September or October. I ordered one for my DRZ the first week in April and was told the build date would be the week of August 22nd. I sent my seat to them August 18th and got the new one back in about ten days. It would have been even sooner but they were running behind and called me to say it would be a couple days late. I was in no hurry so was fine with that. They were great to work with.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #219
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavman View Post
definite thumbs up for touratech standard seat. Just did 720km in one day and my butt is in pretty good shape. On the stock seat i could not get more than 100km!

highly highly recommend this seat
+1
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #220
richmo1
Just a rider

Oddometer: 131
I have been riding on my SeatConcepts seat for several months now.
I still like it.
For rides over 300 miles in a day I through a Airhawk pad on it and then I'm good for 500+ miles.
richmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #221
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer: 1,110
I don't know what all the complaining is regarding the stock seat. I just picked up my F800 in Walnut Creek, CA and rode it back to Santa Monica, CA on highway 1 (and some twisties in the santa cruz mountains as well) - all told it was a 500 mile ride in 12 straight hours. I did stop for gas and lunch but no long rests. I wear a pair of bike shorts under my riding pants, nothing special.

The stock seat is not bad at all! Every so often I stand up and occasionally do some muscle clenches - but other than that you guys must be having some issues with the seat that I don't get at all. Granted I'm used to thin crappy dirt bike seats, crappy supermoto seats, and crappy sport bike seats; but what gives?

The F800 is not a highway king, it's not a hog; it's for going on highway jaunts to get offroad and do adventures. Why would you want a gel filled or super plush seat for that kind of riding? Just stand up every once in a while and move your butt around, it's not bad.

edit: I have a 32 inch inseam and my only complaint is that the bars are about an inch too high and the seat could actually be and inch higher as well - I want more of a mx feel to my controls. I want to be ON the bike, not IN the bike.
señormoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #222
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by themattreid View Post
I don't know what all the complaining is regarding the stock seat. I just picked up my F800 in Walnut Creek, CA and rode it back to Santa Monica, CA on highway 1 (and some twisties in the santa cruz mountains as well) - all told it was a 500 mile ride in 12 straight hours. I did stop for gas and lunch but no long rests. I wear a pair of bike shorts under my riding pants, nothing special.

The stock seat is not bad at all! Every so often I stand up and occasionally do some muscle clenches - but other than that you guys must be having some issues with the seat that I don't get at all. Granted I'm used to thin crappy dirt bike seats, crappy supermoto seats, and crappy sport bike seats; but what gives?

The F800 is not a highway king, it's not a hog; it's for going on highway jaunts to get offroad and do adventures. Why would you want a gel filled or super plush seat for that kind of riding? Just stand up every once in a while and move your butt around, it's not bad.

edit: I have a 32 inch inseam and my only complaint is that the bars are about an inch too high and the seat could actually be and inch higher as well - I want more of a mx feel to my controls. I want to be ON the bike, not IN the bike.
oh your just a hard ass!
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #223
worthydog
Shosholoza

Oddometer: 458
Quote:

WOW is all I can say.

HF
Do you lose any reach to the ground with these seats? They sound and look good, but I want to be able to flatfoot the bike.
worthydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #224
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer

James Renazco will make the seat to your custom needs. If you want the same as stock, he can do that, or make it taller, or shorter.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #225
mwalker
mike

Oddometer: 75
But its February before he can get to it, I got a quote from him two weeks ago. He is the best though.
mwalker is offline   Reply With Quote