Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2008, 03:50 AM   #16
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by BykMyk
I want to lower my bike about an inch and am looking for a shorter rear spring. Where can I get a shorter rear spring? I can't seem to find the hyperpro spring for the F8GS available anywhere on line.
Thanks,
Mike
Touratech UK have it listed as a new product for December . Ask Touratech USA.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #17
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_han
thanks for the help.
I'm looking to order the 50mm lower shock spring..might consider the front fork springs but dunno the price as yet and whether they help in my riding as current OEM ones are very new as well...

i am guessing that I'm shorter than u with smaller in-seam so I'd go with the 50mm kit. not sure if the bike would look like a "cruiser" type after the change. care to add your opinions? just afraid that the bike's handling and looks would be screwed after installing the lowering kit.
Sure do what you think best for your size and riding style by all means. Please note however that the 40mm lowering kit lowers the bike just over 1.5" while the 50mm would lower it almost 2". I only needed an inch so that is why I added the spacer to bring it back up to the 1" drop. Keep in mind too that you can lower the front almost 1 1/4 " by just raising the the fork tubes in the triple tree. Might save you the cost of new fork springs if you are OK with the stock ones and don't go all the way down to the 2" drop. As far as the look of the bike it is always going to look good, look like an F800GS but just have a different ride height. I would not worry about that but again just my 2 cents.

Good luck!
Mike
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:16 AM   #18
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BykMyk
I want to lower my bike about an inch and am looking for a shorter rear spring. Where can I get a shorter rear spring? I can't seem to find the hyperpro spring for the F8GS available anywhere on line.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike,
The spring is the F650GS spring, they claim it works on both the F650GS and the F800GS when I called them. I don't agree however and am working with them now due to the modifications I had to make to the spring when I got it.

I ended up with something I like (especially the rising rate) but I think they need to make it a direct fit and not miss lead their customers. Again just my 2 cents.

Thanks
Mike
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:58 AM   #19
nat_han
2 Wheelers By Choice.. =]

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkspear
Sure do what you think best for your size and riding style by all means. Please note however that the 40mm lowering kit lowers the bike just over 1.5" while the 50mm would lower it almost 2". I only needed an inch so that is why I added the spacer to bring it back up to the 1" drop. Keep in mind too that you can lower the front almost 1 1/4 " by just raising the the fork tubes in the triple tree. Might save you the cost of new fork springs if you are OK with the stock ones and don't go all the way down to the 2" drop. As far as the look of the bike it is always going to look good, look like an F800GS but just have a different ride height. I would not worry about that but again just my 2 cents.

Good luck!
Mike
thanks alot for sharing your point of view..
suddenly the 50mm lowering kit seems like a great descent to me!
nat_han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #20
Lucky:)
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_han
thanks alot for sharing your point of view..
suddenly the 50mm lowering kit seems like a great descent to me!
Hi Nat_han,

can you post the stock number or exact name of the product?
And how do you like it?
Lucky:) is offline   Reply With Quote