Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009, 05:45 AM   #46
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,681
Hey Berg, For more gain consider getting in touch with Wayne McDonald from Tuneboy. He does a lot of work remapping KTM ECU's. Once he has a base map of your ECU he then can upload various maps via a connectible cable and laptop which you have stored maps. The guy is a genius and can also address fuel maps etc. He can spread the torque, make it more linear down low and certainly fine tune to any pipe and header mods you have doen to the bike. Only problem is he is in Sydney.

Cheers

Steve

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:51 AM   #47
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRed
Hey Berg, For more gain consider getting in touch with Wayne McDonald from Tuneboy. He does a lot of work remapping KTM ECU's. Once he has a base map of your ECU he then can upload various maps via a connectible cable and laptop which you have stored maps. The guy is a genius and can also address fuel maps etc. He can spread the torque, make it more linear down low and certainly fine tune to any pipe and header mods you have doen to the bike. Only problem is he is in Sydney.

Cheers

Steve
thanks for that.

Richie Nyhouse the team head mechanic is in Melbourne and is talking to Richard Muurling of Vortex ignition etc along similar lines, but I will keep Wayne in mind as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #48
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,068
I was talking to richard from Vortex the other day , he add allredy started is KTM injection project ,( he owns a 690motard) i believe the Berg & KTM are the same type ECU's I think ,the 690's have more bullshit hanging off the injection ( fly by wire butterfly valve )

If more people show interest he will get craking , he is currectly working on RMZ, KXF
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #49
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts
I was talking to richard from Vortex the other day , he add allredy started is KTM injection project ,( he owns a 690motard) i believe the Berg & KTM are the same type ECU's I think ,the 690's have more bullshit hanging off the injection ( fly by wire butterfly valve )
the Berg & 690 injector is the same part, ECU likely to be very similar as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #50
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

i have head that the Berg FI tool works on the 690's At $1600 , out of my price range being unempolyed
Old 07-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #51
hicksamunga
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
The "Flush mount LED blinkers courtesy of CPW Safari" what brand are they? I've been looking around for something similar and they are the best looking example I've seen, a brand name or part number would make it easy to track down over this side of the country
Has CPW got a web site?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hicksa...3013893?ref=ts
hicksamunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #52
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksamunga
The "Flush mount LED blinkers courtesy of CPW Safari" what brand are they? I've been looking around for something similar and they are the best looking example I've seen, a brand name or part number would make it easy to track down over this side of the country
Has CPW got a web site?
PM him, his ADV id is CPWSAFARI
Old 07-05-2009, 03:43 AM   #53
InertiaDRZ400
AusSafari Addict

Oddometer: 583
Are you using the flush mounts for the front and rear indicators? I tried wiring them up today using the DRC LED flasher unit to find that there wasnt enough resistance for the system to realise they were there and thus flashed all 4 indicators!

Whats your setup?

Safari 2011 ! ........anticipation!
InertiaDRZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:46 AM   #54
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaDRZ400
Are you using the flush mounts for the front and rear indicators? I tried wiring them up today using the DRC LED flasher unit to find that there wasnt enough resistance for the system to realise they were there and thus flashed all 4 indicators!

Whats your setup?
flush mounts just on the rear

try them with just the stock flasher unit
Old 07-05-2009, 04:32 AM   #55
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaDRZ400

Whats your setup?
I used them front and rear and replaced the standard flasher relay with one that SuperCheap had on sale the other week. Works a treat . I have noticed that if only the front or only the rear are connected the remaining ones do not work at all.
#101 Dakar 2015, Kiwi Safari Team, Perth, WA
KTM 450 Rally ... Dakar ready
KTM 530 EXC-R
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:36 AM   #56
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg
PM him, his ADV id is CPWSAFARI
Or give the shop a ring because he's going on holiday for the week so the shop will have to look after you.
(08) 9434 1653 WST.
The shop is Cycle Products West.

I bought mine from KTM-Parts.com. I'll go and find the packet and let you know what brand they are but CPW's price is good and he has heaps of them in stock because his new order just came in.
#101 Dakar 2015, Kiwi Safari Team, Perth, WA
KTM 450 Rally ... Dakar ready
KTM 530 EXC-R
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #57
hicksamunga
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo1
Or give the shop a ring because he's going on holiday for the week so the shop will have to look after you.
(08) 9434 1653 WST.
The shop is Cycle Products West.

I bought mine from KTM-Parts.com. I'll go and find the packet and let you know what brand they are but CPW's price is good and he has heaps of them in stock because his new order just came in.
cheers i'll give the shop a call

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hicksa...3013893?ref=ts
hicksamunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #58
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg
thanks for that.

Richie Nyhouse the team head mechanic is in Melbourne and is talking to Richard Muurling of Vortex ignition etc along similar lines, but I will keep Wayne in mind as well.
I spoke to Wayne and he reckons he can apply multiple maps to the Berg for different riding conditions. The difference is he re flashes the ECU at each throttle position rather than say a Vortex where it corrects the ECU. He has already flashed a mates 690 with some success. You could have a map for hard racing, a map for snotty trail where you want the throttle less peaky and more linear and you could even have a map for economy for the transport legs. Ahhh.. The magic of Fuel injection

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #59
pete40
Life Behind Bars

Oddometer: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRed
I spoke to Wayne and he reckons he can apply multiple maps to the Berg for different riding conditions. The difference is he re flashes the ECU at each throttle position rather than say a Vortex where it corrects the ECU. He has already flashed a mates 690 with some success. You could have a map for hard racing, a map for snotty trail where you want the throttle less peaky and more linear and you could even have a map for economy for the transport legs. Ahhh.. The magic of Fuel injection
The 690 map switch has a heap of unused positions after #3 on the dial. I assume all of these could be assigned a different map. Just need to get that switch on the handlebars somehow.

After trying out the programs that are available, you can really notice the difference. I have the Akra map in mine now and it's better than standard one. The #1 position really slows the throttle response right down. it feels like a slug but has a definite purpose in really greasy conditions. I haven't tried the #0 position yet - bad fuel supposedly. Wonder what that does..
pete40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #60
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete40
The 690 map switch has a heap of unused positions after #3 on the dial. I assume all of these could be assigned a different map. Just need to get that switch on the handlebars somehow.

After trying out the programs that are available, you can really notice the difference. I have the Akra map in mine now and it's better than standard one. The #1 position really slows the throttle response right down. it feels like a slug but has a definite purpose in really greasy conditions. I haven't tried the #0 position yet - bad fuel supposedly. Wonder what that does..

I'll be extending the map switch cable to handle bar mount or next to the ignition key if possible , I'll let you know how i go, ( hoping just to make a double ended cable with the same connections a simple plug and play , ) but hours of work to make the bloody thing ,